TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review in JAPAN! 2011

DId Mount Prometheus exist before the park was built? I've heard there are no construction photos of it because it is a REAL MOUNTAIN (made of real rock).

I believe the city of Chiba (including TDR) is actually built on land fill (that is why during the earthquake water was seaping up through the ground because the land fill was sifting downwards and compacting forcing the moisture in the dirt upwards, at least that is what was explained on several Discovery channel shows about the earthquake) so I don't know if the mountain could have already been there, but it would be interesting if that were the case.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO. LOVING. THIS. REPORT.

Seriously. If you can't make it out there, this is the next best thing... BAR NONE.

And OMG I just died seeing all those cute little Duffy badges! I love me some Duffy (and Shellie May)!

Edited by aimster

In regards to the various popcorn flavours, have you tried to combine the black pepper with the sea salt for salt and pepper popcorn, or are the flavours in different parks?

This sort of came up in discussion during our visit. Both with the popcorn and the flavours of Shaka Shaka Chicken. We decided that it would be blasphemous to mess with something that was already perfect!

I mixed the Lemon and the Black Pepper Shaka Shaka at the airport when leaving Tokyo, and it was even better!

Edited by larrygator

DId Mount Prometheus exist before the park was built? I've heard there are no construction photos of it because it is a REAL MOUNTAIN (made of real rock).

I believe the city of Chiba (including TDR) is actually built on land fill (that is why during the earthquake water was seaping up through the ground because the land fill was sifting downwards and compacting forcing the moisture in the dirt upwards, at least that is what was explained on several Discovery channel shows about the earthquake) so I don't know if the mountain could have already been there, but it would be interesting if that were the case.

I take it you missed Chris' sarcasm there.

I take it you missed Chris' sarcasm there.

So that explains it.....Miracles.

.... 20 dollars will be paypaled to the first person that can find me actual contruction photos of the mountain..... .. REALLY..

The bounty has now been raised to 30 dollars USD (or I can pay you in somalian pirate dollars if that is your thing) .. According to wikipedia and my mom, I doubt anyone can prove to me with photographic evidence that mount prometheus isn't really an actual mountain..

And now....Theme Park Review presents to you...

The Ultimate TPR Tokyo Disney Resort Update - Part 3

We must part ways with Tokyo DisneySea, yes, I know it's difficult, but we must. But now we venture into the tried and true "classic" Disney park with some attractions that might look familiar, and a few that will blow your mind! Fill up your souvenir bucket of Honey Popcorn and get ready for Tokyo Disneyalnd! More photos & attraction videos!

Click the image below to take you to the update!

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Tokyo_Disneyland/The_Ultimate_TPR_Tokyo_Disneyland_Update/tokyodisneyland_004.jpg

WIN A JAPAN/TOKYO DISNEY TPR BAG-O-CRAP!!!

TPR is going to give away FOUR Japan/Tokyo Disney themed Bags-o-Crap! One for each Tokyo Disney Resort update we post! To enter to win one, all you have to do is POST YOUR COMMENTS to this thread! We will select at random one person between each of the updates posted to receive this awesome bag full of Japanese CRAP!

Our next winner is TPR User: Nyteowl - email me your mailing address to claim your Japan/Tokyo DIsney Bag-o-Crap! robbalvey@themeparkreview.com Please put "Ultimate Tokyo Disney Update Bag-o-Crap" in the subject line!

Runner-Up winner is TPR User: frozenflames - do the same as above, and we'll send you some crap which may or may not include some Tokyo Disney stuff!

To win your Japan/Tokyo Disney Bag-o-Crap - click that "reply" button and POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Enjoy the updates!

--Robb