TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hopi Hari Theme Park 2011 - Brazil

This seat that seems to be the hot topic, was it just that one end seat that had the possible clearance issues or was it the entire cabin that was at risk with taller riders? At this point, I should probably read through the thread, may answer several of my questions; I'm sure I'm missing some details.

Just that end seat had the clearance issue.

Hopi Hari usually do not operate all 5 sections. Normally they keep section 1 stoped up at the top of the tower. Don't really know why...

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seat that seems to be the hot topic, was it just that one end seat that had the possible clearance issues or was it the entire cabin that was at risk with taller riders? At this point, I should probably read through the thread, may answer several of my questions; I'm sure I'm missing some details.

Just that end seat had the clearance issue.

Hopi Hari usually do not operate all 5 sections. Normally they keep section 1 stoped up at the top of the tower. Don't really know why...

Usually SFA kept car #2 stopped at the bottom with the carrier at the top.

Looking at the video it appears that the locks on that particular harness were completely removed/disabled as it shouldn't be freely moving like that even when the car is at ground level ready for the next group of riders...with that in mind the victim in this case should've known something wasn't right the minute she sat down & attempted to pull down & lock the restraint.I would've simply gotten out of the seat & alerted the ops to the fact that the restraint didn't appear to be locking at all.

All off the videos I've seen covering the story are pretty creepy, despite not being able to understand what people are saying. I hope that Intamin is part of the investigation even if it isn't their fault. I think these tower rides have gotten a lot of bad publicity to the point where blatantly obvious modifications could be made to restore some confidence in riders.

Also, on the topic about cars being out of service, I always thought they didn't use a car if wind was blowing into it.

Edited by asimowalk

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those who love Katapul (old Thunder Looper Alton Towers), some pictures of her getting the theme of Superman:

The area Aribabiba is getting the theme of Justice League, that should open in late August/2012.

The area Infantasia finished with the theme of new Looney Tunes:

425615_233006190126649_1863790114_n.jpg

More info n' pictures: http://www.hopiharimania.com

• 3 weeks later...

cartaz_luanegra.jpg.c62c591dfba617e9b4070174e0015525.jpg

Guys, Hopi Hari's Horror Times 2012 coming! It, an event like Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando, gonna starter in 17º of August. The theme of this year is Dark Moon (Vampires, werewolves...)

Look at the Haunted houses (2)!

1º Underworld

DSC01579.thumb.JPG.a337b4f951b43a96ce4921d9b5bd251f.JPG

Underworld

DSC01639.thumb.JPG.426782a7a0b3b0a0d39c08ae94f7ae59.JPG

2º Mansion Malkav

DSC01578.thumb.JPG.9788918df850ba9bc70a40ccfcf129d4.JPG

DSC01632.thumb.JPG.9e8c252bc40accec9cf809a286e90f64.JPG

Photos: hopiharimania.com

Did anyone else face palm when they saw Speedy Gonzalez on an Italian pizza stand? Considering they SPEAK A LATIN LANGUAGE there, I would have assumed they understood it wasn't Italian

If a Mexican mouse wants to sell pizza in a country where they speak Portuguese, he can do that.

• 4 weeks later...

technfxrick,

I can't confirm for you this doubt, because the park has not released the December's schedule. But, I think - definitely -, that they will open on thursdays for sundays (or wednesdays for sundays). Check before! I hope I helped you.

Good news: When you come here, the new area of the Justice League is already open. It will open in the end of October ("Thinkwell" is working on it)