TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

As a fellow Texan, what did you think of Goliath? Kinda rules over our two Goliaths wouldn't you say? I absolutely think so. It's my fav in the chain for sure and maybe top 5 ever.

oh, for what it is? I love it (our Goliath at SFFT is just a Batman Clone.. a good one, but a Batman), and Titan at SFOT has been neutered to the point that it just meanders (to me).

but for a hyper? it's really good.

if I had a choice between Iron Rattler or Golitath at SFOG, I'd go for Iron Rattler.. but within the park? it's the 2nd best coaster (only slightly behind Twisted Cyclone, and slightly ahead of Mindbender & Batman (which SFOG runs INTENSE).

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ what is that Alien Abduction thing over by Goliath?

they were building it during my prior visit to the park (with TPR), and tho it looks like a Haunt, it seemed a bit too permanent? concrete queue line.

i called the # Stenciled on the door, but it didn't seem like a real # anymore . . seemed to go to some company.

so just wondering if this is a usual attraction that just wasn't open?

Alien Abduction is a permanent haunt building which operates during Fright Fest but sits dormant the remainder of the year, similar to the Fearman's Manor building near Dare Devil Dive. From what I heard from a manager, SFoG was granted some capital from corporate last year in response to the crowded conditions during prior Fright Fests so they decided to add capacity with a new haunt building. I have never tried calling that phone# - kind of surprised they used a 'real' number. They could do what SFFT does with their teaser phone number which is a real recorded message.

At any rate, we know what one of the 2019 haunts will be. ZX-1 will be there as well, for what will likely be the last year in Axis Arena.

Hey everyone..Long time watcher. Finally registered and looking forward to joining the discussion. I am planning on going to Six Flags Over Georgia on Sunday Sept 29th. Does anyone have a gauge on how lines might be that day, or just sundays in September in general?

Dombot noted just above that this past Sunday was slammed.

(was dead when I was there on Monday, but they were only open due to the holiday on that Monday).

so if you're going, expect to need Flash Pass (and expect to pay over $100 for the platinum version. .it's worth it if the park is busy)

Sunday crowds are typically very light. If you are there before the gates open, you can knock out all the coasters in a couple hours with no lines. Might start getting busy around 1 or 2 but it's also likely to stay dead. Do Twisted Cyclone first. Hit Daredevil. Sit on Goliath for a couple laps since no one will be in line waiting. I usually wait for row 1, then sit on whatever is open when we get back to the station. Knock out Superman, Scream Machine, Blue Hawk. Then get Batman and Mindbender. Kiddie coaster and mine train will round it out. Acrophobia is pretty good.

Do Monster Mansion. Good dark ride.

Sunday crowds are typically very light. If you are there before the gates open, you can knock out all the coasters in a couple hours with no lines. Might start getting busy around 1 or 2 but it's also likely to stay dead. Do Twisted Cyclone first. Hit Daredevil. Sit on Goliath for a couple laps since no one will be in line waiting. I usually wait for row 1, then sit on whatever is open when we get back to the station. Knock out Superman, Scream Machine, Blue Hawk. Then get Batman and Mindbender. Kiddie coaster and mine train will round it out. Acrophobia is pretty good.

Do Monster Mansion. Good dark ride.

Thanks for the information. I haven't been here in a few years and don't want to spend the extra money on flash pass if it isn't needed. With that said, I am looking forward to riding Pandomonium and Twisted Cyclone as I haven't ridden either of those. After riding Lightning Rod at Dollywood this summer I cant wait to try another RMC!

They typically open the park 30 minutes before posted time. They usually have Twisted Cyclone going at that time. YOu can normally get a few in before posted opening time and the rope drop. Then hit Scorcher first on your way to DDD. Both of those can get a line because they are slow dispatches.

Be early and you'll have no problems getting in plenty of rides. I think I've ridden TC 20 times this year. All but one of those were during this early 30 minute period on various visits.

Single rider line works great on Goliath. At the top of the stairs just go all the way to the front and there's a spot to stand. If it's dead, they rarely make you walk around on any of their rides, so just keep riding or move seats if someone is waiting.

Edited by tndank

The train derailed today near the entrance to Log Jamboree. The fake coal car is partially off the tracks (and now covered with a tarp) while the locomotive (possibly the General) is on its side. Due to it being easily viewable from the ride entrance, LJ also closed. Scorcher also went down temporarily, but I believe that it was unrelated as it happened when I first passed by (and there was nobody on the seemingly unharmed passenger cars any more). Goliath provided a clear view of the train, but only from the ride itself (and only on the left seats). It's also possible to look through a gap in the fence next to Goliath Photos, but it's worse than vertical videos.

Before I call and ask tomorrow I'd thought I'd ask here first please. Does anyone know if we can activate our 2020 SFOG season passes over at White Water? If so does this count for the upgrade us to gold, benies, etc?

Thanks!

Goliath, Twisted Cyclone, and Superman don't allow loose articles except drink bottles.

Saturday is a members day event as well. If you are a member you can get in at 8:30 to ride Scorcher, Goliath, and DDD until park opens at 10. I would imagine it will be fairly dead. Mornings there are slow. Protip: They rarely ever make you walk around if there are empty seats. You ride Goliath a bunch early in the day without leaving the station a lot of the time.

invest in cargo shorts with zipper pockets.

you'll never need a fluffy bunny. . I rode everything last monday, without ever needing one. Phone/keys in one zipper pocket, wallet in other.

