Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

new for 2016

Far West Valley

The park's Far West area will be expanded by including and re-theming some rides, and the addition of a couple new rides:

- Zamperla Disk'o Coaster

- kiddie drop towers

- some kind of kiddie flat ride

Far-West-Valley-Logo-small.png.61887f09163e7a096c73245137a5b0b5.png

3_1.jpg.ed62b143b1844045eb97c5b3a5f32bdd.jpg

source: Mirabilandia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another re-theme for the always poorly named S&S Towers. Whatever the name ends up being don't go near something similar in real life!!!!

For those of you unaware, the towers were first named the Twin Towers, then renamed to Space Shuttle Columbia...

Another re-theme for the always poorly named S&S Towers. Whatever the name ends up being don't go near something similar in real life!!!!

For those of you unaware, the towers were first named the Twin Towers, then renamed to Space Shuttle Columbia...

Good lord! Why should they stop there, though? Why not "Columbine: 4-D: The Interactive Experience: The Ride" or "Vietnam Flashbacks" and it's a Vekoma Boomerang.

They ended up renaming them to "Rio Negro Towers" apparently.

Regardless, I'll always call them the Twin Towers.

• 1 month later...

Well, this post has been quiet for a while.

Apparently there're a few updates, the park is holding a Spanish Festival from the 23rd to the 25th of April!

They're gonna theme their show square (Where McDonald's is) to a Latino theme, and they're gonna serve paellas and all these things. Also, The Far West Valley ad is out!

Spanish Festival interview (Italian):

And the ad for far west valley (watch til very end, since it only mentions it briefly):

• 1 month later...

Hello, I decided here was probably the best place to post this really instead of Ask Alvey because as far as the park pages/searches go Robb and Elisia haven't been there since 2012.

I am planning on visiting Mirabilandia during the summer school holidays. This post is mainly aimed at people who have been there since 2013 (I believe) or know a lot about the park.

1. How busy does the park get during the school holidays? Is it like 1 hour+ queues on everything or like 30 on main rides and coasters?

2. Are there single rider lines on any of the major coasters or other rides? I can see why Divertical and iSpeed wouldn't but does Katun have it or for example the giant flume as they are four across seating?

3. What is up with the new fastpass system at the park? I saw the rave reviews about the vPass qbot thing, is the new fastpass a straight to the front deal like the vPass or do you join at a merge point in the main queue?

4. Is there any other tips I should know and do they do early openings/late closings if its busy? Any general ride order aswell?

Thanks in advance, Theo.

Hello, I decided here was probably the best place to post this really instead of Ask Alvey because as far as the park pages/searches go Robb and Elisia haven't been there since 2012.

I am planning on visiting Mirabilandia during the summer school holidays. This post is mainly aimed at people who have been there since 2013 (I believe) or know a lot about the park.

1. How busy does the park get during the school holidays? Is it like 1 hour+ queues on everything or like 30 on main rides and coasters?

2. Are there single rider lines on any of the major coasters or other rides? I can see why Divertical and iSpeed wouldn't but does Katun have it or for example the giant flume as they are four across seating?

3. What is up with the new fastpass system at the park? I saw the rave reviews about the vPass qbot thing, is the new fastpass a straight to the front deal like the vPass or do you join at a merge point in the main queue?

4. Is there any other tips I should know and do they do early openings/late closings if its busy? Any general ride order aswell?

Thanks in advance, Theo.

Hi, Theo!

Last time I've been to the park was in 2014, but things haven't changed much since then except the new Far West Valley themed area. I'll still try and answer as best as I can.

1. Park usually does get pretty busy depending on which month you go on. I went for two days in August and the queues did take quite a bit. Katun tends to have queues around 40 mins or less, so that's an exception, but for iSpeed it used to take over an hour since it can't run more than two trains and has only 12 seats a train. I have no clue about Divertical, since last time I rode it was during opening year in 2012, and in 2014 it was closed due to an accident it had since it stalled after the MCBR didn't slow it down all the way after an emergency stop. The Twin Towers (S&S drop towers) took about an hour each, this year probably more due to the new retheming, and Niagara (the shoot-the-chute) takes about half an hour to 45 minutes. The Ferris Wheel, I have no idea either, since I haven't ridden that thing in ages, but if you're into astounding views of the park and the surrounding countryside and distant beach, feel free to go.

2. There are no single rider lines, although for iSpeed and Katun they do call out for single riders in the line, which has saved me plenty of time, sometimes.

3. In retrospects, I am in love with this new flash pass system. A gold flashpass (lets you go on shorter lines as much as you want on available rides) costs as much as another entrance ticket (35 euros), but it's well worth it since you get to wait for less than half of the main wait time.

4. As long as you have the flashpass, you should be fine, but just in case you don't, as soon as you enter the park (assuming you get in as soon as it opens), head straight for iSpeed, since it's got the longest lines, then feel free to do whatever.

Hope this helps,

Leo.

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to say i had an AWESOME visit to this park! Visited on 09-10 when the forecast was rain but there never was any!

This meant a total dead park with all rides running! Got a dozen rides on Katun and iSpeed and loved the rides! Katun is very intense @ the last part of the ride through the corkscrews.

The park itself is very nice, clean and friendly staff. Katun is very good although i liked Montu and Afterburn better. iSpeed is all kinds of awesome though!

Very much worth the 2 hour drive to get here, only downside of bad weather was that DiVertical was closed....

^Possibly. Ithink that in the future though, they should retheme that area as an expansion to the entrance "pirate area" with a pathway running down the lake which links the two areas together, in such a way that the front and the back of the park areas follow the same theming.

• 1 month later...

Well, guys, It's official... They're sticking VR on Master Thai, their Mobius Loop dueling coaster.

If only Gardaland and Rainbow MagicLand hadn't beat them to it already I'd only be half as disappointed as I currently am.

(Source: Mirabilandia Live FB page)

VR.JPG.ade338494ff0b873e2fa3702969ff81a.JPG

Oh God, Why?