TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review in JAPAN! 2011

(Can't believe, though, that "Raging Spirits" cost nearly $70 million. )

Yeah, RCDB says it cost 8 billion yen which is like 100 Million US dollars which is ridiculious to me. Disney attractions always seem to cost a hell of a lot more than they should. How does Raging Spirits cost as much as Everest? And how does Everest cost $100 Million to begin with?

It all went into the theming and surrounding area. When you look at the ride system itself, that was probably nothing. But the attention to detail paid to everything else - the pyro used on that huge statute out front, the fog machines that trigger perfectly, the lightning that is set up at night, even down to the little rotating "360" signs complete with tracer lights and you can see where the money went.

You have to remember that in Japan, "presentation" is almost more important than the ride itself. If your "show" is GREAT, then you can afford to have a slightly more mediocre ride. This theory is true for Raging Spirits.

Yeah, makes sense that seeing it in person would probably make the budget seem a lot less outrageous. (But I can EASILY see how Everest cost $100 million, even in pictures.)

One last thing, I did not see this mentioned but Tokyo Disney Sea does not have "hidden mickeys"

They don't?

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Tokyo_DisneySea/The_Ultimate_TPR_Tokyo_DisneySea_Update/disneysea_update_150.jpg

Am I the only one missing it? DERP...

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one missing it? DERP...

Don't worry....these folks also had a hard time finding it...

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Tokyo_DisneySea/The_Ultimate_TPR_Tokyo_DisneySea_Update/disneysea_update_149.jpg

There ARE Hidden Mickey's at Tokyo DisneySea...they are just really hidden!

In regards to the various popcorn flavours, have you tried to combine the black pepper with the sea salt for salt and pepper popcorn, or are the flavours in different parks?

This sort of came up in discussion during our visit. Both with the popcorn and the flavours of Shaka Shaka Chicken. We decided that it would be blasphemous to mess with something that was already perfect!

Kidtums saying, "I almost lost my ears," has got to be the highlight of this update. That being said, Tokyo DisneySea and Europa Park are both places I HAVE to visit at least once in my life, they're both so beautiful. The detail, THE DETAIL.

In regards to the various popcorn flavours, have you tried to combine the black pepper with the sea salt for salt and pepper popcorn, or are the flavours in different parks?

This sort of came up in discussion during our visit. Both with the popcorn and the flavours of Shaka Shaka Chicken. We decided that it would be blasphemous to mess with something that was already perfect!

I completely understand! I've just always wondered if the combination of awesomeness would result in super-awesomeness!!

Speaking of Japan, Japan just beat Sweden today in the Women's World Cup semifinal on ESPN. The Women's World Cup final will be Japan vs USA this Sunday. I know this is not theme park related, but it is Japan related.

Going back to Tokyo DisneySea, I thought the POV of the Raging Spirits sign showing the loop was AWESOME. I also saw another hidden Mickey in a different picture in the update, but going back now I can't find it.