• Shadow of the Bat
    • The Night Owl
    • The Night Owl
    • Wild Ride

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Yes this seems to be what is happening for some reason!

Yeah, I agree, I think, as a suggestion, all the coasters should be one set color. Since this is a coaster contest not a theming contest, anyway. Painting each piece of the track makes it look really cool. (No Offense)

I'm not saying this because I'm not in the lead, I just think that would give everyone a fair shot. But that's just my opinion.

The next comp will sart after this one is done

as for the voting, I'm not sure how to make it totally fair

so we will go on, with no changes

Well, the voting is as fair as we can make it, I think we've done all we can to make it fair without making it really restrictive and complicated to enter.

All the coasters should be one set color. Since this is a coaster contest not a theming contest, anyway. Painting each piece of the track makes it look really cool. (No Offense)

I disagree with you on this coasterdude5, I don't count track colour as theming. It could contribute to a rides overall theme but it isn't theming in and of itself.

Also, everyone (regardless of game or expansions) is free to change the track colour and it allows people to put some kind of stamp on their designs. It generally doesn't affect coaster ratings either so it's a positive way of allowing visual interest without interfering in the design aspect of the contest.

Once we start other types of contest (that allow theming and other elements) it will be interesting to see what factors produce popular coasters.

Again, I am really impressed with the response we've had to this contest, and despite a few boo-boos (sorry Coasters4Me) they appear to be going fairly smoothly. Thanks everyone for your participation, it's MUCH appreciated!!!!

Maybe there could be a few different rewards.

such as..

Highest excitement

Best use of colour

Most unique design

Best overall coaster

Everyone could either type their votes or maybe PM them to somebody.

Then There could be sort of like a rewards show.

That's just a suggestion because it would be a lot of work and it might not even be suitable.

I don't think you should limit colour as that makes all the coasters look rather boring. Also in someway it disadvantages the people who might not be the best at creating amazing coasters designs, but are good at the more artistic side of things.

I think no matter what there will always be bias from people voting and people that will disagree with the results. You just cant please everyone which sometimes makes these type of competitions diffucult.

It is still a really great idea and I eagerly anticipate the next competition.

Edited by zankara

we may have multiple awards for the park challenge, but not a bi-weekly coaster design, great idea though

And I do agree with pucechan, adding color to the track personalizes the ride without affecting the ratings, and adds to the creativity of the ride

and allison, you need to stop posting stuff that I give you in private, now we are going to have to come up with another idea, thanks alot

Yeah I agree that colour should be allowed. And also I know that there is no way of stopping people voting how they want. Sometimes it seems wrong though when you look at the most popular coaster, then at one which hasn't recieved many votes, and see that they are very similar in design and colour etc. The only way to stop this happening is to stop the contests, which would be a shame for the people who enjoy it.

When does the next contest start?

I heard a rumor the next contest is building the best 1x5 ferris wheel.

Would we be allowed to make it go backwards?

Though I think to be fair you should limit the amount of revolutions, that way people will vote for the right reasons and not because it goes around 4 more times than the other entries....

I guess if there was more at stake than a banner, I would totally agree, but, there isn't, and we are getting ready to start a Park Competition, so that adds to my long list of things to do

I think this way works OK, even if it is flawed

Maybe participants could send their track to Crispy or Pucechan and THEY'LL put up each design. That way noone knows who's design is what- just to stop any popularity contest.

That would drain the whole community aspect of this away, and without that a contest would be pointless. The whole thing to note here is this is a community contest, by making everyone anonymous you lose everything that means.

As it stands having people show there coaster and talk about them until voting is a GOOD thing. Once voting begins it's all about the coaster and that is why we decided to just have the coaster name there.

I guess if there was more at stake than a banner, I would totally agree, but, there isn't, and we are getting ready to start a Park Competition, so that adds to my long list of things to do

I think this way works OK, even if it is flawed

I agree, at the end of the day, this whole thing is for fun, the banner isn't really what people are entering for, they are (or should be lol) entering for the fun of entering.

If it was for a cash prize or something then we'd have a different entry mechanism but this is JUST FOR FUN.

Crispy, my coaster wasnt put up either, but for all i know it went out of bounds. it was Western Wonder http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18446&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20. but i probably wouldnt do well in the contets anyway

Yup, it went out of bounds, I PM'ed everyone who's coaster went out of bounds and we extended the contest for a day so people could fix the problems.

Western Wonder was a cool looking track too...