TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Went yesturday mainly to make sure I got my 2019 pass processed before end of the month and did run through the haunts will I was there.

CaSa De Muerta - about same as last year. Entertrining and enjoyable.

Alien Abuducton - really nice additional. Lots of cool elements and costumes. One of my favorites

Camp Slasher - very very much improved last year and a lot of cool rooms and stuff build in. May have been my favorite haunt. The school bus out front was weird.

ZX-1 - My favorite the last few years but dissapointed this year. The whole "story" of the haunt was removed. No TV screens outside telling you about what is going on in dodge city (even though they did get repetive), no people inside helping you get to the cure at the hospital. Most just a generic town with zombies. If I wasn't comparing it to previous years probably would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Evil passage - in the old dracula building. Short but what they had was good. I'd rather see then add a short additional haunt like this then leave the building empty.

Witche's Coven - basically same a last year. Good eye candy. Not real scary. Now last year I did this 3 time and one time they had a really really cool scene in the final room that made the whole thing amazing. On this trip through nothing special in the final room.

After one trip though I think I'd rank them.

Slasher

Alien

Casa

ZX-1

Witches

Evil passage

Did not get a chance this trip for dead man's party or bad bob the bone butcher or the train. I expect all 3 to be similar to last year but I would all 3 very entertaining last year so that wouldn't be a bad thing.

I also want to comment on the building near goliath. There was talk that it may become a storage building or something about FF but I'm not so sure. The railing for the queue line going in and the exit into goliath gift shop looked definitely more permanetly installed and were not using those temporary movable railings and I don't see them putting in pemanent railings just for FF (even casa de meurte which is used every year for FF uses the temporary railings). So I'm thinking there will be some kind of attaction there come next year though that would be FF19 would lose two haunt locations from this year.

Went and saw the movie "Hell Fest" Tuesday. I know there was much speculation as to whether that movie was filmed at SFoG - or any SF park for that matter but it became clear this was filmed at SF White Water! I recognized many buildings and areas clear as day, most notably the entrance to the rapids slide. The water wheel is also seen clearly during several scenes.

That means the production took place during the off season sometime in the winter of 2017/2018. Very interesting both GA Six Flags parks have now been heavily featured in films. SFoG in "Vacation" and now White Water in "Hell Fest!"

If you're referring to National Lampoon's Vacation, that was Magic Mountain.

National Lampoon's Vacation (1983) - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Vacation (2015) - Six Flags over Georgia.

Two very different movies. 'Vacation' was pretty bad; only worth seeing because of the Ninja being renamed the 'Raptor' (before it became Blue Hawk).

I went out to the park today for the first time in a couple months. I always make it a point to experience FrIght Fest as least once a year. Last year I didn’t get to experience any of the haunts but this year was different thanks to my Diamond Elite membership. It was extremely crowded tonight (especially for a Sunday) but thanks to my boss coming out to the park my good friend and I were able to get a few rides in on top of the several haunts. (My boss got a platinum flash pass for 3).

Special notes—

1. Acrophobia is up and running again!!!

2. The scare actors walking around the park did a really good job at scaring the f*ck out of me.

3. If you ever need to charge your phone (and you have your charger) I suggest heading down to Lickskillet and posting up at the bench near the funnel cake stand. There’s an outlet there and no one seemed to notice it.

4. The haunt in the building built near Goliath (Alien Adubtction I think) was bananas! It amazed me how much they packed in there!

5. The Thunder River queue haunt (can’t remember the name) had an extremely long line ALL night. I didn’t get to experience it but I’m gonna try to go back before FrIght Fest is over so I can see what the hype is about.

6. Mind Bender was running 1 train all day/night. I guess the 2nd train needs repairs or something.

7. Batman seemed a lil more intense than I remember... it seemed like they oiled the tracks or something.

8. The Gotham City haunt (ZX-1 I think) was also pretty good. Those scare actors were really putting in the work!

Overall, I had a blast. I didn’t even make it to the back section of the park (where GASM and SMUF is) but I still enjoyed myself despite the heavy crowds. I wish I had gotten more pictures but my battery was extremely low by the time it got dark.

