TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hopi Hari Theme Park 2011 - Brazil

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time Hopi Hari announced the 10 inversion rollercoaster (october, 2011), they said it would be a "new layout", the "2012 layout" as they would call it.

The park said some weird stuff, like "it will have a mega lite direct drop instead of a drop into a turn". They also said that the lift hill system is going to be a "cable lift", like Expedition GeForce, which would increase the lift hill speed to something around 20km/h. They also mentioned that the lift hill speed would feel like a launch (!?!?!?!). They also said that the trains would use a new restraint system (which made people in Brazil believe it would be lapbar only). I was on the press conference last year and was like "seriously guys, do you even know what you are buying?????"

It's probably going to be that new 12-inversion layout that's been floating around, minus the heartline roll before the brake run and minus a corkscrew.

The new 10-inversion rendering is the exact same old layout, the difference is that the train immediately starts going down instead of having a "pre-drop" like Colossus and the one at Chimelong.

As for the trains, if the restraints are new, I think that they're either going to be the five-point (like every recent Intamin coaster with inversions) or the system used on Lex Luthor Drop of Doom.

It's probably going to be that new 12-inversion layout that's been floating around, minus the heartline roll before the brake run and minus a corkscrew.

Nope.

This is the ride going to Hopi Hari:

Two more of these are coming to the CineCitta park in Italy and Chongqing Safari Park in China.

The new 10-inversion rendering is the exact same old layout, the difference is that the train immediately starts going down instead of having a "pre-drop" like Colossus and the one at Chimelong.

It looks very similar to Colossus, but the first drop has been changed and everything is slightly bigger and smoother.

The track itself is also bigger (75 cm --> 90 cm) and it will use a cable lift.

That's interesting - I could have sworn that it was confirmed somewhere that the layout wouldn't be like Colossus.

Still looks like a great ride regardless.

That's interesting - I could have sworn that it was confirmed somewhere that the layout wouldn't be like Colossus.

Still looks like a great ride regardless.

Well, technically it's not like Colossus since the first drop looks shaped differently, or is it the angle?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the photo, André.Vides!

^Aw… aww… awww – exactly: AWESOME!

Seriously: It’s such a pleasure/benefaction to see one of my favourite Anton Schwarzkopf-multi-unit-train with its classy/beautiful bended “nose” and its two (accented) eyes by the front-car in this brand new color-design!

I’m so happy about that new paintjob – it’s really sexy and successful! Definitely beautiful – yeah! The track-paintjob and theming besides too!

I can only repeat by myself: I’m so glad and so happy to see these original train-design by the second generation (with its typically nose, I was above shortly describing yet) STILL for this Shuttle Loop!

Thanks for this, Hopi Hari/Brazil, to keep the “old” but EVERGREEN original ANTON SCHWARZKOPF train-design (and of course the so - to my opinion - important and characteristic front-car with its nose too): It’s just TIMELESS and CLASSY .

I could further and furthermore try to describe and adore/crazy about it, but I guess, it’s not really possible to describe exactly - this is just “MAGIC”.

Well done, Hopi Hari… well done and biggest respect… very good taste also – smooth original!

Good question(s) by the way, A.J. I hope someone knows something about it more accurate and may answer ...

PS- HeitorAntunes, I overlooked that video above - till now… thanks, buddy!

I wanna say it is the same train with an awesome paint job...

But...

Rumor has it that this "new train" is actually Laser's (yup, dorney's Laser) old train. This super crazy rumor that has been going around coaster foruns in Brazil says Katapul's old train wasn't suitable for use anymore so Hopi Hari exchanged it (??????) with some other park that had that old train in storage.

That's the problem with brazilian facts, people try to make everything here looks more interesting that what really is... A few days ago, Hopi Hari posted on it's Facebook page that Montezun's (the wooden coaster) drop was 174 feet high. That means that Montezun's drop and El Toro's drop are pretty much the same height (and everybody knows this is bulls**t).

