TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review in JAPAN! 2011

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome pics and Tokyo Disney update so far, it was well worth the wait. How late was Tokyo Disney Sea open to when you went? I love it when parks are open to Midnight (or at least 10PM) like Disneyland in California often is as it gives more time to experience the park at night and gives you different ride experiences at night (as you proved with the night vs. day POVs of Aquatopia). Looks like DisneySea is the best theme park in the world, any argument there? Another thing I have to ask, will there be any POVs of flavored popcorn What was the favorite popcorn flavor overall of TPR members? And you/Elissa/KidTums? Anyways, book me on the next TPR trip to Tokyo where shall I mail the check to?

P.S. Let me know if you need my address for that TPR Tokyo Bag O Crap

^^ I think both parks stayed open until 10pm, with Fantasmic! being at 8pm. As for popcorn, my favorites are Black Pepper and Curry, with Strawberry and Honey being a close second. I know that DCA at one point tried a version of Black Pepper popcorn, but it was just gross. It was like the took regular buttered popcorn and added Black Pepper flavour to it, but that's just not how it's made at the Tokyo parks.

In my opinion, your on-ride video of Journey may just be your greatest contribution to mankind, unless KidTums grows up to be some awesome brewer or theme park chain president and demands that all parks in her chain add a Mega-lite and a Journey clone or invents time travel or finds the cure for stupidity or something along those lines. DisneySea is beyond amazing, and for as many pictures as I looked at before visiting, I was still completely blown away the moment I stepped foot in the place. Easily my favorite park on the planet with a great collection of rides, shows, restaurants, snacks, shops, and things to explore. The crazy part is it doesn't even have an amazing signature roller coaster, just a roller skater and a clone of another Disney coaster (which they managed to make better by magically transforming it to be less painful) but yet the park in no way screams "I need a good coaster!" like many other parks do. In a way I'm kinda glad the park doesn't have a great coaster, otherwise it would mean I'd have less time to dedicate to Journey, Tower, Sindbad, Indy, Aquatopia, etc! I can't wait to get back there, but until then I'll keep myself happy with the Journey hi-def POV, amongst the other videos. Thanks a bunch, can't wait to see the rest!

I remember when I was younger and heard of Aquatopia I had thought that it was a "bumper boats" style attraction and you drove the boats yourself.

My Chandu flannel I bought when we went with you guys is getting slightly tatty. I think that's reason enough to go back!

I love Tokyo Disneysea so much! I need to go back to Japan! Hell, I just need to go back to Journey to the Centre of the Earth!

Thanks for letting me re-live memories!

This is just astounding. I usually will go on boat rides just to see, but the video of Sinbad makes me really WANT to go on it cause it looks awesome. Well, I don't know when, but someday!

Thanks for all the amazing pictures and video. Looking forward to the next 3!

Hey Robb,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did that room cost you a night because that view is just amazing. I'm guessing it has to be more than the price per night at the Polynesian or Grand Floridian in WDW.

-Migs

I cry with jealousy reading the Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea reports. One of these days... I will eventually get my butt to Japan and visit these amazing parks. This is very high on my bucket list. Even if I'm 90 years old and in a wheelchair, it WILL happen!

Gorgeous photos and the videos are awesome. Almost feels like I'm there.