TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Donate To Red Cross Through iTunes

Jose Eber

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are tons of places that will take the donations, like Amazon, itunes, etc... but to make sure your money goes DIRECTLY to the red cross, go to http://www.redcross.org. It makes the funds available IMMEDIATELY, because they need it NOW. These companies are collectiong money for PR purposes, and I think it's REALLY tacky. "OH look, we're such a good company, we raised millions...", and yet, they hold the money until they look impressive.

There are tons of places that will take the donations, like Amazon, itunes, etc... but to make sure your money goes DIRECTLY to the red cross, go to http://www.redcross.org. It makes the funds available IMMEDIATELY, because they need it NOW. These companies are collectiong money for PR purposes, and I think it's REALLY tacky. "OH look, we're such a good company, we raised millions...", and yet, they hold the money until they look impressive.

That's a huge assumption that all companies are doing it for the wrong motivation. How rude.

And you have no idea whether and how long the money is held!

Apple is as granola as it comes for a large electronics company...trust me, these sorts of actions are in their blood. They did the same thing (actually bigger) for us with Charlie.

I think its really tacky judging others motives as being all bad or dishonest.

That's a huge assumption that all companies are doing it for the wrong motivation. How rude.

And you have no idea whether and how long the money is held!

Apple is as granola as it comes for a large electronics company...trust me, these sorts of actions are in their blood. They did the same thing (actually bigger) for us with Charlie.

I think its really tacky judging others motives as being all bad or dishonest.

I've done work for corporate legal consulting, It's not an assumption, it's a fact. You always see those big companies make big to-do's with that oversized check "We'd like to give you millions that we raised with this big check, don't forget to take our picture with our corporate logo embossed on the check...". They do it all the time, it's PR stunting. If they really cared, they'd have a direct link to red cross, and make no mentions of how much they raised, now wouldn't they? Heck, the Apple donation site just forwards me to download their crappy software! WTF?

It's not about being dishonest, the money does go to the red cross. It's about being tacky, taking a tragedy, and making use of it to get out it's corporate identity. Heck, Amazon's donation site is just a brag-site!

No matter what you think, ALL corporations (including Apple) answer to the shareholders, and nothing is done that doesn't effect the bottom line. It's sad, yes, but it's something that American culture accepts. The only reason ALL large companies do charity work for, is the PR.

If it's in Apple's blood, let their employees (including Mr. Jobs) give their own money in a big check, and point the rest of us to the official donation site where is can be expidited almost instantly to get the help out that is needed NOW, not tomorrow. http://redcross.org

Sure, Apple may have helped you in a time of need, and sure, they may care, but it's still PR. They made sure you knew it was them.