TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

^I had more or less the same experience. Wasn't expecting it to live up to the hype, but was actually blown away by it.

Just looking at those photos of the park makes me feel humid. Planning to drive to and from Orlando in June just so I can ride Fury again and visit SFOG again to ride TC. Worth it!

Fury is worth at least an 8 hour drive. I was blown away by that coaster. The drop on the turnaround is just amazing air.

I'm getting tempted by all this now more than ever since I found out I can fit B&M Hypers on Sunday with Apollo's Chariot. Granted I don't want to go all the way down to Carowinds until I can ride Alpengeist because going to Carowinds and being unable to ride Afterburn would kill me.

ANYWAY Twisted Cyclone is looking great!

Is Afterburn supposed to be closed? I'm going to Carowinds for the first time Memorial Day Weekend.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn't see the photo or video or whatever of what you are all talking about, but standard operating procedure on Manta at SWO is after the trains go into flying position, all ops on platform are sup

Coaster Studios is a little whiny douchebag.

Looking at news reports that come up from Google searches of "Six Flags Over Georgia Opening Day" and 2019 and 2018, it seems like they typically open in March.  Next year is anyone's guess with COVID

Posted Images

Looks like they reversed the direction of the zero-g roll too than what is on the animation. I like when small changes like this are made. It makes following construction more exciting.

I think Twisted Cyclone is really going to be a sleeper hit this year...

RMC has gotten their designs to look really clean lately, and they're nothing short of beautiful. The ones where the structure is painted especially. I remember when they were in my mind the ugliest rides, and now, after a combination of getting used to it and RMC becoming cleaner, they're now my favorites to look at.

It still blows my mind how they install track into the existing structure.

20180407_122115.jpg

20180407_122058.jpg

I Was coming home from Birmingham today, and i happened to pass by SFOG!

I Did try to get a photo of Twisted Cyclone, but my phone refused to take it for some reason.

But i cannot wait to come back this summer!

Spent a few hours at the park today. It was pretty chilly this morning but warmed up throughout the day. I arrived right at opening, ans I hope the weather played a factor in having rides opening on time, because Georgia Scorcher and maybe Dahlonega Mine Train (didn't walk by it until around 11:30) were the only coasters open at opening. Blue Hawk never opened. Operations were decent every where I went. Not a bad day overall. My biggest complaints is the same as my last visit last year: they don't refill the Freestyle machines during the day so by the afternoon there are very few selections available, and the continuing saga of Mindbender running one train.

Here are some pics:

image1.thumb.jpeg.26d372e5757f72c9f6527dbbb6bc92af.jpeg

The main reason for visiting today was to try Scream Machine Backwards.

image13.thumb.jpeg.8ff3a2dcd857a4ef89ec32164cd82b63.jpeg

It was really smooth and the new paint job on the old GA Cyclone trains looked good.

image12.thumb.jpeg.718755d376f89b9f3b23c5ce4ff169e8.jpeg

Blue Hawk was done all day.

image11.thumb.jpeg.18fb49a47903c16366bb5e1881b2e8a2.jpeg

I guess they tried to open it at some point because there wasn't a train on the lift this morning and they had a crew there for a little while.

image17.thumb.jpeg.aa45cbcdb5d19382136fef2a1aee9e81.jpeg

Mindbender. Sigh.

image14.thumb.jpeg.e9fa03b6f821b9267a52d9ac85785e2b.jpeg

Running great, and it looked like one of the trains had several seats/clamshells replaced.

image15.thumb.jpeg.f8eca57d75fe27bd13088cf485ddec9a.jpeg

I guess Dare Devil Dive Coaster got a little bit of new paint.

image10.thumb.jpeg.8fded5549be4655941c0ec098c4ffe94.jpeg

Wildlife.

image7.thumb.jpeg.aab9fbc4d73d96991f02bae0019998a6.jpeg

I chuckled.

image9.thumb.jpeg.18b90322ccdbce49f69ae0badb401978.jpeg

Soon.

