TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

Finding it really hard to like this ride at all. Really don't like the layout :/

Would've been better as just a super flume like Pilgrims Plungs IMO instead of being a huge new coaster which looks like it'll be a bit disappointing. It'll still be fun, but I doubt it'll come anywhere near the standards set by iSpeed and Katun.

Just my opinion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess since I'm nowhere near the park, it's pretty easy for me to accept it as just another credit at the least. It would be nice to be able to enjoy poring over details of something more exciting, but I have other coaster projects to fill that need for me this off-season. On the plus side, it's lookin' kinda sexy in these latest pictures...

I love the looks of this ride, yeah it doesn't come off as this extreme airtime machine but I never thought it would be. It looks like it's going to be imo a high thrill family water coaster, so I don't see the issue. It provides a huge drop, bunnyhop that looks like it will provide some airtime, some swoops and turns and another hop that may provide some more airtime. Does a mack water coaster top or even come close to iSpeed or Katun I don't think so, that still doesn't mean it isn't a fun ride which I believe this one will be too and I can't wait till I get a chance to ride it along with iSpeed and Katun

While iSpeed & Katun are dominant over this, I expect it to be a really good coaster. The second part is more like a Mack Water coaster. So, it's not going to be a top 10 in the Mitch Hawker Poll like iSpeed & Katun, though it will be a really good solid ride.

I doubt it'll come anywhere near the standards set by iSpeed and Katun.

Just my opinion

To be honest its not fair to compare this to ispeed or katun, compare it to other water rides like tidal wave at thorpe or journey to alantis in orlandoor any shoot the chutes , yeah its not going to be as fun as the other rides in the park but there could of be alot less coaster going on with this one.

I doubt it'll come anywhere near the standards set by iSpeed and Katun.

Just my opinion

To be honest its not fair to compare this to ispeed or katun, compare it to other water rides like tidal wave at thorpe or journey to alantis in orlandoor any shoot the chutes , yeah its not going to be as fun as the other rides in the park but there could of be alot less coaster going on with this one.

True, but DiVertical is marketed more as a coaster, not so much as a water ride. So basically you're expecting a coaster with a splashdown, instead of a flume ride with a coaster section. As a coaster, it looks very mediocre. As a water ride, it looks really great. I think its the fact its the tallest coaster in the park, yet its really a family ride that lets me down.

If that made no sense its because I just woke up and really have no idea what Im saying

The general disppointment is probably coming from the late overhyped annoucement... I would ride it because I liked the Mack versions (one features a very surprising airtime drop into a tunnel, curving steeper further down the drop, funny to look at since lots of riders with hands up suddenly hold on tight lol) So, one for the list but I wouldn't say Pilgrim is better, just because of the length od this one. but it's true: the park managers really overhyped it with the "world record breaking coaster" announcement... even when the official name came out with (di)VERTICAL I'm sure peeps expected more. Me included !

Where did the name Divertical come from, I understand Dive, but where does Vertical come from?

Divertical is the blending of two words Dive and Vertical.

The "ve" are repeated in both words. Vertical conveys moving along an up and down plane. The coaster goes up the lift and then it goes down the hill.

It's not a difficult concept.

Where did the name Divertical come from, I understand Dive, but where does Vertical come from?

Divertical is the blending of two words Dive and Vertical.

The "ve" are repeated in both words. Vertical conveys moving along an up and down plane. The coaster goes up the lift and then it goes down the hill.

It's not a difficult concept.

Yeah, but its strange for a park to think up a name based on its lift

When I first heard the name, I automatically thought of a vertical drop and was expecting a B&M Dive machine. Though maybe translated into italian DiVertical means something. Like cake.

• 4 weeks later...

http://blog.mirabilandia.it/2012/03/06/688/

Here are new pictures of Divertical, seen from a perspective as yet unpublished. Every day that passes, we are increasingly convinced that the new 2012 will delight visitors of Mirabilandia. And these new photos can make you a first idea of ​​what to expect.

http://blog.mirabilandia.it/2012/03/07/dallalto-di-divertical-seconda-parte/

Still many beautiful photos that will help you discover His Highness Divertical, the highest of the World Water Coaster.

We welcome your comments!

http://blog.mirabilandia.it/2012/03/26/divertical-26-marzo/

We work tirelessly to our beloved Divertical.

The route is now complete and everything goes as planned. Soon it's time to discover the designs of the vessels selected from the 3000 projects received!

COVERok.jpg.0bf1dd96519d4d188be9a6640fa9ac1c.jpg

Divertical_280212-1.thumb.jpg.70838e760803688afe0ce8e1ec6a3a95.jpg

Divertical_280212-2.thumb.jpg.b63e8d6c6dc3da8fe0413eaed335df33.jpg

Divertical_280212-4.thumb.jpg.79bb158c20780cfabe5faf22b42d931a.jpg

Divertical_280212-6.thumb.jpg.402c2348865f6b47efc83da4d52e8b96.jpg

cover3.jpg.b2b2676f6b31b59e49f2ffefd32559c4.jpg

Divertical_280212-8.thumb.jpg.9dcf38a443853d718c63f8c3684996b4.jpg

Divertical_280212-9.thumb.jpg.446d4fde1367e6bbca0d7d03ad7cc776.jpg

Divertical_280212-10.thumb.jpg.a948ae074cddebc925cbba815e77eb79.jpg

Divertical_280212-14.thumb.jpg.df9b4306e691dae18697cff42612a230.jpg

principale-26-marzo-divertical.jpg.6b09473f4d019a050696c71fe4d64e2f.jpg

26-marzo-01.thumb.jpg.7168ead75dd41cb41ef252971714c883.jpg