TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Taumler- A Tribute to the best flatride there is

Long story short, every Spring when there is Wäldchestag in Frankfurt/Germany I get about 10 Friends from L.A. to come with me to experience this crazyness(Oktoberfest is nothing compared to this). I tried to post a "tripreport" but my pics are to big, so if someone can message me and explain how to resize pictures for TPR, I would appriciate it!

ANYHOW,

TAUMLER is probably the best Flatride there is. You can just hang around the ride and watch people be silly/drunk/act stupid all night long (like the Robb Oktoberfest Video with the slide), but somehow there are no cool videos of the ride on you tube, so I made one which is not that great either, but somewhat funny (after the 1 min mark).

Here you see a half full Taumler

Reason for this post is that if you can find some other(hopefully crazier) Taumler Videos in the depth of the "Internet" , post it here as it is a ride you will never see in the U.S.

Edit, as I never really open a Topic on TPR(plus I am kinda Tipsy), I might aswell add the best Flatride ever to this topic

Edited by alexinla

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I've seen the aqua ball things in quite a few places in the U.S. The balls didn't look as cool, but we still have them.

Ok, I stay corrected on the Aquaballs(which are quite cool) , so let's stick to the Taumler Topic

I have two more days of the fair, but I can not just stand in front of the "Taumler" the entire time to make funny videos, my friends would kill me(well, no, but you know what I mean)

^I've seen the aqua ball things in quite a few places in the U.S. The balls didn't look as cool' date=' but we still have them.[/quote']

Ok, I stay corrected on the Aquaballs(which are quite cool) , so let's stick to the Taumler Topic

If you want to talk about Taumler exclusively why did you yourself bring up a second ride in your original post?

Edited by larrygator

^I've seen the aqua ball things in quite a few places in the U.S. The balls didn't look as cool' date=' but we still have them.[/quote']

If you want to talk about Taumler exclusively why did you yourself bring up a second ride in your original post?

Dang, Tom Sellec...

No reason really, it is 4.30am out here and we can gladly expand this topic to Flatrides we never see in the U.S....

I thought I remembered seeing a Taumler video, where the point was for everyone to get into the middle, then the ride would bounce violently. Maybe I'm mixing this with one of those spinning "fun house" things from the UK trip videos. Either way, looks interesting and fun.

The ride is a tagada. Fairly common around the world.

A TPR takeover of one was part of the Korea trip!

The second ride you posted a video of is a "Top Star Tour" from Soriani & Moser (now a Zamperla ride). N.A.M.E has one they bought from Conklin shows that still travels around North America.

"Holy Roller, Batman, that is one insane-looking ride!"

Seeing those two flat rides - The TAUMLER and the TRANSFORMER - in action, I think I nearly wet my pants just by looking at the video. Well, the Taumler would seem to be a tamer ride than the Transformer, but on the Taumler I didn't see any restraints on the ride, just a bunch of riders sitting in their seats and freely moving around. But seeing the Transformer going up and over and upside down . . . I've don't think I ever saw that before, not even in my wildest dreams.

Perhaps those two rides should be the latest ride craze to hit the amusement parks since log flumes and ferris wheels.

"Perhaps I should be the latest craze: I'll call it "Hit the Sack".

To be honest...I have absolutely no Idea why this is allowed even here...

As you all know (I guess) Germany is famous for having huge funfairs with many "Hardcore" Rides...but most of them are extremely safe.

But you can seriously hurt yourself on a tagada...so why is this still in Operation without safety belts (or somesthing else fixing the people) ???

I REALLY have no Idea...

To be honest...I have absolutely no Idea why this is allowed even here...

As you all know (I guess) Germany is famous for having huge funfairs with many "Hardcore" Rides...but most of them are extremely safe.

But you can seriously hurt yourself on a tagada...so why is this still in Operation without safety belts (or somesthing else fixing the people) ???

I REALLY have no Idea...

It might have something to do with that these rides have been around for a good 30 years with no serious injuries

Transformer looks EPIC!

It is truely EPIC considering it will take them only 6 hours to take the ride down and have it up and running a day or two later at another fair. Just crazy!

We might expand the topic to crazy rides you will never see in the U.S.

Rocket is certainly one of those (as seen here at the Oktoberfest)

Offride:

Onride(with some cool views of the Oktoberfest)

I almost get on any ride, THIS is one I would never do, no matter how drunk I am