TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Thanks for the Viper footage! I really loved that ride and like Seddy said above me, I used to be able to marathon it. I also remember it being heavily themed for a Six Flags ride!

Fun Fact: Viper entrance is the Exact path (with out the theming and zig zag path) as the exit for Superman.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn't see the photo or video or whatever of what you are all talking about, but standard operating procedure on Manta at SWO is after the trains go into flying position, all ops on platform are sup

If I can't drive my own car through a big, bright, orange plastic loop at 80 MPH then no sale. 🤣  

Coaster Studios is a little whiny douchebag.

Posted Images

Like that Blue Hawk has two rare elements (reverse sidewinder & butterfly); plus how it got retracked and new trains a couple years ago.

It's a pretty decent ride! Kind of like the "SLC" of regular sit-down coasters. It makes me wonder why it was never cloned like the SLCs were.

Just got back from a weekend in Atlanta/SFOG. I was very impressed with SFOG - it's probably the best SF park I've been to yet and surpassed my expectations all around. It was pretty busy on Saturday with a bunch of bands/schools and a cheer competition, but I was still able to get on everything at least once. On Sunday there was a storm in the morning, so after waiting it out underneath the train station awning for an hour every ride was a walk on for about 5 hours until the next cell came through - it was glorious.

Monster Mansion is indeed a treasure. So refreshing to see something so unique, detailed, and well taken care of at a SF park. This park must have an excellent GM, because everything felt like it was clean, painted, and just generally well taken care of.

I didn't get any photos of pandemonium. There wasn't any vertical construction yet, but it looks like they have all the pieces finally at least. Georgia Scorcher still wasn't open, but it looks like they are just about done and maybe open next weekend?

IMG_20190413_092059344_HDR.thumb.jpg.173183320d69df81a1a3da5bfc618010.jpg

That color scheme really looks good and is especially exceptional with Goliath over it. I was wondering if it would clash with Goliath and I’ glad to see it doesn’t.

Now that’s a good looking entrance!

Scorcher back up and running today. My first time on it. Smooth ride as advertised. Good stuff. Knocked out most of the coasters before heading down to 420Fest for music this afternoon.

Great day to visit for a couple hours. 40-50 degrees, threat of rain made it empty. When we left at 12:40 this still hadn't opened the main parking lot. Even more amazing...2 trains running on Superman.

Scorcher looked great. Now do Goliath, please.

Park was indeed dead earlier today. I got 7 rides on Twisted Cyclone and single rides on BTR, Goliath, and Mindbender in an hour and a half.

Twisted Cyclone was amazing. Compact and relentless. I think elements before a lift hill are nice touches. On every train people clapped and yelled at the station brake. This coaster exceeded my expectations.

So decided to scrap my KW plans and will be going to SFoG on June 9th instead! Its alot easier in terms of my travel and a new park, so makes sense. Also I'm excited to finally try Goliath, TC of course, and a Schwarzkopf! Also at least in POV's Great American Scream Machine looks pretty great, and supposedly Scorcher was one of the, if not the, best standing coasters granted thats a low bar. Im pretty stoked to visit. Sucks its a weekend but I'll get fast pass, I assume it'll be necessary?

Never used it at a SF park. I see there's diff prices for how much line you wanna skip. I guess its not like CP where its a free for all? Does it still allow unlimited rides?

This morning they roped off the section just past Scorcher. So they had Twisted Cyclone and Scorcher going before official opening. We walked on all coasters and then headed out. Great way to spend the morning.

Went yesterday as well. Scorcher looks great! Didn't get to ride any of the major rides as it was my three year old great nephew's first time to Six Flags. We rode Jokers Funhouse Coaster and his first words to me as we pulled back into the station were "uncle Babe, ride again!!" I'm so glad - if he didn't like roller coasters, I'm afraid I'd have to disown him

Great day at the park and it is cool to see it again for the first time through his eyes.

Seems a bit odd the ride would be hidden behind that building. I would think you'd want people to see the ride even when loading/unloading.

Seems a bit odd the ride would be hidden behind that building. I would think you'd want people to see the ride even when loading/unloading.

loading and unloading is boring for most people.

folks are gonna see this when it's swinging. . tho I like the Steampunk theme. . . too bad SFOG isn't getting the DC theming like Fiesta. . our queue is supposedly gonna be a funhouse.

