TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Like, do people not realize it's not the length that matters?? It's all about how well it rides.

I disagree, I think the length has a very big part in any ride. Look at Goliath, is it a great ride? Of course it is! But it's one of RMC's weaker creations due to its short layout and lack of more elements.

I think this will be a nice ride but definitely one of the weakest of the RMC hybrids to date.

I think this will be a nice ride but definitely one of the weakest of the RMC hybrids to date.

You realize that not every roller coaster has to be "OMFG-crazy-three-minutes-long-ejector-inversions-stalls" to be world-class, right?

I realize that I'm slightly biased being from central Pennsylvania and all, but, well, you know what argument I'll make.

I disagree, I think the length has a very big part in any ride. Look at Goliath...

From leaving the lift hill to hitting the brake run... Goliath is still longer than Outlaw Run. Outlaw Run is about 34 seconds, Goliath is about 40 seconds... And Outlaw Run is a DAMN good coaster, and Twisted Cyclone will be no different.

Ride length makes a big impact on a ride for me, and I feel like many other people feel the same way.

I have no doubt Twisted Cyclone will be amazing, but personally, ride time is a major factor. I just don't like really short ride experiences, especially if the line to get on takes 2 hours.

Twisted Cyclone will be a great ride, and the length is not going to change, but it is unfortunate to see them cut it short when it could have a really cool final lap with wacky small hops and tricky track work. That's something I really loved about Wicked Cyclone.

Just going on the park-released renderings for comparisons sake (only fair since we only have a rendering of the 2018 RMCs):

from drop to brakes

Steel Vengeance - 75 seconds

Lightning Rod (launch included) - 50 seconds

Wicked Cyclone - 50 seconds

Twisted Timbers - 50 seconds

Storm Chaser - 45 seconds

Joker - 40 seconds

Twisted Cyclone - 35 seconds

Outlaw Run - 35 seconds

Goliath - 30 seconds

Compare that to the average duration of (usually) very well-renown coasters, drop to brake:

El Toro - 50 seconds

Phantoms Revenge - 50 seconds

I305 - 45 seconds

Skyrush - 45 seconds

Batman clones - 40 seconds

Megalites - 40 seconds

Nemesis - 40 seconds

Storm Runner (launch to brake) 30 seconds

Dragster (launch to brake) - 17 seconds

Just going on the park-released renderings for comparisons sake (only fair since we only have a rendering of the 2018 RMCs):

from drop to brakes

Steel Vengeance - 75 seconds

Lightning Rod (launch included) - 50 seconds

Wicked Cyclone - 50 seconds

Twisted Timbers - 50 seconds

Storm Chaser - 45 seconds

Joker - 40 seconds

Twisted Cyclone - 35 seconds

Outlaw Run - 35 seconds

Goliath - 30 seconds

Compare that to the average duration of (usually) very well-renown coasters, drop to brake:

El Toro - 50 seconds

Phantoms Revenge - 50 seconds

I305 - 45 seconds

Skyrush - 45 seconds

Batman clones - 40 seconds

Megalites - 40 seconds

Nemesis - 40 seconds

Storm Runner (launch to brake) 30 seconds

Dragster (launch to brake) - 17 seconds

Boldikus - Don't go cloudying up this argument with facts! Seriously though...I'm sure the ride will be great. I too enjoy a long ride, but that doesn't really hurt my enjoyment of shorter rides.

Does anyone think they will add a launch coaster to the line up sometime soon? Another unique coaster to go with the new rmc will continue to add to the quality of the park. Not saying they have to add a big coaster like KK, but maybe something like Cheetah Hunt at BG-T or Storm Runner... Not too intense but gives a good thrill, especially for the youngsters.

Would have like to see them invest more money into the back of the park instead of just wasting it into Blue Hawk .

Does anyone think they will add a launch coaster to the line up sometime soon? Another unique coaster to go with the new rmc will continue to add to the quality of the park. Not saying they have to add a big coaster like KK, but maybe something like Cheetah Hunt at BG-T or Storm Runner... Not too intense but gives a good thrill, especially for the youngsters.

Would have like to see them invest more money into the back of the park instead of just wasting it into Blue Hawk .

The closest thing SFoG has had to a launched coaster was Viper (1995-2001), which was a decent but very short ride. After my first rides on Mr Freeze, I have been hoping our park would eventually get a LIM coaster but I have also heard somewhere that the power grid would not allow for it. Not sure if that is true but that is what I heard.

I would not expect to see another coaster added for a few years (after a Hurricane Harbor expansion and hopefully a giant discovery) after our RMC gift next year.

I certainly do not see the improvements to Blue Hawk as a waste. That coaster was nearly unrideable and now it is halfway decent again. If the park would upgrade and rehab all their existing rides, think of how much better it would be. I strongly believe the SF chain is headed down the path of reinvesting in their current attractions, which is not a bad thing at all.

