TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just translated it, and it says that they have no idea what coaster type the ride will be. They just know it's from S&S and that it will cost 20 million euros. So it can be anything else (though the 4D coaster seems most possible).

Translation (according to Google Translate):

We can provide you with the very first rumors about the new 2012 in Wonderland, and as always we will keep you updated as much as possible.

According to some unconfirmed news of the Ravenna Park Roller Coaster would be a S & S that would result in an investment of around 20 million euros.

The photo above is an example that we publish the roller coaster built by S & S. This is a 4th dimension coaster (four dimensions). Obviously we have not a clue about the type of roller coaster in question, then the image is considered "Directory".

I've never been on a S&S 4d coaster so I have no idea if this is good or bad but as long as it's a new coaster I'm happy!!!

I've ridden X2 at SFMM, and I really loved it! So to me, this is good to see more 4D coasters go up in the world (even though like I said last post, it could be something else from S&S).

So yeah, count me on the side of supporting this coaster being a 4D coaster!

:lmao: Hope it's not a S&S launch coaster!! Remember ring°racer??

But Powder Keg is a launched ride and has received great reviews. Those huge new S&S launchers that Happy Valley installed recently look amazing. It could be one of those.

How far is Gardaland from Mirabilandia? A 4D would one up Raptor.

A S&S 4-D would compete with Gardaland's non-flipping B&M 4-D, and could easily take the title of tallest 4D and most inversions, and I can't really see the park wanting to go with another launched coaster like Powder Keg when they just got a launched a few seasons ago (unless they're going with the Kings Dominion approach). I'm also in the group who would have preferred to see something else installed like a Plug and Play or some sort of hyper, but this will just draw the crowds away from Katun and iSpeed, and that would make me happy.

I don't see how it would be odd to have more than one launched coaster in a park as long as it offers something a bit different in the ride experience. It hasn't stopped the U.S. parks from having multiple launced coasters in their lineup. Heck, CP built three in a row from the same manufacturer.

I don't see how it would be odd to have more than one launched coaster in a park as long as it offers something a bit different in the ride experience. It hasn't stopped the U.S. parks from having multiple launced coasters in their lineup. Heck, CP built three in a row from the same manufacturer.

Agreed - BUT...all of the parks who have multiple launched coasters also have several other major coasters. Miribilandia really only has two major coasters - Katun & iSpeed. And when you have one of the best launched coasters in the world in your park, there isn't much reason to build another one...at least not as the "next" major coaster you build.

A S&S 4-D would compete with Gardaland's non-flipping B&M 4-D

And this is exactly why I could see Miribilandia wanting one. "Well, the park a couple of hours down the road opened up this coaster where the seats are on the outside...well, WE are going to open one where the seats are on the outside...and SPIN!"

I can totally see them building this as a "We're gonna 1-up your ass" game.

Edited by robbalvey

"Well, the park a couple of hours down the road opened up this coaster where the seats are on the outside...well, WE are going to open one where the seats are on the outside...and SPIN!"

I can totally see them building this as a "We're gonna 1-up your A$$" game.

Sneaky Italians.

Despite the lack of "major" coasters does this park get decently crowded?

YES! Been there a couple of times now, and Q-Bot really saved us during our last visit. I've seen hour+ waits for the major coasters, and even some of the smaller rides like the mouse, dark rides, log flume, etc....

^Yes. Our group absolutely would not have completed everything in the park without that Q-Bot. In addition to getting in all the major rides, we also got several additional rides on iSpeed. But it was close. We wanted to go back to Katun, but ran out of time.

• 2 weeks later...
TPR Italy Trip 2012, anyone?

Please! I can't wait for TPR's next Europe trip, especially if it's in Italy!

Mirabalandia has some great coasters already, but perhaps one more big coaster would seal its place as Italy's most exciting theme park! I have yet to visit it, but the ride collection seems good enough to surpass Gardaland and Rainbow Magicland. Considering that they already have iSpeed, and that it'll be tall but not Ka, I'd think somewhere along the lines of B&M Hyper or Intamin Giga. But who knows, as mentioned above, it could just be an S&S 4D to 1-Up Gardaland.

Do we know if they'll allow you to ride both sides without getting off? I know the one at Dennlys does, but with Mirabilandia being a much more major park, they could chose not to for capacity reasons. The theming and station looks pretty nice, I do hope they'll put some grass or astro-turf down to cover the steel frame work though.

• 2 weeks later...

YES! Been there a couple of times now, and Q-Bot really saved us during our last visit. I've seen hour+ waits for the major coasters, and even some of the smaller rides like the mouse, dark rides, log flume, etc....

I think it depends on when you go.

I went on Monday, July 25, exepcting it to be busy, and it wasn't at all. The lines for both iSpeed and Katun were under 30 minutes (and closer to 15 minutes for large parts of the day) until I left the park at around 5PM. The mouse queue was probably just over 30 minutes due to the low capacity. The S&S towers were maybe 10-15 minutes tops. And the shooting dark ride was literally walk-on. The new upcharge haunted walkthrough was only open for specific time frames starting at 3 PM, which led to somewhat long lines, but nothing too bad.

I would have been able to get everything I wanted in, but still went with the Q-Bot because of my limited time there. Even if I'd had the whole day there, it would have been totally worth it, since it gave me basically walk-on rides on most everything. I was literally getting on every third iSpeed train!

I ran into a group from TPR (mostly lurkers, though they were friends with Matteo), who didn't get Q-Bots and seemed to be having fun.

Two years ago, I went with the ECC on basically the Tuesday before this visit, and the park was much more busy. The lines, especially for the then new iSPeed were much longer, hitting over an hour for iSpeed. Katun was probably 30-45 minutes. (Again, I used a Q-Bot, so I'm not sure.)

One other thing. Don't consider the park to not have any major coasters.

It may not have MANY major coasters, but it's currently the only park in the world with two top 10 steel coasters on Mitch's poll. In fact, it's the only park to have two top 10 coasters on both polls combined. That should make the park a major coaster destination.

And while I wouldn't quite put iSpeed in my top 10, it's in my top 20. And Katun definitely deserves its top 10 status, IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally Mirabilandia said he wanted to build a new rollercoaster, 2012 as a novelty, has announced that it will be the highest in its class, will be very fast, but most will have special features like the fact that you have as an element water, which will make the race even most unique and excitingbe presumed to be a dive machine.

In these days the park is asking us to help, choosing a poll by the name of this new new 2012 rollercoaster, here is the list of names to choose from:

1) Divertical

2) Kingdrop

3) iDive

4) The Edge

5) Vertigine

6) Apocalisse

sorry for my English

Rollercoaster News

http://www.rollercoasterrevolution.eu/ultime-notizie/693-nuovo-rollercoaster-a-mirabilandia-per-il-2012.html