TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review in JAPAN! 2011

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the whole report again. I just can't get enough of looking at pics of Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea. This place is really high up on my bucket (right after the Eiffel Tower). Was a little disappointed there wasn't much Duffy, considering the phenomenon he is in Japan, but I'll take the few photos I spotted him in. I just love me some Duffy bear!

Loved the family shots at the end though. Best way to sum it all up.

Oh and.... I want a Japan bag of crap!

Amazing, fantastic report!

Seeing the TDL entrance sign without an overlay looks...odd...

The parks looked fairly crowded...would you say 'normal' crowds are back?

The worst part of reading your TR, other than missing Japan so much, was opening my credit card bill from our May trip at the same time...shock! Shame about the exchange rate...

Just finished part 4. Sad that the TR is over. It was one epic TR.

I remember being 2 or 3 and seeing Song of the South in the theater. I had always liked the songs in that movie.

I'm glad everyone had a fantastic time in Japan!

The parks looked fairly crowded...would you say 'normal' crowds are back?

The parks didn't seem any more/less crowded than our previous visits. On the weekdays the park were fairly light, but pretty busy on the weekends. Pretty much just like any other Disney parks!

That's definitely good to hear. It was a bit depressing to see the parks so dead back in May, even with the discounting. We couldn't even use our free hotel guest Fast Passes, as no attraction offered FP during our four days there...

Just finished going through the last few pages, this entire report has made me so nostalgic of Japan. Fantastic, brilliant reporting! So, uh... When is TPR hitting Japan again?

Just some stuff I remembered: so the Sinbad ride in DisneySea was one of the rides I missed when I went, I now see how silly I was to discount it as a poor man's It's A Small World. That music is so uplifting... And completely sung in Japanese, of course. But look at the English booklet they gave you. Try singing those words to the tune... Another example of the extraordinary amount of detail present - they really thought of everything!

Pooh's Hunny Hunt is definitely an amazing ride and I can't wait to see how they use that technology elsewhere. Apart from Acquatopia, of course. Were there rumours it'll be used in the new Ratatouille ride at DLRP?

But in closing, thank you so much for the wonderful photos. It certainly looks like you had an amazing time, and thanks to your reporting and photography skills... so did we!

^To answer some of your questions...

TPR goes back to Japan in 2013! Disney, Tokyo, and Northern Japan trips!!!!

And yes, the Ratatouille ride is rumored to use the Pooh technology. I REALLY hope it lives up to Pooh! I am much more a fan of Ratatouille than Pooh!

And yes, the Ratatouille ride is rumored to use the Pooh technology. I REALLY hope it lives up to Pooh! I am much more a fan of Ratatouille than Pooh!

Incredible! you TOO can be made into Sauce Bearnaise or Soupe L'ongion Gratinee!

(BTW: I want a MEAT PIG!!!)

Just got caught up on the last part of the update, HOLY CRAP that was one extensive Disney update! Thanks for the hard work you guys put into this and all of the other updates, and especially the trips and how much fun they truly are. It really shows in the updates how much fun they are and how much fun you guys are having.

Our final winner is TPR User: aimster - email me your mailing address to claim your Japan/Tokyo DIsney Bag-o-Crap! robbalvey@themeparkreview.com Please put "Ultimate Tokyo Disney Update Bag-o-Crap" in the subject line!

Runner-Up winner is TPR User: BeemerBoy - do the same as above, and we'll send you some crap which may or may not include some Tokyo Disney stuff!