TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Great pictures! That hill after the second turn looks like it's going to produce some serious airtime!

That is one change from the original animation and I like it a lot. The drop after the second turn-around was easily the best moment on the Georgia Cyclone because of the airtime you would hit there, seems to me RMC took the best moment on the Georgia Cyclone and made it better.

Great pictures! That hill after the second turn looks like it's going to produce some serious airtime!

That is one change from the original animation and I like it a lot. The drop after the second turn-around was easily the best moment on the Georgia Cyclone because of the airtime you would hit there, seems to me RMC took the best moment on the Georgia Cyclone and made it better.

Absolutely agree... looks very intentional to preserve that moment from the past. Even if they don’t think and design that way, let’s just pretend that they do, cuz it’s more fun to appreciate it than refute it.

Excitement building for sure. This ride, though short and short, looks to pack a real punch. Can’t wait!!

Absolutely agree... looks very intentional to preserve that moment from the past. Even if they don’t think and design that way, let’s just pretend that they do, cuz it’s more fun to appreciate it than refute it.

Excitement building for sure. This ride, though short and short, looks to pack a real punch. Can’t wait!!

I just went back and looked at the original animation. Definitely looks like a change for the better!

Happy 12th Birthday Goliath!!!

4/1/2006 - I'll never forget the day it opened because I was an employee at the time and the park was extra busy that day (for good reason). At the end of the night, the Supervisors allowed the Rides team-members to go back in the park to ride Big G. My very first ride was in the back, and then I turned around and rode in the front. IMO - The back row is definitely the best row, and riding at night is an experience unlike any other!

are they shooting for a grand opening of twisted cyclone memorial day weekend?

That's typically the MO for most new Six Flags attractions, I think.

Yea, the park opens 2 months before most other parks do for the season. That gives them less time.

^ It's a good mine train!

Regarding when this is going to open, there is an an interview with Schilke from Twisted Timbers opening day that I cannot link to here, but a quick search on Youtube and you will find it: When asked about this ride he basically confirms what we've always suspected - that Six Flags does in fact aim to open for the season first, then get their new ride open around Memorial Day to bring crowds back in a second time, and that they're right on schedule with this.

Fury does have sideways

Stop it. You guys are going to get me to take a Charlotte-Atlanta trip if you're not careful.

God, don't do it. You might get hooked. I'd never went into a coaster with such low expectations and expecting typical over-hype, but when we hit the break run I knew it was instantly my favorite roller coaster. It was a mixture of euphoria and disbelief. To me, it's halfway between I305 and MF, with more freedom of movement. Excuse me, while I purchase plane tickets...

^I had more or less the same experience. Wasn't expecting it to live up to the hype, but was actually blown away by it.

Just looking at those photos of the park makes me feel humid. Planning to drive to and from Orlando in June just so I can ride Fury again and visit SFOG again to ride TC. Worth it!

^I had more or less the same experience. Wasn't expecting it to live up to the hype, but was actually blown away by it.

Just looking at those photos of the park makes me feel humid. Planning to drive to and from Orlando in June just so I can ride Fury again and visit SFOG again to ride TC. Worth it!

Fury is worth at least an 8 hour drive. I was blown away by that coaster. The drop on the turnaround is just amazing air.

Fury is worth at least an 8 hour drive. I was blown away by that coaster. The drop on the turnaround is just amazing air.

I'm getting tempted by all this now more than ever since I found out I can fit B&M Hypers on Sunday with Apollo's Chariot. Granted I don't want to go all the way down to Carowinds until I can ride Alpengeist because going to Carowinds and being unable to ride Afterburn would kill me.

ANYWAY Twisted Cyclone is looking great!

Fury does have sideways

Stop it. You guys are going to get me to take a Charlotte-Atlanta trip if you're not careful.

God, don't do it. You might get hooked. I'd never went into a coaster with such low expectations and expecting typical over-hype, but when we hit the break run I knew it was instantly my favorite roller coaster. It was a mixture of euphoria and disbelief. To me, it's halfway between I305 and MF, with more freedom of movement. Excuse me, while I purchase plane tickets...

Lol, I have heard really good things. I do enjoy the B&M hypers, and if Fury is anything like Diamondback and Nitro, I'll be happy.

STL-ATL and STL-CLT are just so damn cheap, I'm probably going to have to do it one of these days.