Had a great visit today - not at all crowded; most rides were station waits including Twisted Cyclone. This was surprising as the weather was excellent. We got our first rides of the year on the (newly repainted) Scorcher. The trains got some love too as the restraints all look new. Oddly enough the ad wrapping for Georgia's Own CU was still present.

The new membership lounge has added more features including serving as the location to pick up Skip-the line passes (no more going to Flash Pass HQ) as well as more refill stations.

Pandemonium is built; the construction on the surrounding areas continues. We got a great look from the top of Sky Screamer, which incidentally was doing extra long cycles today - up to the top, halfway down; back to the top; halfway down; back to the top and then a long slow descent down - never seen that before. I really hope they add more theming to the Screampunk District. I admit I am spoiled by the immersive SFMM version; I will reserve judgment until they are officially done though.

I can really tell the park is working hard on improving food and beverage service. We did not wait longer than 5 minutes anywhere to get food today. The new refill stations are helping cut down the actual food lines.

Still not sure what the plan is for the former Goliath games area...all the shade canopies installed at the top of those tall poles has been removed. For now it is a large seating area with no shade.

Next visit: Sunday May 5th. Cheers.....

Got to the park around 3 in the afternoon. Parking lot was semi full-but park was not super busy. Canopy shade structures were back at the posts by Goliath Games and Goliath was running very efficiently with trains not stacking as they often do. No work going on as far as I can tell at Pandemonium. (Hope that opens for Memorial Day Weekend) In other news, the boats at Splashwater Falls are gone and the lift/crane that hoisted them in and out of the water is now on its side. Left around 7, all in all good day!

IMG_20190505_144925119_HDR.thumb.jpg.c23291acc80e2dcf432722c9c22ef8cf.jpg

No noticeable work on Pandemonium

IMG_20190505_171103442_HDR.thumb.jpg.bbb7b51df2c0f8c11055345f4f88ca89.jpg

RIP

IMG_20190505_185326771_HDR.thumb.jpg.682308e0df63ffe9a66324d0bae47753.jpg

First time seeing Scorcher with its fresh coat of paint, looks great!!

Hi SFOG experts.. my wife and I are going to be in SFOG for the first time in 30 years this Memorial day weekend. I think we will be there Sunday as it looks right now. What can we expect on that day as far as crowds? Does it make sense to do the flash pass right away? I am mainly focused to the coasters and we will be there before opening so we get right in. I am wondering what is the best plan with or with flash pass to hit all the coasters based on location, capacity, etc? Thanks for your suggestions, b

Across town, SF White Water had their opening day, in spite of a terrible weather forecast. Good news is there were NO storms and the weather was quite pleasant! Crowds were at a minimum and every attraction I observed was a walk-on.

A few observations:

The Little Hooch (Lazy River) got a major overhaul with resurfacing of the trough as well as new paint for the entirety of the circuit. The walls and fencing adjacent to the lazy river were extensively cleaned as well making this attraction look really nice.

There is an all new small retail location located near the park entrance next to the tube rental station.

The 2019 Dive In Movies list banners were posted at the head of the wave pool as in years' past. Looks like there is some rehab work taking place near the movie screen building.

in talking to an operations manager, he confirmed the Rapids ride would remain closed permanently; it has been removed from the park map. He also indicated this would eventually be the location for a new attraction.

The Diamond / Elite seating area has been reconfigured somewhat and looks much better.

A new membership lounge and charging station has been set up near member services.

I cannot comment on improvement (or lack thereof) in the food and beverage service as the park was very much empty and lines were non existent. Hopefully this will be improved from last year; the next busy weekend will tell the tale.

Welcome back, summer!

in talking to an operations manager, he confirmed the Rapids ride would remain closed permanently; it has been removed from the park map. He also indicated this would eventually be the location for a new attraction.

The rapids were located in Screampunk, right? Would be cool to see another major ride in that area.

The rapids were located in Screampunk, right? Would be cool to see another major ride in that area.

pretty sure he's talking about the slide in White Water Bay park (that was called "the rapids").

this one here:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

SFOG just removed the chute the chutes boat ride, no way (like zero chance) they are pulling out the Thunder River rapids ride. . it's super popular, and gets one SOAKED).