TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IOA Lost Continent's Future

So, I'm a new member here, but I'm not new to this awesome site.

This past Sunday I had to go to Fullsail to do a tour of the school. While there my family and I went to Islands of Advenutre, we basically go there everytime we go to Orlando because of Harry Potter. While there I got some news, that I know those who enjoy new expansions and demolitions will like. I have a friend that works at the Suess-Landing on one of the rides, and I was able to meet up with her at the park once she got off work. She got to tell me some secrets about the park and all of the things that go on backstage. A lot of them just made me want to work there myself, which I am hoping to do sometime in college coming up.

The biggest thing that she told me, was that the Lost Continent area is for a fact going to be replaced. The area has lost it's popularity, and is mostly just passed by to get to Potter. So the rumors are true about the area being torn down. What is still undecided though is what it will turn into.

The park releases a rumor to their employees to get their team members feedback, which through the team members gets released to the public.

So far the two rumors that are going around through the team members are,

1) Expansion of Harry Potter to include Diagon Alley.

2) Lord of the Rings themed area.

So there you have it, two possible lands and a rumor that is confirmed, from what she said...so don't hold me too it.

Your thoughts and opinons?

Personally I think they could do both. Lost Continent is a big area, so they could just extend Potter a little further and turn the rest of the land into Lord of the Rings.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually questioning it too, but after seeing the area the way it was Sunday, it could be true. There was hardly anyone in the area. Everywhere else had from half an hour to hour waits. The Poseidon's Fury attraction had a 5 minute wait...but that could just be the popularity of the ride.