Ride Count—

Acro - 1x

Twisted Cyclone - 1x

Mine Train - 1x

Mind Bender - 2x

Batman - 1x

Goliath - 1x

6512EC5B-19F0-4F07-9973-5D710A780A2A.thumb.jpeg.d69aacb3017b46b8f744ab7271753f74.jpeg

I snapped this picture as soon as I got off the bus. I was soooo happy to see Acro back in operation!

C1F82A2A-4CE2-48E0-9FDC-66CEE022F3A0.thumb.jpeg.2e43fb11671644d1789a775d654cf96f.jpeg

The Goliath crew was dispatching trains like crazy!

B0FD168D-FC87-47AA-B8C1-A79CCB87C626.thumb.jpeg.2117e7fa52a25cac09272911d892a4b6.jpeg

The weather was perfect!

8B6277FF-1311-4A8D-A995-EA30142AAC57.thumb.jpeg.faa9db5973835b228d97ba232fce6cea.jpeg

No Frigh Fest trip is complete without a pic of the bloody fountain!

7C6A8D68-51A7-41AA-989F-EA641E600B85.thumb.jpeg.30e6c9e2e4f43ae46669f6f9bffd4f42.jpeg

Gotta love the spooky theming!

274FBAC2-E960-4F36-B327-01AB1FDBE157.thumb.jpeg.ae046006e5b5a1802ca78b5d6b13da8c.jpeg

More spooky theming!!

0BCE4A9A-8FBD-4BAD-9316-58E2A86408B7.thumb.jpeg.88d2e888ec30c82d9a8358d84588916d.jpeg

Even more!

F99C4396-A376-49E0-B1D9-8ABA096F791C.thumb.jpeg.d06cfb14d690d60432a3286a33f1f755.jpeg

I caught the Coffin Challenge contestants shortly after the challenge was over. Congrats to the 5 that made it through the 30 hours!

We went for a visit Sunday as well. The Diamond Elite haunt wristband plus the $10 upgrade to express option saved the day as the place was really full. It was also nice to experience more autumn-like weather. (I understand there will be a real chill in the air next weekend...)

Dr. Fright's Dead Man's party was short a couple of performers but in spite of that, the show is still really good and has been a fan favorite for decades.

The food and beverage lines were, as expected, obscene. I have noticed though that the Johnny Rockets location does a pretty good job of moving the line. We waited maybe 10-15 min for our meal. The extended Dining Pass hours really help. The theming and atmosphere at JD's Sports is outstanding! They really did a good job with the décor. If the food line there is horrendous, we simply get our meals from another location and enjoy!

Alien abduction is my pick for best haunt. The effects are well done and there are good scares in there. I would not recommend this one for young kids or the timid!

We will be back again this Friday the 19th and Sunday the 21st. Fright Fest has been lots of fun this year (so far)!

I also had a chance to get to the park late Sunday night for a couple of rides on TC. I've ridden it over 40x now and I have to say it was running faster than ever before. I was out of my seat during the entire wave turn and the hill before and after the turn around were especially intense.

I'm curious if anyone else has had the same experience recently?

Thanks

Georgia's Batman hauls. They all do, but that one seems like it's especially nuts.

Just wait 'til Holiday in the Park! When the temps really drop, it feels like my shoes are going to fly off into the parking lot!

I have been on seven copies of this ride and I have to believe ours may be the fastest...

Stopped at the park a little before closing last Saturday on the way home from a NC trip that involved a certain giga coaster (and some more important stuff, but a giga coaster too). Ended up only having time for one coaster, but I think I chose wisely.

Twisted Cyclone (x1): I love RMC. This thing is hilariously fun, smooth, and comfortable with crazy airtime and other weird sensations that don't make total sense. On paper it looks short but it kinda just kept going with absolutely flawless pacing. No dead space at all. Great ride here.

Georgia's Batman hauls. They all do, but that one seems like it's especially nuts.

