TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review in JAPAN! 2011

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb, I am thinking of maybe heading back to Japan in February and I was just wondering at Universal Japan in Osaka what hotel did you stay at? I see they have 5 official hotels (and 9 neighbor hotels) and was wondering which one you stayed at (so I will know they are "English" friendly. Thanx

^After he is done with the East Coast trip I'm sure Robb will address your question regarding if he and Elissa know the English friendly hotels in the area. However, on this recent tour TPR did not stay near Universal. This stop was during our bullet train days.

However, on this recent tour TPR did not stay near Universal. This stop was during our bullet train days.

Just curious. Did you guys stay in Nagoya during that run? That's where we stayed when we went to Universal (and other places) in 2007.

However, on this recent tour TPR did not stay near Universal. This stop was during our bullet train days.

Just curious. Did you guys stay in Nagoya during that run? That's where we stayed when we went to Universal (and other places) in 2007.

Yes, stayed in Nagoya for 3-4 nights, R&E said the city has become more upsacle (Prada, Burberry, Gucci etc..) since their last visit

Yes, stayed in Nagoya for 3-4 nights, R&E said the city has become more upsacle (Prada, Burberry, Gucci etc..) since their last visit

Cool. I thought it was a really nice place anyway! Our hotel was about 3 blocks from the JR station, on the opposite side of the tracks from the 6-story Akihabara

^ And it was a great hotel, too!

With a really interesting corner bulding nearby.

And an equally interesting lower level food mall below the bldg.

We had sundaes in the Alice In Wonderland Cafe.

And there was a Lovers Cafe there too,

although we saw more groups of women

in it, at the time...

Hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey TPRers, I just joined the forum yesterday and just read this entire topic over the past 2 days!

I'm really impressed by TPR, how well organized your trip was and how happy everyone is, including the cute little girl.

I am currently in Japan, doing my internship at a company near Tokyo, I really enjoy rollercoasters and theme parks but I'm no roller coaster nerd I only have 4 weeks of my 12 weeks in Japan left. I've been to Sea Paradise and Yomiuri land and I really loved reading your trip reviews about them. Since I am on a tight free time schedule and limited budget I can't really afford going too far to visit all these amazing theme parks TPR went to but I still plan to visit Disney Sea (and Disney Land if I have the time and resources) and Fuji-Q (really happy I finally read a good review about it, hope I don't go on a bad day) and maybe a couple of those smaller parks.

I have a comment about the White Canyon at Yomiuri Land, it was painful despite all the padding yet still enjoyable, I went on it 3 times

thanks for all the great posts and I will post any comments I have following my visits to Disney Sea and Fuji Q

best regards

Since you guys had those translators when you did the Stitch Tiki Room, I've always wondered what the Japanese lyrics for the final song were (The part after Stitch does his whole "Iki tooki nee ha" stuff). Could someone who went on this trip give me the lyrics please?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My boyfriend can just about fit into rides at Six Flags theme parks. We are planning a trip to Fuji Q highland and are worried that the sizes of the rides might be for smaller Japanese frames. Can you confirm whether someone with a weight of about 275lbs can fit in the rides of Fuji Q highland?

I think only Fujiyama and the suspended rodent coaster are made by Japanese companies, so they're all pretty standard compared to what you'd find in the US. Takabisha has a few more straps than normal Eurofighters, but I didn't find it to be an issue. Eejanaika and Fujiyama are comparable to their Arrow equivalents. I didn't ride Dodonpa this last time, so I'm relying on more distant memories, but it does seem it was somewhat tight (it's also my least favorite of the big four, so no huge loss there).

Highly recommend you get fastpasses early if it looks like there will be more than a couple other people in the park. It's at the stand between the wild mouse and carousel, 1000 yen/ride, 1 hour window scheduled when you purchase (possibly flexible if you're late, but don't risk it), and they sell out quick. It's not cheap, but each one will probably save you 1-3 hours (+) of wait time, which might be necessary. Also, Fujiyama was at one train operations a couple weeks ago, so it could have a deceivingly long line (I counted at least 8 minutes per cycle). Everything else matched what was posted.

Back to your question; watch out for Nasu Highland. They probably have the world's largest collection of Japanese built coasters (Meisho), and I had to sit sideways on most of them as a result. In fact, as a rule there, the larger the coaster, the less legroom you'll receive. I also barely got the seatbelt on at Galaxy Express 999.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...