TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review in JAPAN! 2011

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, another awesome update. I really like seeing the videos of Tokyo Disney attractions that I've been on, as it is quite funny to see them in a different languange. Also, most of them end up being better in Japan (typically due to theming). I also prefer Holiday Small World and Haunted Mansion to their regular versions (Holiday Mansion is my favorite attraction at Disneyland). If you do Japan trips every two years (approximately) i don't think I'll be able to do 2013, but I'm planning Japan 2015 (yes, a bit far out, but whatever).

Thanks for the updates from Japan for your entire trip. I know it must have been a lot of work, but I really think these were some of the best updates ever.

I just keep getting more and more jealous of these trip reports! Oh man I've always wanted to go to Japan, and every time I see the reports for a new Japan report I just think of how much more I want to go there than the last time! Its great that you guys went now too, to help out with their tourism and boosting the economy after the recent disasters in Japan. Glad to hear you had a good time!

Great update! Looks like it was a lot of fun! Haven't had a chance to visit Tokyo Disneyland myself, but it's definitely on my to-do list. Thanks for taking time out of your trip to take lots of pictures and to share the experience with us!

THOSE. WAFFLES. Doing it SO right.

I've only visited Disney World in Orlando twice, but I was very young the first time and couldn't really do much. The second time I went during our family's 2007 summer vacation we didn't spend much time in Fantasy Land, but I remember similar facades for the rides. Is it the rides themselves that are "retro" or just the entire way they themed the area?

I'm impressed!

TPR managing two huge trips within a week or two? There's no way I could do that without getting burned out, especially with a full time job and a family to take care of.

The photos and prizes are just the icing on the cake!

Kudos to Robb and Elissa for giving us an awesome TR! Hope you guys have a great time on the NE trip!

This update makes me miss Tokyo Disney so much. I was planning a trip to Osaka next year (if the US dollar does not completely collapse that is) and I might have to jump over to TDR for a few days. Its so true about the Japanese people taking their parades seriously, I saw people starting to line up an hour before the electrical parade and decided to grab my spot and pass up on going on a couple of rides. Again thanx for bringing back so many memories.

Apparently flushing toilet paper after use isn't that common in some cultures. I once had a room mate in college ask me whether we should do that or not in our apartment. Standing on the seat seems strange though.

I'd assume that that's because of the prevalence of squat toilets in Japan and the fact that it is possible to retrofit a Western toilet to allow the user to squat on it. Even knowing that, I still laughed at that picture! That's what's so awesome about different cultures-even something as universal as going to the bathroom can seem strange and hilarious to someone not accustomed to it.

I love everything about Japan. The only thing is the squat toilets, good thing I never had to use one when I was there. I really miss Disney Sea, hopefully I will go with TPR next time!