TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I'll be curious to see what happens if ( more than likely when) they RMC Hurler @ Carowinds, since it's a clone of the one at Kings Dominion. I wonder if we'll have our first RMC Clone??

That's already happen . . .

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^I'm wondering if they are just going to paint the structure a tan color.
Much more likely to pressure wash the structure to strip what remains of the white paint for Twisted Cyclone.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

pressure wash ALL the paint off the wood? yeah, no.

^^I'm wondering if they are just going to paint the structure a tan color.
Much more likely to pressure wash the structure to strip what remains of the white paint for Twisted Cyclone.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

pressure wash ALL the paint off the wood? yeah, no.

Well it would only have to be done on the original wood that is left. You have to remember that a significant amount of the white wood that is currently on the structure will be removed during the conversion. So power washing off the left over white painted wood would not be as large of an undertaking as it seems.

This RMC looks amazing!! Congratulations guys! Having ridden both NTAG and IRAT I can tell you your in for a real treat from RMC!!

I know right? I've ridden Outlaw Run, Storm Chaser, and New Texas Giant and they all place in my top three of wood and steel.

I don't know about you guys, but the layout of Twisted Cyclone is really growing on me. It seemed short at first, but then I realized it will have about the same duration of like Storm Chaser or Outlaw Run. And I really love that first turn around with the two zero g rolls. And I REALLY love that second turn around with the kind of double up into the over bank and the double down out of it. And also that wave turn looks great. I'm so excited for Twisted Cyclone and Wonder Woman: Golden Lasso Coaster. Honestly, I'm more excited for those two than I am for Twisted Timbers and Steel Vengeance (I'm not going to count Rail Blazer since it is the same thing as Wonder Woman).

hellooooo!

it's been literally forever since I've posted, but I'm actually at the park today, mostly to process my season pass but also to get a few rides in. busy as hell today (Labor Day, duh) but I haven't been here in like two years so I'm psyched.

Anyone else here today?

Personally, I hope they get rid of the paint. I like the look of the natural wood in the animation and I think it goes well with the blue track.

Yeah. How would they just get rid of the paint? Just sand it all off or power wash it? At that point would they treat it or stain it in any sort of way?

I doubt it is a possibility, but it would be cool if they painted it dark grey like WC

I also doubt it, considering Blue Hawk basically has that exact color scheme. My vote is for blue track on white supports, kinda like how they did with one side of Colossus.

Count me in the group hoping for gray supports like Wicked Cyclone with the blue rails.

God I can't wait for this thing. I'm definitely trying to get down there late next year. You guys think its safe to assume this will be open for HITP?

Count me in the group hoping for gray supports like Wicked Cyclone with the blue rails.

God I can't wait for this thing. I'm definitely trying to get down there late next year. You guys think its safe to assume this will be open for HITP?

I would think so since it is a steel coaster, right at the front of the park, and will be one of their marquee coasters. Doesn't Twisted Colossus usually run at Holiday in the Park at Magic Mountain?

But California weather is a little different than Georgia weather that time of year. Georgia does get more colder temps than L.A. does. Though barring weather concerns, I would assume that since its literally next to the front gate in an area that has definitely been open for HITP, that Twisted Cyclone would be open next winter. I need to get back to visit my sister next year so trying to figure when is the best chance to get more than a ride or two on this thing.

Doesn't Twisted Colossus usually run at Holiday in the Park at Magic Mountain?

Magic Mountain operates all year so every coaster in the park is open for the event. But yeah, this thing will absolutely run for Holiday in the Park.

Anyway, we really need to visit SFOG. Frontier sometimes has hilariously cheap flights to Georgia, so maybe next year we'll pull the trigger on a trip down there to check this thing out and visit the Braves new stadium.

With those hotels right next to the park and it being a reasonable distance (20 minutes) from the Atlanta airport, it would be easy for you guys to make a quick little weekend trip down there. I am forever plotting and scheming how I can make a quick jaunt down to SFOG, in spite of all the other parks I still need to get to.

With those hotels right next to the park and it being a reasonable distance (20 minutes) from the Atlanta airport, it would be easy for you guys to make a quick little weekend trip down there. I am forever plotting and scheming how I can make a quick jaunt down to SFOG, in spite of all the other parks I still need to get to.

Aaaaand there's a public transportation train that takes you to/from the city and also can take you pretty close to SFOG. Definitely an easy weekend trip!

Yeah the public transit in Atlanta was super easy for me to get around, though the morning I got there I just took an Uber from the airport over to the hotel/park, and he may have been one of my favorite Uber drivers ever. When I told him my plans for the day his face lit up and we chatted about the park the entire way. Super cool guy, gave him a nice fat tip.

A word to the wise regarding public transportation to the park and the area - during the day it is absolutely fine. At night, however, I'd recommend catching a cab at the last subway stop to get to the hotels / park (or an UBER from the airport.) MARTA is great and the subway is super efficient and easy to use. The stations and bus stops in that part of town can, however, be rather sketchy. For anyone unused to living or being around the inner city - it could be scary.

Can't wait till next year to ride this. I absolutely love SFoG and seeing a ride of this magnitude being added makes me so very happy.

It looks fun, and I’m excited...but I can’t believe they made it so short. There’s going to be such long lines for such a short fide. Still looks fun, though.

That's been the pattern with all of these 6 flags conversions. They go cheap (not big) and shorten the rides. I would take Viper at Great America anytime over this conversion. The Cedar Fair conversions so far seem to be the full coasters.

I would take Viper at Great America anytime over this conversion

Don't you think you should ride it before figuring out where it falls in your rankings? RMC has yet to make a coaster that wasn't OMFG amazing.

^

It looks fun, and I’m excited...but I can’t believe they made it so short. There’s going to be such long lines for such a short fide. Still looks fun, though.

That's been the pattern with all of these 6 flags conversions. They go cheap (not big) and shorten the rides. I would take Viper at Great America anytime over this conversion. The Cedar Fair conversions so far seem to be the full coasters.

Were you in the boardroom when the decision was made to go with the final layout that was chosen? If not, how exactly are you so sure it was due to money?

Twisted Timbers is a whopping 204 feet longer than Hurler. Steel Vengeance is 313 feet longer than Mean Streak. Yet somehow those are "the full coasters" (whatever than means?) but every other RMC is "cheap", even though the general consensus is they're generally amazing. OK. You wanna lump Kentucky Kingdom in with that while you're at it?

Let's not forget who was the first company to take a chance on RMC and got the ball rolling on these conversions.

Coaster enthusiasts: never letting an opportunity to bash Six Flags go to waste.

You know what, let people complain. Less people in line of me while I constantly re-ride this! It may not be Steel Vengence, but hey, it's 20 minutes from me and will probably be the most kick ass ride at the park.