I still think Katapul has it's old trains with just an awesome paint job

... By the way: Judging by the HEADRESTS from the 6-unit-train by “Superman” @ Hopi Hari since that new paintjob and refurbishment of this Shuttle Loop - they are (quite) identical with these from the recent 7-unit-trains by the former "Laser" @ Dorney Park at least…

But that has not to mean (in fact), that this is one train from the former “Laser” but an option regarding to the rumours you were hearing (and reading), Maria - yep…

Only a quite identical design like I said above yet. But I see no more the former/same HEADRESTS, like before the refurbishment and new theme, if we all compare the both.

But it could be also only a partial headrest-change... yes. We will see/hear (exactly) perhaps in the next time…

These last mentioned (more “thicker” and a little bit different designed) headrests like for example by the former ”Katapul” @ Hopi Hari or "Aconcagua", etc., were used for example by the portable triple-loop “Dreier Looping” or the quadruple-loop “Thriller” too (in the premiere-season 1986 till the end of that named season by “Thriller” at least…), only to mention a few coasters with these elegant headrests - and besides - my absolutely favourite “headrest-generation/design” from all of them.

^Well, I guess, I gotta go to Argentina as well, to rip out a few like from “Aconcagua” @ Parque de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires - they are/were also on these “magic” trains… But I guess, I will get problems from that capricious brown bear…oh man…what I’m talking about here!… It’s/was R.D. of course, dressed as a bear… I knew it from the beginning… LOL!

Again: Great to see this original train by Anton with this new color scheme/paintjob/theme - whatever headrests! Thanks again, @Hopi Hari-management for keeping the "spirit" of Anton up!

All of you Brazilians there and here by TPR, can be very proud of it. Just AWESOME.

Thri”not to forget the original-mechanic-flywheel-launch-system”!!er

• 2 weeks later...

The Justice League area that was under construction (actually it was under rethemeing) opened last friday. The whole area looks great for a brazilian park, and reminds me a lot of Six Flags.

The shuttle loop looks pretty cool with the new Superman theme:

And so does the powered coaster:

There are a lot of great pictures in this blog: Hopi Mundo Fã

And of course, they've installed new brazilian baths haha

I really love how Hopi Hari incorporated the Hall of Justice, especially since a majority of my childhood revolved around re-run episodes of Super Friends. Shoot, wish I had both the time and money to visit this park. It looks more enjoyable, and most likely cleaner, than what I consider to be my homepark.

This is one of the attractions of Aribabiba, area where the Justice League is located. That's the attraction TOKAIA, where is enters a battle with the Catwoman Wonder Woman, this briquedo you have the feeling of being in a container port.

[youtube2]

[/youtube2]

Also check out the video that the visitor Danilo Pereira made the region ARIBABIBA. It was incredible video.

[youtube2]

[/youtube2]

Admin Edit: Fixed YouTube Link - Joey

Edited by jray21

Seriously, it almost seems like I'm making this up! Last wednesday a couple claimed that their lap bar at Montezum opened (or got loose somehow) during the lift hill. They started to scream and their friends, sitting in front of them, turned around and tried to hold the lap bar down as much as he could during the ride. The coulple was only restrained by the spare lap bar. When the train arrived at the station, the girls mouth was bleeding and the guy had a bruise on his wrist due to the effort both did trying to stay in place during the course. The camera even took a picture of them (see the link). Hopi Hari says they didn't find anything wrong with the coaster.

g1.globo.com/sp/campinas-regiao/noticia/2012/12/policia-investiga-suspeita-de-falha-em-trava-de-montanha-russa-do-hopi-hari.html

• 1 month later...

Actually if you look at the picture carefully, you will see that it doesn't look like lapbars, but just the regular new Intamin train that is being used at Green Lantern (SFMM).

I was told that the OTSR part will be attached to this train later, as you can see on the picture below.

_DSC0577.thumb.jpg.718b1056671caefb8216e2ecca31e03e.jpg

Green Lantern at SFMM, picture by Justin Garvanovic

^ Shouldn't really matter since this is supposed to have the same layout as the existing ones except for the drop so there shouldn't be the significant airtime that skyrush has. The ones on Lex Luthor are basically the same and are fine. The only thing I'm dubious about is the lack of lateral support for the hearline rolls.