TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Great report! The four other RMCs seemed to get a bit more attention, but Twisted Cyclone looks relentless from start to finish. I really like how that first drop twists. The profiling makes me think it could have some unexpected laterals to go with the air like Iron Rattler's first drop.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a great addition to the park. (Loving the colors.)

Sure it's not the tallest or fastest, but then again not ever ride needs to be the tallest and fastest. This one looks awesome, and sounds like it provides a great ride!!! Can't wait to get out to the park later this season to give it a go!!

Whelp definitely the worst RMC, at least definitely the worst looking POV video.

tenor.gif?itemid=7227940

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

Looks GREAT! Nice report. I am very much looking forward to riding this in the fall. I find it interesting everyone is so focused on the length because while it is in fact the shortest RMC by a good bit they pack so much variety into the layout. Its also an interesting contrast to the enormity of Steel Vengeance. I love the trains and the blue track. I love that its @ SFOG. That wave turn thing looks nuts.

Whelp definitely the worst RMC, at least definitely the worst looking POV video.

I really don’t how you can say this. And on that note I think the pov is very promising, showing good ejector air on the hills and good hangtime in all of the inversions - with an EMPTY train. The ride will only be better with riders and a proper break in.

Even if this turns out to be the worst RMC for some people, it's still looks to be a kickass ride that serves as a testament to how RMC can't make a bad coaster if they tried

Also as a side note, I think this has my favorite RMC color scheme

Even if that's true, there's no such thing as a "bad" RMC, IMO. The worst RMC is still better than the best Free Spin or Super Loop.

I went to media day today also. I have to say I was surprised at the airtime throughout the entire ride. The pacing is great from the drop to the brake run. Sure it's not the biggest, fastest or longest, but it is a lot of fun to ride. This is my 3rd RMC (Lightning Rod and Twisted Timbers are the other two) and I love how they packed so many elements into a smaller coaster. I have watched some different POVs and it's nothing like actually riding it.

SFGAm's Goliath is often called the "worst" RMC. The only knock against that ride is the ride time. It's otherwise one heck of a relentless coaster.

I was about to post that this ride still looks better than Goliath (which I still like but think, in some respects, was a wasted opportunity).

I would love to get down to SFoG this year. I haven't been since 2006. The more I ride other B&M hypers, the more Goliath rises up my list of favorites. Wonder if my memory can live up to reality.

I'm still trying to figure out if this was an attempt at online deadpan sarcasm, or really as misguided of a comment as it appears to be at first blush...

I'm in town for work training this week. Today is the last day and we will probably get out early, probably around 3. This may be one of my view chances to ever make it to this park would it be worth going until 8 tonight? Is there an afternoon entry fee discount or any other discount like at a grocery store?

Thank you for your information guys

I'm in town for work training this week. Today is the last day and we will probably get out early, probably around 3. This may be one of my view chances to ever make it to this park would it be worth going until 8 tonight? Is there an afternoon entry fee discount or any other discount like at a grocery store?

It is worth going. Great coaster lineup. No afternoon discounts.

Thanks for the info, I know it was wishful thinking as I couldn't find anything on their webpage

I was about to post that this ride still looks better than Goliath (which I still like but think, in some respects, was a wasted opportunity).

I would love to get down to SFoG this year. I haven't been since 2006. The more I ride other B&M hypers, the more Goliath rises up my list of favorites. Wonder if my memory can live up to reality.

Goliath is definitely at the top of my hyper list. Second only to Nitro. Be sure to ride back seat and leave some play on the lap bar every hill will have you out of the seat.

Thanks for the info, I know it was wishful thinking as I couldn't find anything on their webpage

Six Flags is very good at discounts though. I always go with the season pass since it pays for itself in two visits and is valid at all their parks.

But for daily admission, I always see tickets (for SFNE anyway) on Coca Cola cans and at fast food restaurants like Subway or Dunkin Donuts. I could see them doing something similar down there. At the very least, I strongly recommend buying in advance online. It saves you a queue at the ticket booth and it's cheaper than the gate price.

Saddly I think it's not going to happen. Looks like training won't get out until around 3, then it's another hour to the park and they close at 7. I thought they were going to be closing at 8, but I must have read the calendar incorrectly.

Sad times, I fly back up to PA tomorrow morning. At least I'll have a "Six Flags" up by Buffalo soon (next year).

If there's any chance you hit another Six Flags park this year, I still would recommend stopping in for a visit. The two best coasters (Goliath and Twisted Cyclone) are near the very front of the park. And if you're lucky, you may even be able to hit the classic Mind Bender too.

The two best coasters (Goliath and Twisted Cyclone) are near the very front of the park.

You meant the two most popular coasters...

And if you're lucky, you may even be able to hit the classic Mind Bender too.

The best and rarest coaster at the park... well, to some of us

^

I'm hoping to hop out there on Monday for a quick ride. I love how much better that side of the front of the park looks (come on, time to paint Scorcher now!)

Looks like rain, but you never know. Little guy is in daycare, I'm off work and have the day to myself so why not?!

Unfortunatly I was unable to make it. After the work training finished my coworker and I both felt a ill (probably from what we were fed for lunch at the training).

Atlanta is where the company headquarters is so it's possible they may have me come back down for some other work event and hopefully I can get to SFOG then.