image8.thumb.jpeg.cb9a2c370516c61aa58d09855e5f121f.jpeg

Soon.

image20.thumb.jpeg.781c8259f8512559ff48a41a34aadfa8.jpeg

Cannot wait for this to open.

image3.thumb.jpeg.5c62c61f709a925ae93df72c9d128b2e.jpeg

image4.thumb.jpeg.d2c5cd58b79e2c99c320556052a34378.jpeg

image5.thumb.jpeg.024f36559e125a8aef7ffc773537b5ab.jpeg

image6.thumb.jpeg.10ea7110572e90aff3aba3010edabd39.jpeg

image2.thumb.jpeg.38853e52c08ae3085c75b90d40a41fba.jpeg

Twisted.

Great pictures. I'm in the 1% who is more enticed by this roller coaster than Steel Vengeance.

Weirdly I agree! Lol. It's certainly more photogenic and beautiful than its big sister for sure. Has anyone been able to get any updated pictures on the side where the zero-g roll is?

For some reason I have been more enamored with Twisted Cyclone as well despite its far less exciting layout than Steel Vengence. Maybe it's like a weird "of course Cedar Point you just HAVE to have the most amazing RMC ever don't you?" type of thing.

I agree a little but only because I have no plans to visit CP this year, while I'll definitely be heading down to Georgia to ride this. Also I think its a little bit of CP having this amazing mindblowing lineup to begin with, while SFOG's lineup is solid for a what it is and is really underrated. I love that this awesome little SF park is getting an RMC and I'm so stoked to ride it and everything else there later this year.

My main concerns about Steel Vengeance as that it might be a bit too intense for me and hard to handle with its length. CP's lineup is also kind of overwhelming, as I've expressed in the past. The great coasters dissolve the really good coasters and I don't see myself spending much time anywhere but the area between MF and SV for Coaster Campout.

Similar to what you said, this coaster will be one of few staples in the park making decisions to ride easier and the overall importance of the coaster more. If I head to SFoG this year, which is a toss up, I can see myself spending the majority of my time between Twisted Cyclone and Goliath and not feeling guilty for sampling the other rides less.

I agree a little but only because I have no plans to visit CP this year, while I'll definitely be heading down to Georgia to ride this. Also I think its a little bit of CP having this amazing mindblowing lineup to begin with, while SFOG's lineup is solid for a what it is and is really underrated. I love that this awesome little SF park is getting an RMC and I'm so stoked to ride it and everything else there later this year.

Agree 100%. I have never been to SFOG so this just adds to the list of reasons to go there asap. Cedar Point I would of been more than willing and excited to go to regardless of whether Steel Vengeance was added or if they tore down Mean Streak and built a B&M or something less insane than an RMC. (They could of added "Ocean Snoopy" and I would still go there ).

My main concerns about Steel Vengeance as that it might be a bit too intense for me and hard to handle with its length. CP's lineup is also kind of overwhelming, as I've expressed in the past. The great coasters dissolve the really good coasters and I don't see myself spending much time anywhere but the area between MF and SV for Coaster Campout.

Similar to what you said, this coaster will be one of few staples in the park making decisions to ride easier and the overall importance of the coaster more. If I head to SFoG this year, which is a toss up, I can see myself spending the majority of my time between Twisted Cyclone and Goliath and not feeling guilty for sampling the other rides less.

It seems Steel Vengeance is focused more on negative G, rather than positive G. I'm not sure if that is what you mean by too intense, but that is something that affects me so I can relate.

While smaller in stature than most of the other RMC conversions, Twisted Cyclone is, nonetheless, going to be an incredible ride.

I couldn't agree more! I see a lot of both floater and ejector in our future!

^ Yeah but Mindbender.

Mind Bender? Any chance I get to chime in on what is still my #1 steel coaster (since my first ride on it in spring 1990) and I'll take it! Mind Bender is like heaven with melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Such simple perfection. sounds creepy huh...?