Like so many of us, I had to stop by the park by yesterday supposedly to process my 2018 pass. Showed up at the park around 4pm, and it was absolutely packed. I got “lucky” finding a spot in the tiny corner section that is on the far east end of the main parking lot, but plenty of cars were hunting for spots with no luck. I’m sure the free admission with a blood donation had a big impact on attendance yesterday, but it was still a little surprising to see it that packed for the first Sunday of Fright Fest. Anyway, I got my pass processed, walked over to Twisted Cyclone for a status update, and headed out. Unfortunately I didn’t see anything new to report. Didn’t see any track on site yet and it looks the same as the photo posted here from about a week ago.

I too arrived around 5pm a day trip from Charlotte and was also astonished at how packed the park was. Almost turned around lol. I was told it was not only the first day of FrightFest which I knew about with the blood drive with free admission and also it was bring a friend for free Day. It was a bit much to say the least but I made thru ok lol.

Now I know SFOG has an issue with wild teens but for Justice League a brand new ride only 5 months old to look like it's been in the park for 10yrs is crazy. This is in the que line.

IMG_7408.thumb.JPG.520fdcdb60da2800c27e7cdf3a7b72c0.JPG

IMG_7409.thumb.JPG.1d70874e78dc64e29b3c5ec59f15ad95.JPG

IMG_7410.thumb.JPG.67b9e3bfee1833c5f5ac8ab60ed95f7e.JPG

That damage to the Justice League queue must be quite recent. I rode it about a month ago and didn't notice anything to that degree. With that being said, I'm not surprised at all that that has happened. Coming from PA and SFGAdv, now living closest to SFOG, the clientele has been... rough recently. Seemingly worse than GADv by a long shot, honestly. Hopefully the park will consider fixing it up. It just looks awful.

I was at SFOG last night and it was relatively empty compared to the enormous crowds for opening night of Fright Fest. I

could not believe the interior damage that has been done to the walls of JL. The only thing people can do while standing in line is be destructive? It’s just so sad there’s no respect for property. People doing stuff like that ruins it for the rest of us. Anyway, the track for Cyclone is slowly coming down. I’m looking forward to that first delivery of bright blue RMC track!

4A362904-FCB9-4703-832C-E56D919AEA79.thumb.jpeg.04e43b25692999684e6f905a0d3524b5.jpeg

791C4606-1D3C-415B-8E04-B6AEA9F2A3B5.thumb.jpeg.6c320ce86169bdf9081a337bab7efb6c.jpeg

CEEBAAC0-4086-4647-96D9-6998507D244D.thumb.jpeg.2b8e2fb3eae7f5d063dc20c857de1e93.jpeg

I have to say I cannot wait for Twisted Cyclone to open! I went to CA last week for business and over the weekend, we made it to SFMM. They have a RMC'd wooden coast - Twisted Colossus - and it's amazing!!! I realize that our cyclone will be shorter but if it's anything like colossus, it's going to easily become one of my new faves The ride was the smoothest ever and the inversions and loops (yes loops) were awesome. Even though there was no over the shoulder restraints, I felt very secure! OK, I will stop cause I could go on and on.

So my husband and I went to Fright Fest for the 3rd time this weekend. Almost didn't stay however. Upon arrival in the parking lot we spot Cobb County PD dealing with what appeared to be a break in. After parking we spot FOUR cars with their windows smashed in! Of course we call park security and they send the same poor Cobb County officer our way to document the windows. You would think that they'd station some security in the parking lot on a daily basis.

Fright Fest has been known as the worst part of the season for atleast a decade. I worked at SFOG in 2005 and I had to call security to the GASM numerous times for line jumpers, fights in the queue and even a guest deciding to jump over the air gates while I was dispatching a train.

It saddens me that they haven't figured out a solution to this repetitive issue after all this time. I almost dont wanna go out there for the fear of my windows being busted out or my truck getting broken into. Smh

Fright Fest has been known as the worst part of the season for atleast a decade. I worked at SFOG in 2005 and I had to call security to the GASM numerous times for line jumpers, fights in the queue and even a guest deciding to jump over the air gates while I was dispatching a train.

It saddens me that they haven't figured out a solution to this repetitive issue after all this time. I almost dont wanna go out there for the fear of my windows being busted out or my truck getting broken into. Smh

I have to agree. Just anecdotally from attending the park regularly for the last 5 years or so since I became an enthusiast, the clientele at the park does seem to get worse around this time of year. I won’t speculate as to why, but I have noticed it as well. I haven’t seen a break in necessarily, but usually there are more people hanging around in the parking lot or otherwise loitering outside the park with no evident purpose during these later Fright Fest nights.