TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Sorry for my grammar but I just was wondering does Six Flags Over Georgia have a bright future in terms of adding new roller coasters and thrill rides? I see splash water falls still isn’t operating does anyone know what could go their for a future replacement? I’ve heard on other forums that six flags over Georgia does lack water rides. Because of the brutal heat in Georgia do they have space to add a water ride or two?

SFOG still has a log flume, rapids ride and included water park. It's not lacking in water rides at all compared to some parks currently (Carowinds has only the water park, so yeah they could use something in the dry park as an example). Shoot-the-Chute and log flumes are slowly becoming extinct in general at parks all over due to age/maintenance. Outside of Mack PowerSplash, I don't see anything else (water ride) they'd add anytime soon. I think an S&S Freespin will occupy the space of Splashwater Falls in the future.

I think an S&S Freespin will occupy the space of Splashwater Falls in the future.

I sure hope not! Six Flags has been installing Freespins for a while now. Considering that SFOG was one of the ‘original’ parks, I don’t see us getting a Freespin since we haven’t gotten one after all this time. A decent compact launched coaster would not only fit that area, but I’m 100% sure it would get a better appreciation than a Freespin would. Maxx Force was an instant hit so I’m hoping that the Six Flags executives are in contact with Premier Rides to bring something similar to SFOG in the next few years.

I went to SFoG yesterday. It was excellent. No lines anywhere. They never even opened the main parking lot. Other than Blue Hawk being down, everything was running. Walk ons all day. Most food places open with no lines. We had a blast. I can't imagine how dead it is today or next weekend.

I think an S&S Freespin will occupy the space of Splashwater Falls in the future.

I sure hope not! Six Flags has been installing Freespins for a while now. Considering that SFOG was one of the ‘original’ parks, I don’t see us getting a Freespin since we haven’t gotten one after all this time.

Oh don't worry, it's coming . . .

source.gif

Considering that SFOG was one of the ‘original’ parks, I don’t see us getting a Freespin since we haven’t gotten one after all this time.

Right, all of the “original” SF parks always get the best additions. Just ask SFSL.

and SFOT, when they got their FreeSpin in 2018.

Considering that SFOG was one of the ‘original’ parks, I don’t see us getting a Freespin since we haven’t gotten one after all this time.

Right, all of the “original” SF parks always get the best additions. Just ask SFSL.

and SFOT, when they got their FreeSpin in 2018.

2017 lol. But The fact that nearly every SF park got a batman clone makes me believe nearly everyone will get a free spin. I'ts just a matter of time before it makes it's way to SFoG. I'm guessing something to attract more to Metropolis Park.

I've actually had a couple of fantastic visits this month. Went last Sunday and this Sunday - very low crowds and very little frustration. Staff seemed overall very helpful and energetic as well. Was hoping some of the Holiday lights would be turned on last night, but they aren't yet. Also, haven't ridden the Mine Train in the dark in about 35 years (a three year old will change your ride priority list,) and that was a TON of fun.

I’m planning to go to Universal Islands of Adventure, Sea Word Orlando, Fun Spot, and Busch Gardens Tampa in April for a week for my 40th birthday. Mapquest says Six Flags Over Georgia is a 6 hour drive from Orlando. I’m planning to visit the park for the first time is it open in April during the week if I wanted to add a extra day to drive up to Six Flags Over Georgia and are the crowds light during the week? I’m planning to go to Orlando April 11th through the 17th.

I’m planning to go to Universal Islands of Adventure, Sea Word Orlando, Fun Spot, and Busch Gardens Tampa in April for a week for my 40th birthday. Mapquest says Six Flags Over Georgia is a 6 hour drive from Orlando. I’m planning to visit the park for the first time is it open in April during the week if I wanted to add a extra day to drive up to Six Flags Over Georgia and are the crowds light during the week? I’m planning to go to Orlando April 11th through the 17th.

This park is (has been) only open weekends in April except for Spring Break week, which is the first full week in April. During that week, the park is generally crowded as most metro area schools are out for the week.

We enjoyed a visit this past Sunday and were pleasantly surprised by the non existent crowds and decent weather. My friends were on hand as well to help me celebrate my birthday!

With Holiday in the Park beginning next Sunday (The park is closed for a private event Saturday) I found some interesting info regarding HitP 2019:

The new Screampunk District (including Pandemonium) will be OPEN! Additionally, the Sky Buckets will now operate normally on both ends. The Lickskillet area including Blue Hawk and Scream Machine will still be closed off.

There will be a new show in the Crystal Pistol: "Step into Christmas" (No more "Because its Christmas")

It appears the park has doubled the number of S'mores stations, which will serve nicely as warming areas.

Most of the Christmas decorations were installed on this visit. None of the lights were turned on yet.

Looking forward to my visit next Sunday!

20191117_164838.thumb.jpg.89f1b0d6c89c67590cdabf70a85916cf.jpg

Brand new 'snowflakes' for the new "Screampunk Christmas" section!

20191117_164840.thumb.jpg.b52990fcca5e5418cd9fbf18341a82ec.jpg

More Screampunk snowflakes. These are actually really cool!

20191110_151202.thumb.jpg.3a87589e5e56ef542b11656cc273a832.jpg

Updated Holiday in the Park map showing the new Screampunk Christmas area

20191110_151209.thumb.jpg.dce5b8fc721d3bfd3591b5e710ed0bb8.jpg

HitP 2019 show schedule

It always runs for HITP doesn't it?

I don't know. And I might be crazy but I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the website list a couple weeks ago when they started putting HITP info up. (I know websites are 100%...)

And some folks on FB had indicated it might be down.

Pretty sure they started weekends on March 9th this year.

They will def be open weekend March 20th and probably a couple weekends before that. (Band comps start the 20th)

The predicted high temp for Austell this Sunday Nov 24 is 54 degrees. Is that warm enough for the coasters to run? NOTE: I visited SFoG in the past, and it was too cold for Dare Devil Dive to open, but I think most other coasters were running. I can't remember how cold it was, though. Does anyone know the minimum temps for the various coasters to operate (especially Twisted Cyclone). Thanks!

Is this park generally open weekends in Feb or March? I could not get six flags calendar to go past Januarys winterfest

The park usually opens the second weekend of March and is open on Saturday and Sunday only until spring break for the area. Then back to weekends mostly until Memorial Day Weekend. Daily ops after that.

The predicted high temp for Austell this Sunday Nov 24 is 54 degrees. Is that warm enough for the coasters to run? NOTE: I visited SFoG in the past, and it was too cold for Dare Devil Dive to open, but I think most other coasters were running. I can't remember how cold it was, though. Does anyone know the minimum temps for the various coasters to operate (especially Twisted Cyclone). Thanks!

Most coasters generally open once the temp reaches 40. It will depend on the crowds though. I’ve seen them close completely with 45 degree weather but I’ve also been on the coasters when it was 30 degrees out. I think it is 40 to open most of them and then as long as the park is busy they will keep them open. I’ve been on Dare Devil Dive at 1am when it was 29 before. It was a particularly cold fright fest Friday.