TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I was at the park yesterday too. TC looks great! I was working in Atlanta this week so I thought I'd visit. It's been nearly 4 years since my last visit. I've been to every US 6 Flags park, and this one holds the record for the work ride operation. Yesterday was bad since there was at least 30 school buses with bands there. The worst ride operations was at Dare Devil Dive, not so much because of the rideops but the ride. Each train / car holds only 6 people. Between all the flash pass guests and "fat boy bounces" the line barely moves.

One new thing I noticed, was the flash pass watches. None of the 6 Flag parks I've been to this year has had them. The others use the normal device. I'm not sure if that's a plus or minus. I'll be back again today, with hopefully better results. Although, I'm not holding my breath.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used the "watch" style fast lane when we went last month. If they can work the bugs out of it, they would be great. We kept having issues with picking a ride. It was complicated and not as straight forward as the clip on style of fast lane we are accustomed to.

Did we know SFOG was switching to Q-bands? I wonder why they made the change. It'll be annoying if it turns out to be a downgrade to the experience. But I guess what really matters is that you're ultimately able to make use of them.

Just wanted to post about my visit today at SFOG. The "A team" was working today on the rides and food services. A definitely much better experience. A few rides were down (sky screamer and sky buckets) because of the wind. That's not their fault. I think TC - Twisted Cyclone is going to be a lot of fun. I wish it was open for my visit. Looks like a RMC job!

Cyclone looking fabulous.

What's the story on the flash pass watches? More details? Photos perhaps? I have full intentions of using FP at this park (if need be) when I visit later this season.

^ I don't have FP pictures. The users get a watch instead of the normal device. The FP rideops have a small tablet they use. It's too rich for my blood, although I have the season pass flash pass for Magic Mountain (my home park). I'm sure I won't like it since I don't wear my glasses when riding (I'm far sighted), that watch screen is sooo small compared to the devices. I have trouble with the old devices in the dark.

I'm thinking of heading down to the park directly before Holiwood Nights... I would probably do SFOG Tuesday/Wednesday, and take my time making it back up to Holiday World for HWN. Years ago I did this same trip, probably more than once, but can't remember how crowded SFOG is that week. Unfortunately they're only open until 7pm those days.. but I always seemed to get a great amount of rides and re-rides on my favorite (and the reason I would be going), Mind Bender. Have both trains been running?

What's the story on the flash pass watches? More details? Photos perhaps? I have full intentions of using FP at this park (if need be) when I visit later this season.

I believe they look something like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

And there are various "stations" around the park where you can go and put your wristband up to it, and select a ride to reserve. Your watch will display a name, and a time you can ride. When that time rolls around you scan your watch at the ride, and on you go!

(At least that's how the system has worked at other parks... So I'm thinking it would work pretty similarly.)

^Wow, I don't think I was aware of the kiosks for Q-bands. That sounds much easier than the scrolling on the watches I'd imagined, but a step backwards compared to the Q-Bots. If this is indeed how it works at SFOG I still wonder why.

I don't know if anybody notices this or not but it looks likes they're using the 1st gen RMC trains. It's the way lap bar designed looks like the 1st gen. Here's the picture for comparison.

1st gen

2nd gen

KD%2BTwisted%2BTrain%2BC.jpg

I could be wrong though.

I don't know if anybody notices this or not but it looks likes they're using the 1st gen RMC trains. It's the way lap bar designed looks like the 1st gen. Here's the picture for comparison.

I could be wrong though.

They're definitely the gen 1trains. The other way you can tell is by the number of wheels. Gen 2 trains have more.

31217657_Screenshot-2018-5-10TwistedTimbers-KingsDominion(DoswellVirginiaUSA).png.ba04f01168464d36d225e6a9a647a178.png

Made a park visit today - interesting day to say the least! First of all, the park's railroad train caught fire, forcing the closure of the Metropolis area of the park. I did not see any of this going on other than everyone being turned away from entering that area of the park. I did catch a whiff of burning something or another.

Second - park was very crowded with over 100 bus loads of band members from schools across the region.

Third- Twisted Cyclone was testing - a lot. We watched several test trains cycle through the ride. The anticipation is mounting!

Lastly, we 'took the plunge' and bought our Diamond Elite passes. You can buy memberships at the member services office inside the park. The staff there moved our existing dining plans over to our new membership. I did notice some of the benefits like preferred parking and preferred water park seating require a reservation the day before you visit, which could be a hassle. You cannot just show up and expect preferred parking or water park seating. You will have to enter a pass ID for ALL members in your party to utilize it. We will see how this goes but all in all I am glad we upgraded.

Tomorrow is Bring a Friend free day so I expect crowds!

Cheers.....

I went to opening day at white water. Hit a lot of rides in when I got thee at opening but due to heat got real crowded in afternoon. Left around 3. A few links like the bucket water drop were not running which always confuses me. You know when opening day is. Why should everything not be working?

First time I saw the dive in movie list for the year and outside I’d emoji movie is a good list. Wonder Woman justice league coco cars 3 pirates of carribean. Star Wars. Definitely will make more of those this year.

https://www.wsbradio.com/news/national/fire-six-flags-over-georgia-ride-sends-two-employees-hospital/ngzsNoDJmPzWJ3TLhakBHL/

Here's another link from our local news. You can hear loud pops and see lots of smoke. Park employees exhibited a sense of humor as well toward the end of the video. No laughing matter though as two employees and one guest received treatment.

Last week a Disney float caught fire. Who is next?

I never understood why people act so surprised when the park (or any park) is crowded on Friday or Saturday. Am I the only one that knows that those are the two BUSIEST days? Schools, Churches, Businesses, and Families almost ALWAYS plan to visit on a Saturday. Sundays are the best days to go if you want to avoid a crowd, with the exception of 'bring a friend' days.

Additionally, im waiting to hear more from the park about this fire yesterday. Ofcourse all the GP are on Facebook calling for Six Flags to be shut down, compairing them to Disney and Universal, etc.

Anyone know if Mind Bender is running one train, or both?

It was single train operations Yesterday. The park was wonderful at opening, we managed to ride every coaster from the 10 AM opening until about 12ish. The large amount of band and choral kids hit the park after that and it was a very busy day. The fact that the train closed the Metropolis section didn't help with crowds either as Justice League, SMUF and Reverse GASM were all closed after that.

For anybody that would like to see, youtuber Ohio Valley Caoasters caught the black train testing on Twisted Cyclone in the link below. This thing really looks like it's hauling! It flew through the wave turn! It definitely seems to be gaining more speed! I wonder if they tested it with the "different" wheels or if that is just really a result of GA heat? Lol