TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm still convinced it's a RMC conversion, but we'll know for sure in 2 weeks.

I completely agree. I think that if they were to tear this thing down, especially considering that it was built in 1990, similar to Mean Streak, Texas Giant, Rattler, and Hurler, that only makes it seem more realistic. If they were to pull another rolling thunder which was torn down for zumanjaro and instead but in a 4D Free Spin that wouldn't be "innovation at its finest", especially since this is on a master plan created in 2013-2014 when six flags started to get lots of RMC's and even Gene Petriello said in his video to coaster addict that you could almost tell by his wording it would be an RMC. Also, referring to older information about one person who said that the cyclone would preserve the same wood it has for 27 years seems pretty accurate because he knew they were closing it because insiders from the park knew people didn't like this ride so they closed it to convert it to an RMC. The teaser is just to throw us off especially because of the red arrow but I also noticed there were also 2 green fidget spinners and 2 purple fidget spinners that resemble the joker 4d coaster which I swear if that replaces Cyclone I will literally never go to six flags over Georgia again and then all those bobble heads were there to throw us off.

Yeah, I'm still convinced it's a RMC conversion, but we'll know for sure in 2 weeks.

I completely agree. I think that if they were to tear this thing down, especially considering that it was built in 1990, similar to Mean Streak, Texas Giant, Rattler, and Hurler, that only makes it seem more realistic. If they were to pull another rolling thunder which was torn down for zumanjaro and instead but in a 4D Free Spin that wouldn't be "innovation at its finest", especially since this is on a master plan created in 2013-2014 when six flags started to get lots of RMC's and even Gene Petriello said in his video to coaster addict that you could almost tell by his wording it would be an RMC. Also, referring to older information about one person who said that the cyclone would preserve the same wood it has for 27 years seems pretty accurate because he knew they were closing it because insiders from the park knew people didn't like this ride so they closed it to convert it to an RMC. The teaser is just to throw us off especially because of the red arrow but I also noticed there were also 2 green fidget spinners and 2 purple fidget spinners that resemble the joker 4d coaster which I swear if that replaces Cyclone I will literally never go to six flags over Georgia again and then all those bobble heads were there to throw us off.

I meant put instead of but on the 3rd line lol autocorrect

It is possible that a free spin is coming in 2018 and the RMC Cyclone coming in 2019.

Then why would they close a ride mid-summer only to reopen just under two years later? There'd be no reason to close it now. It's not Mean Streak.

How long does it take to construct a Free Spin? If I remember correctly in the SFOT forum their Free Spin went up pretty fast. Why would they close GC so early for a Free Spin that could be built when closed between January and March.

I think I figured out the teasers it's the five year plan that they say the park is on. last weak it was hurricane harbor 2014 and yesterday it was the joker and Hartley Quinn spinsanity 2015. So next it will have something to do with bug bunny boom town or dc super friends 2016. Last it will be something to do with the justice league.

I think I figured out the teasers it's the five year plan that they say the park is on. last weak it was hurricane harbor 2014 and yesterday it was the joker and Hartley Quinn spinsanity 2015. So next it will have something to do with bug bunny boom town or dc super friends 2016. Last it will be something to do with the justice league.

Good Thinking.

And would it make any sense, any, to tear out Cyclone and put in a Joker themed Free Spin in an area nowhere near either of the two DC comics themed areas especially when there's 2 Joker themed rides already? The best place for a Free Spin would probably be where Splashwater Falls is.

And would it make any sense, any, to tear out Cyclone and put in a Joker themed Free Spin in an area nowhere near either of the two DC comics themed areas especially when there's 2 Joker themed rides already? The best place for a Free Spin would probably be where Splashwater Falls is.
I almost posted this exact comment yesterday!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Wow...I cannot wait to see the next teaser. If it has anything to do with DC Super Friends or Bugs Bunny, you will get the gold star for detective work! I have to believe that in the board room, they know us 'enthusiasts' know good and well what's coming next year but that won't stop them from messing with us a bit!

Wow...I cannot wait to see the next teaser. If it has anything to do with DC Super Friends or Bugs Bunny, you will get the gold star for detective work! I have to believe that in the board room, they know us 'enthusiasts' know good and well what's coming next year but that won't stop them from messing with us a bit!

I don't think you got what they were saying. They were saying the things they were showing in the video are of things they have ALREADY put in the park since 2014; not what is coming.

Well, based on those photos, I'd say "Steel Hurricane" is on it's way. BTW, it took a couple of years to complete Texas Giant's transformation, but Georgia Cyclone doesn't look like it would need that much time. Look for major work to begin soon on your new thrilling RMC attraction! Oh, and congratulations!

I don't think you got what they were saying. They were saying the things they were showing in the video are of things they have ALREADY put in the park since 2014; not what is coming.

Yeah, and I don't think you got what I was saying either...DC Super Friends/Bugs Bunny Boomtown (2016) were next sequentially, after the Joker/HQ/Batman Backwards in 2015, and HH in 2014. Re-read my comment and you'll see I know exactly what was stated.

Oh FFS

Georgia Cyclone

Mean Streak

Hurler

[attachment=0]hurler.jpg[/attachment]

... eyes on the prize people.

But then there's the footers in the background with no markers which means that it looks like all the footers won't be torn down so horray RMC Cyclone is coming. For some weird reason I think the green will either respresent the track color or something to do with the theme but I could be totally wrong about the green part. Hurlers and mean streaks are marked differently in a slightly different color so I hope this turns out to be a very good, intense, compact RMC. Yeah, also to mention the first commet on the page, talking about the teasers about thinking that it started with hurricane harbor, then this, then D.C. Super friends, then Justice League right before the announcement makes total sense, it's just there to throw us off.

Visited park today and not much happening on Cyclone.

First thing, there are 2 cranes still onsite.

The stress or tie cables on the first drop side are removed from the center ties down. They are just hanging down.

They removed 2 small sections of track to let the cranes inside. There is a section of wheels that is sitting on top of the track between the storage shed and station. Also, it appears track has been removed from the station.

RMC? Maybe?

IMG_0221.thumb.JPG.8bbb6a456ff8b6bef116d9ec6d9b8678.JPG

IMG_0222.thumb.JPG.a1b9071aeae47b56e5b318b8ca18fb15.JPG

Track possible removed from station?

IMG_0223.thumb.JPG.1e680bd26403e6014a76e6e2a611282c.JPG

Some sort of wheel assembly

IMG_0224.thumb.JPG.33b3812765b510060018507015139501.JPG

Visited park today and not much happening on Cyclone.

First thing, there are 2 cranes still onsite.

The stress or tie cables on the first drop side are removed from the center ties down. They are just hanging down.

They removed 2 small sections of track to let the cranes inside. There is a section of wheels that is sitting on top of the track between the storage shed and station. Also, it appears track has been removed from the station.

RMC? Maybe?

Thanks for the update!!!!