My goodness, yes. It's very aggressive and barely gives you any time to catch your breath.

Didn't realize it had not been mentioned.

It was running the last Sat in Sep.

I made a last-minute trip that day to activate a pass.

I was checking this topic every weekend waiting on someone to announce that it was back open and no one said a word. Then Sunday morning I was watching a live stream on FB of the Coffin Challenge and I heard that familiar high pitched ‘hum’ in the background. I opened a new tab and came back to this topic to double check and found nothing. But my face lit up when I saw the gondola at the top of the tower as I got off the bus. That’s how I knew it was going to be a great day!

Didn't realize it had not been mentioned.

It was running the last Sat in Sep.

I was checking this topic every weekend waiting on someone to announce that it was back open and no one said a word.

Sorry. I don't check it often.

With the last-minute nature (got an email while out of the country that I had to go activate that pass as sion as I git back.) I wasn't there long and didn't even think about posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how packed it’s going to be on the weekend of Thanksgiving? I’m on our annual family trip to Dollywood and wanted to visit the park for the first time. My priotrities are are the main coasters and haunted mansion. Also if anyone knows any good local food places around that they can recommend, that would be great!

Does anyone know how packed it’s going to be on the weekend of Thanksgiving? I’m on our annual family trip to Dollywood and wanted to visit the park for the first time. My priotrities are are the main coasters and haunted mansion. Also if anyone knows any good local food places around that they can recommend, that would be great!

It's going to be quite packed. I normally avoid that place like the plague on weekends, no matter what time of year. I'm actually going on a week night before Thanksgiving...lol

Also, be aware that the back of the park where Superman, Justice League, Great American Scream Machine and Blue Hawk aren't open for Holiday In The Park (this year).

We go every year on Black Friday & Saturday and it's never really crowded at all, it's one of the most peaceful times to go in my opinion.

Also, be aware that the back of the park where Superman, Justice League, Great American Scream Machine and Blue Hawk aren't open for Holiday In The Park (this year).

Metropolis Park should be open - it was operating during last year's HitP and furthermore, they have already installed the bases for the multicolor crystal holiday decorations in front of Justice League. Blue and white Christmas lights are also now installed on some of the buildings in that area.

Scream machine, Blue Hawk, and all of Lickskillet will be closed. In fact, as soon as Fright Fest is over they will likely begin site work on Pandemonium and the new Screampunk District where Camp Slasher is currently located.

Metropolis Park should be open - it was operating during last year's HitP and furthermore, they have already installed the bases for the multicolor crystal holiday decorations in front of Justice League. Blue and white Christmas lights are also now installed on some of the buildings in that area.

Scream machine, Blue Hawk, and all of Lickskillet will be closed. In fact, as soon as Fright Fest is over they will likely begin site work on Pandemonium and the new Screampunk District where Camp Slasher is currently located.

I was just going by the rides listed to be open on the park's website/event page:

https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/special-events/holiday-in-the-park-event

Superman and Justice League aren't listed to be open on there. I knew they were open last year since JL was new, but this year they have Twisted Cyclone open. Perhaps it was left off if it indeed will be open?

Six Flags is the only company I've ever seen that has their web team build websites as they're live (allowing incorrect information to be seen by potential guests and indexed by search engines). They also like to take old verbiage and re-use it. Since Superman wasn't advertised for the first few Holiday in the Park events even though it ended up running I would bet that they just copied and pasted some old stuff, deleted the text about Georgia Cyclone and wrote the new thing for Twisted Cyclone up top without even thinking about Justice League and Superman.

Don't read into the website too much. If they're putting up Christmas lights by Justice League then that's your answer. If you listened to the Six Flags website about Holiday in the Park then Six Flags Great America (the one in Chicago, that's not a typo) is running Mind Eraser, Houdini, Thunderbolt, Wild One and a bunch of water slides for Christmas and Six Flags New England is breaking out Mayor Slayer and a bunch of demons for Holiday in the Park (oh, and they're bringing back Buzzsaw). Great Adventure's Christmas sea lion show should be fun too...