TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

Well, guys, It's official... They're sticking VR on Master Thai, their Mobius Loop dueling coaster.

If only Gardaland and Rainbow MagicLand hadn't beat them to it already I'd only be half as disappointed as I currently am.

Not another one When is this VR thing finally coming to an end?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not soon enough. . . I'm so over this VR gimmick. Sure, it was neat at first. . . But then everyone started putting it on everything, and ruining perfectly good coasters. . . The VR really doesn't make the coaster that much better. And it really kills operations.

Honestly, though, I think they did it because they were desperate. Master Thai is a very neglected coaster by the public, and giving it VR would probably give it some attention. At least they're not putting it on a MAJOR coaster like Katun, 'cause if not, I would've lost all faith in them completely.

I thought it was pretty decent without VR, but nothing to scream about (pun intended).

Not soon enough. . . I'm so over this VR gimmick. Sure, it was neat at first. . . But then everyone started putting it on everything, and ruining perfectly good coasters. . . The VR really doesn't make the coaster that much better. And it really kills operations.

I've felt the best and worst of VR, and it's honestly hard to believe its only been since like February since this was announced and became widespread because of SIX. I honestly dislike it, a lot.

I tried it first for Shockwave at SFOT and really loved it... Because it's a really good coaster in general, I'm really disappointed I only got to ride it once as I SFOG's almost as much as Goliath. I would've had just as much fun riding it without VR and as a regular coaster.

But dear God, it's a burning pile of trash on Ninja, which to be honest I like a bit but it's awful with VR. Don't throw VR on anything that could be rough as you have no f***ing idea where you're going and the head banging was insane.

VR is horrible but I think it would of worked better on Rexplorer to be honest. Master Thai looks like a rough ride anyway.

It can't be that rough, I mean it is like 3 years old. Honestly if a ride is that new and VR is added there is clearly something wrong!

Master thai is the best choice to put vr, considering that the other coasters in the park are iSpeed, Katun, Pakal and Rexplorer.

I don't think that it can be considered rough, but some transictions are such violent so it is a lil unconfortable. Anyway, i'm so tired of Vr's, now every park in Italy is installing one. They are full of ideas

One thing that I find really interesting is how they'll manage operations. We've seen TERRIBLE operations from SF parks and all, but since this thing has two stations, how is that gonna work? Are they gonna use one station for VR and the other for normal riders?

Also something cool I'd love to see would be how they do it when they incorporate that part when the ride crawls through the station to go for the second run. Are they gonna have some sort of cutscene? 'Cause that'd be pretty unique IMO.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys!

I will be travelling to Gardaland and Mirabilandia on the first week of May. Any tips on rides, shows, food or anything would be greatly appreciated! In Mirabilandia I'm most looking forward to riding iSpeed and Katun (what a surprise!). Hopefully I finally get to cross them from my bucket list.

I hope the crowds won't be that bad because it's not yet high season. I will be travelling by train/public transport and staying most likely in the park's own hotels (I loved Heide's Abenteuerhotel!).

• 1 month later...
Hey ragazzi!

Sarò in viaggio a Gardaland e Mirabilandia la prima settimana di maggio. Qualche consiglio? [/ quote]

Sì, va anche a Movieland Park. E 'vicino a Gardaland.C'è navetta gratuito dalla stazione ferroviaria di Peschiera

26 euros for a park, When in 2 hours I turn the park 3 times. Do not go

Movieland and the whole of Canevaworld are actually worth visiting! Don't let negativity put you off, it's a little unsung gem of a resort, a bit "homemade" in places but they gave birth to some pretty sensational rides, Magma and Kitt on the first place without mentioning the mad crazy slides at the waterpark... You'll love it!

• 3 weeks later...

I am planning to visit Mirabilandia in the first week of September, combined with Gardaland. Does anybody know how crowds usually are in September for this park? Also, do you think one day will be enough to cover most of the rides, including rerides on Katun and iSpeed? I am planning to stay two days in Gardaland, and one in Mirabilandia.