TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I'm going for their Gay Days this weekend. Heard on OutQ radio that this event is in the top ten gay and lesbian "End of Summer" events. Q-bots are sold out online, so we will have to get to the park early to get ours. TPR has spoiled me to the point that there is NO WAY I will be able to handle waiting in lines on a crowded Saturday. Looking forward to the event though.

I wonder....Chick Fil A was the food choice a couple of months ago... perhaps that might have changed

For the people saying there isn't a lot of room to expand at SFoG, I think you'd be suprised at the locations they could build a new ride.

I heard somewhere that they have around 55 acres of land they could expand on but I have no clue if this is true. I was thinking it would be cool if they had speakers on the seats or at the top to play music (do any star flyers have this).

That's another thing - has the Arrow train done anything to improve Ninja's ride quality? It seems like it's a "pick your poison" coaster now...

I wonder if the next-generation Vekoma trains would improve the experience.

That's another thing - has the Arrow train done anything to improve Ninja's ride quality? It seems like it's a "pick your poison" coaster now...

More like pick which hammer you'd like to use to beat your brains out.

I haven't ever ridden one, but it doesn't seem like its too different of a restraint than your average chair swing. I don't think there is anything necessarily unsafe about them, but I do think if someone was an idiot or suicidal or something they could easily manage to escape from it.

I haven't ever ridden one, but it doesn't seem like its too different of a restraint than your average chair swing. I don't think there is anything necessarily unsafe about them, but I do think if someone was an idiot or suicidal or something they could easily manage to escape from it.

The only difference I found was in the seatbelt. I don't know if it's the same for all star flyers, but on the SFSTl one the seat belts were locked into the side of the seat, rather than the usual two belts that connect in the middle, and once they were locked you couldn't open it until the ride op opened them. They were also like car seat belts where they can get tighter by themselves, so if you suck in your gut for a moment they'll strap you down tight. You still get the feeling of being barely secured, but I don't think it would be that easy to get out, especially once you start swinging.

^Yeah, I don't know how many or which ones, but I know some (most?) Starflyer restraints do lock.

It isn't that they are unsafe. It is the illusion that you aren't as secure as say a Windseeker.

Exactly.

I did used to wonder about chairswing restraints as it seems it wouldn't take much effort to escape from them. But it's obvious that, for whatever reasons, they're considered perfectly safe.

Okay, I guess I am going to the park on Saturday September 1st (aka Saturday of Labor Day) since I just moved to Mississippi from Texas for college... I know it is going to be horrible day there with the crowds, but it will be my first time at the park! What is recommended for me and my other person that I am bringing to do there when we arrive? Do we get a Flash Pass or what order of rides should we do? Any great places to eat, watch shows, shop? But we are hoping that Hurricane Issac will scare most people...