Before I call and ask tomorrow I'd thought I'd ask here first please. Does anyone know if we can activate our 2020 SFOG season passes over at White Water? If so does this count for the upgrade us to gold, benies, etc?

Thanks!

I’m almost positive you can activate at either park and get all your benefits just fine. I think it says that somewhere in the long season pass purchasing page on their site.

Thanks!

I’m almost positive you can activate at either park and get all your benefits just fine. I think it says that somewhere in the long season pass purchasing page on their site.

I'm going with YES since it says you can when buying.

"Pass card must be picked up at Six Flags Over Georgia or Six Flags White Water..."

Thanks. I called just to make usre and they said it was fine to activate at White Water. In the Season Pass printout it says:

Use by 9/29/19 to receive free Gold and parking. Pass card must be picked up at Six Flags Over Georgia or White Water before visiting other parks.

Then directly below it says:

Gold upgrade will expire if your pass card is not picked up at Six Flags Over Georgia by 9/29/19. No mention of White Water.

I don't know what the deal was but when I went to the park on Sunday (9/8) it was PACKED. Twisted Cyclone was closed all day (or atleast from noon when I arrived till about 4pm when I left). Acrophobia went down as I was in line and it also stayed closed for the rest of the day. As I was leaving, I saw maintenance riding the catch-car up to the top. Considering how hot it was, I believe something up there may have overheated.

The SFRR was still closed as well. Spinsanity was closed with a sign mentioning the two attractions coming to Gotham City next year. The seats were also removed. This confused me since I thought the rides were going in the Axis Arena's area.

We only rode Batman and Goliath before the heat became too much to handle.

There also was alot of confusion when trying to get food. If anyone plans on upgrading or adding perks onto their passes or memberships, make sure you go to the gate afterwards to have your pass scanned before attempting to use any of the add-ons. Especially the dining plans. There were guests constantly holding up the lines because their dining plans weren't activated. If a pass is not scanned at the gate, you can't use the pass in the park. And arguing with the cashier isn't going to make the pass work. I'm surprised that they weren't told to have the pass scanned at the gate while they were getting it processed. When I upgraded my membership, that was one of the first things I was told.

I didn't make it to the back of the park but I'm sure it was crowded back there as well. I knew it was going to be an upsetting day when I saw the queue house for Monster Mansion almost completely full.

I don't know what the deal was but when I went to the park on Sunday (9/8) it was PACKED. Twisted Cyclone was closed all day (or atleast from noon when I arrived till about 4pm when I left). Acrophobia went down as I was in line and it also stayed closed for the rest of the day. As I was leaving, I saw maintenance riding the catch-car up to the top. Considering how hot it was, I believe something up there may have overheated.

The SFRR was still closed as well. Spinsanity was closed with a sign mentioning the two attractions coming to Gotham City next year. The seats were also removed. This confused me since I thought the rides were going in the Axis Arena's area.

We only rode Batman and Goliath before the heat became too much to handle.

There also was alot of confusion when trying to get food. If anyone plans on upgrading or adding perks onto their passes or memberships, make sure you go to the gate afterwards to have your pass scanned before attempting to use any of the add-ons. Especially the dining plans. There were guests constantly holding up the lines because their dining plans weren't activated. If a pass is not scanned at the gate, you can't use the pass in the park. And arguing with the cashier isn't going to make the pass work. I'm surprised that they weren't told to have the pass scanned at the gate while they were getting it processed. When I upgraded my membership, that was one of the first things I was told.

I didn't make it to the back of the park but I'm sure it was crowded back there as well. I knew it was going to be an upsetting day when I saw the queue house for Monster Mansion almost completely full.

Sunday 9/8 (as well as 9/15) is a bring a friend for free day which is why it was packed.

I agree about maintenance lacking this year. I'm still 0-2 for Spinsanity both times while in line. One was for biological and the other was mechanical. I was at White Water last Sunday and it was pretty quite until the church goers started to arrive around 12:30. White Water had a bunch of rides closed until 12:30 which is crap.

One thing I have to give SFOG credit for this year is how much easier it is to get a refill.

Spinsanity was closed with a sign mentioning the two attractions coming to Gotham City next year. The seats were also removed. This confused me since I thought the rides were going in the Axis Arena's area.

they are going there.

the sign notes that the two new rides will be joining the Gotham line up along with the "rebuilt" Spinsanity.

if I had to guess? they are going with the next Gen Tilt-A-Whirl, like the one that SFFT has (also called Spinsanity).. thos things spin a TON.

yeah, it's odd seeing the ride with no cars on it tho, and only the "hoods"

these pics are from 9/2

IMG_8911.thumb.JPG.b0b8f9aa1ad89dc9a1a78c6f32c145e0.JPG

IMG_8910.thumb.JPG.f22ff7fed1fcc56b05d6a0ba5a06dbc3.JPG

What do you guys think this park could feasibly get in the future? I am talking in terms of coasters and not flat rides. I personally would love to see a nice custom coaster maybe from Intamin show up here but it is very unlikely that will happen. Just curious of others opinions.