TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think out of all the 2012 projects, this has to be one of, if not the most intriguing project for me. It might be the mysterious (and almost ridiculous at times) information that the park has released about this ride, but I find myself checking the progress of it each day. Really interested to see the coaster sections starting to go up and what the final product will look like!

Totally. Also, I like bow-legged women, so this shot in particular was a pleasure to look at.

You know, RoCo...when I read THAT comment I have to admit that your avatar was choosen perfectly

Thank you, sir.

I think out of all the 2012 projects, this has to be one of, if not the most intriguing project for me. It might be the mysterious (and almost ridiculous at times) information that the park has released about this ride, but I find myself checking the progress of it each day. Really interested to see the coaster sections starting to go up and what the final product will look like!

Agreed. This one has snuck up on me as "one to watch" for next year. Cost-effectiveness aside, I'd love to see this lift system used in a dark ride/coaster, too.

Totally. Also, I like bow-legged women, so this shot in particular was a pleasure to look at.

You know, RoCo...when I read THAT comment I have to admit that your avatar was choosen perfectly

Thank you, sir.

Agreed. This one has snuck up on me as "one to watch" for next year. Cost-effectiveness aside, I'd love to see this lift system used in a dark ride/coaster, too.

Sea World San Diego's Journey to Atlantis uses a similar elevator system indoors with projectors...

Am I the only one who's really disappointed in the coaster choice? Water coasters do nothing for me, I just think of them as extended flume rides. IMO a hyper coaster would be a much smarter investment, but I am inTerested to see how this thing turns out.

No it would really not be.

This parks need a big family thrill ride, and that's what they are getting.

I'm also positive that the worlds biggest water coaster will bring more guests than Italy's biggest coaster.

Sea World San Diego's Journey to Atlantis uses a similar elevator system indoors with projectors...

*Slaps forehead hard*

Of course... I've only ridden SD's JoA once, and I'd totally forgotten about it. Yeah, the elevator lift is the best part of that ride!

Remember, folks, even if you don't like water rides, and/or even if it's not open in time for the TPR Italy tour, Mirabilandia is an amazing park. And it's the only park in the world with TWO top 10 coasters. So, if Divertical is open and you like that kind of coaster/ride, then it's an extra bonus. Even if Divertical isn't be the reason to go to Mirabilandia, Katun and iSpeed are!

Am I the only one who's really disappointed in the coaster choice? Water coasters do nothing for me, I just think of them as extended flume rides. IMO a hyper coaster would be a much smarter investment, but I am inTerested to see how this thing turns out.

No it would really not be.

This parks need a big family thrill ride, and that's what they are getting.

I'm also positive that the worlds biggest water coaster will bring more guests than Italy's biggest coaster.

Okay Ill admit a hypercoaster would make the majority of rides too intense, however this water coaster is still very tall and fairly fast, so Im not entirely sure it'd be classified as a family ride.

Zach mentioned all the reasons why this ride concept didn't really work as a giant shoot the chute like Pilgrim's Plunge. You couldn't get a super splash or tidal wave, as originally planned, without causing some intense stopping forces on riders. Changing this to a ride that skims (hurtles) over the water as a water coaster makes so much sense. You'll forget the need for any giant tidal wave splashes and it'll probably be so much better

Love the pictures BTW! This is really exciting to follow given that we still have no idea what it's going to look like when done.

if you look on the last piece of track it, it looks like this will be some other style track... it looks a little bit like the track from mack water coasters...this will give this ride a good chance to get a exciting coaster part with curves, because the middle rail, in my opinion, wouldn`t be strong enough to hold the boats/trains in curves on the track... really lokking forward on how this will end up

This was my favorite project for 2012 long before the coaster went vertical.

I just love the concept of a 55m tall water coaster with the Pilgrims style lift, and now that it is vertical I'm even more excited.

As for the height limit, I'm really hoping for no more than 46", but I guess 48" would be more likely.

To me, this splash section looks very similar to the B&M splashdown areas on their Dive Machines or Diamondback. I wonder if B&M has any sort of patent for their splash sytem? In this case, such a splash would make a lot of sense as it creates a big wave without braking the boat too much.

There's a press release (in Italian) posted here:

http://www.ravennatoday.it/cronaca/mirabilandia-divertical-2012-water-coaster.html

Here is a VERY ROUGH Google Translation:

Wonderland completes his three aces in the thrill of the 2012 season, which opens Friday, April 6, with DIVERTICAL. After Katun and iSpeed, the park is preparing to host the highest water coaster in the world, 55 meters in height and a top speed of less than 106 km per hour through a path full of curves that ends with a dizzying plunge. And a faithful theming tied to the world of Off Shore, which will give the unique excitement of Formula One to drive the sea.

DIVERTICAL will be the highest water coaster in the world, along with Katun and iSpeed ​​will form a trio of absolute standards of European and world entertainment. Pending the official opening is on its game site web 2.0 communication campaign, which will reveal gradually after hint hint, the surprising features of the big news that the park will open in 2012. The information, eagerly awaited by the people of the web, will be disclosed in a series of events titled "D-DAY": true happenings in Wonderland which will unveil its web channels on the incredible features of an attraction that will change substantially the character of the Park.

"It 'still too early to reveal all the secrets of DIVERTICAL - says Richard Head, CEO of Wonderland - but confirm that what the water will be opening in 2012 the world's tallest coaster, absolutely unique, and that will change the very concept of water coaster. Intamin and Wonderland (the world's leading manufacturers of roller coaster) believe a lot in this new type of coaster, which will ensure the right mix of fun and adrenaline, thus satisfying both families and thrill-seekers the most demanding. A winning formula in Wonderland style. "

Wonderland, here's the new 2012: 'the water coaster' world's tallest

„"With the opening of DIVERTICAL - explains Pietro Lanciotti, commercial director of Wonderland - continue on a path of excellence, ie inaugurate unique attractions, with at least one international record and are able to give emotions never felt before. With Katun we made the largest inverted roller coaster in Europe, with reset we have changed forever the history of interactive attractions, while thanks to Max Adventures Thai Master was introduced in Italy the concept of dueling coaster. Not to mention iSpeed, a jewel of technology that the world envies. Now, with Divertical, we want to continue this tradition. "

And on the web are going crazy discussions, analysis, hypothesis and conjecture. Thousands of pages dedicated to Divertical in blogs and forums, hundreds of Facebook posts, waiting for a new piece of evidence that confirms or denies the rumors. “