TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review in JAPAN! 2011

See, I knew posting an opposite review would get you fired up. I did the ride only 1 time during my 3 days there and just like you wrote " on my first ride on it a couple of years ago, I found it to be kind of under-whelming" which is exactly how I felt the 1 and only time I rode it. I am sure if I rode it again MAYBE I would change my mind but everytime I walked by it the wait was over 1 hour and for a ride I felt was "under-whelming" I did not want to wait. You and Elissa both agreed that it would be better if there was a button on the flashlight and I agree 100% with you guys (but please no TSM pull string my arm gets so tired by the third game).

To answer the second question yes I do speak Japanese (not fluent but I had no problem getting by anywhere I went in Japan), so I did understand what to do that is why I said I put down the flashlight and just enjoyed the story (although the written instructions suck, Japan has 3 styles of writting : Hiragana, Katagana and Kanji. I only learned Hiragana but darn them if they don't write signs using all 3 styles).

Much like the fact that you didn't care for Storm Rider at Disneysea and I loved it, and I didn't care for Monsters inc. but you loved it we can agree to have a freindly disagreement but unite in the fact that TDR is greater than all other Disney parks combined.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY CRAP! This has to be the ultimate update of updates! I found myself looking through this MASSIVE update and I never felt bored or confused or down right unentertained. This has to be the best update I have ever seen on this web site...hell...maybe the best update EVER! Both of these parks looks f*cking amazing and I can't wait till I can get enough money to make it out to Japan and definitely hit these parks up.

DisneySea - I my effing God! First of...Fantasmic was amazing! I remember you saying somewhere (might have been on YouTube) that the video was of the show when it didn't have the full finale with all the fireworks because there was high winds. Was that true? So you mean there is more to that already awesome show!??! DisneySea is like a super orgasm for anyone who loves a theme park for theming (that's why they call them theme parks right) and it looks like DisneySea is the best one out there. The pictures and videos you shot really bring that park alive and it really felt like I saw the whole park!

Tokyo Disney - Another Disneyland but this one looks amazing. The detail on the rides here is freaking incredible. The Winnie The Pooh ride is another orgasm for people who love dark rides. I can't believe how the Pooh ride at Tokyo literally craps all over the one at Disneyland in Cali...literally...crap flying all over the place.

Amazing update and I'm really glad you guys took your time on this update because it truly is just THAT amazing!

Jimmy "I want to go to Japan NOW" Bo

^ JimmyBo, the video I shot was of the show was with the current set of fireworks. I did hear that there are some effects and pyro that aren't going off right now due to the power saving in Japan, but I don't know how true that is. I guess we'll see if a video of the show surfaces in a few months and there is even more fireworks.

When we saw the show in high winds, that was when we first saw from our balcony at Mira Coasta and they didn't have most of the pyro going.

Awesome stuff Robb. I'm quite jealous of your guys' view from your hotel room. There must have been plenty of tissues near the window because that view is orgasmic.

Jimmy "Needed tissues looking at the update" Bo

I've looked at all the pictures, read the captions, and watched most of the videos. All I can say is, "Incredible!" This ranks right up there with the best and most comprehensive TRs ever on TPR. On an unrelated note, I never before realized the Aqatopia vehicles rolled around on wheels in shallow water. I had always assumed they were like remote controlled bumper boats that ran in water that was at least a couple feet deep. The things you learn from reading TPR... By the way, can you tell the water is shallow when you're riding? If not for that picture of the drained attraction I would have still thought it was deeper water.

Robb, Thank you for the very in depth report of Tokyo Disney and I for one can not wait to see the amazing-ness that will be part 4. The video are amazing and I know that they take a lot of work to do well, but I very much appreciate it.

And now....Theme Park Review presents to you...

The Ultimate TPR Tokyo Disney Resort Update - Part 4

Are you ready for the fourth and sadly final update from Tokyo Disneyland? Get ready! We have both some retro attraction videos, some brand new attraction photos, and just a ton of information for you Disney geeks to soak up! So once again, go fill up on Black Pepper and Strawberry Popcorn one more time as we bring you the final installment to our Tokyo Disney Resort Ultimate Update!

Click the image below to take you to the update!

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Tokyo_Disneyland/The_Ultimate_TPR_Tokyo_Disneyland_Update/tokyo_disneyalnd2_005.jpg

WIN A JAPAN/TOKYO DISNEY TPR BAG-O-CRAP!!!

ONE MORE CHANCE TO WIN!!!

TPR is going to give away FOUR Japan/Tokyo Disney themed Bags-o-Crap! One for each Tokyo Disney Resort update we post! To enter to win one, all you have to do is POST YOUR COMMENTS to this thread! We will select at random one person between each of the updates posted to receive this awesome bag full of Japanese CRAP!

Our next winner is TPR User: Mosaic513 - email me your mailing address to claim your Japan/Tokyo DIsney Bag-o-Crap! robbalvey@themeparkreview.com Please put "Ultimate Tokyo Disney Update Bag-o-Crap" in the subject line!

Runner-Up winner is TPR User: RoCo - do the same as above, and we'll send you some crap which may or may not include some Tokyo Disney stuff!

To win your Japan/Tokyo Disney Bag-o-Crap - click that "reply" button and POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Enjoy the updates!

--Robb

Another outstanding update- yet again. I'm totally in love with the realism and retro-look (if dated) of Tommorowland- as that's sort of how I remember my first trips to WDW back in the 70s and 80s.

Thunder Mountain has that 'tracks going everywhere' look that I tend to think that the Paris Model lost, sadly.

Once again, Japan looks like a must do in 2013...

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Tokyo_Disneyland/The_Ultimate_TPR_Tokyo_Disneyland_Update/tokyo_disneyalnd2_102.jpg

Ikspiari reminds me of Circus Circus' Promenade when it first opened in the 90s.

I can't believe I read through this entire TR. I'm not a Disney fan, but love hearing about Japanese culture! Thanks R&E!

Ok the instructions on how to use the toilet were hilarious!

OMG those waffles look awesome!

The old school look of Fantasyland is pretty interesting.

I really enjoyed the whole report. All 12 pages! Just.... awesome!

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Tokyo_Disneyland/The_Ultimate_TPR_Tokyo_Disneyland_Update/tokyo_disneyalnd2_102.jpg

Ikspiari reminds me of Circus Circus' Promenade when it first opened in the 90s.

I can't believe I read through this entire TR. I'm not a Disney fan, but love hearing about Japanese culture! Thanks R&E!

It really does remind me more of one of the Vegas malls. While I certainly prefer the other Downtown Disney's and the openness they all have, this makes more sense for Japan with how much it rains. At least if it's raining, or gross outside, you can be shopping and dining indoors in a nice climate controlled environment.