TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Ok so we know it's closing. Do we know what they're doing, for sure?

I hate wild speculation as much as anyone and while an RMC conversion hasn't been announced I'd say there's roughly a 100% chance that's what we're looking at here. It's following the pattern of every other RMC conversion to date... first there are markers on the supports, then they announce an early closing date, then people show up and ask how we know for sure it's an RMC conversion, then people will show up and say that the ride is small and compact and not conducive to an RMC conversion so they think it'll suck, then it opens and everyone realizes it's OMFG amazing... lather, rinse, repeat

Ok so we know it's closing. Do we know what they're doing, for sure?

Well, no but this follows the exact same chain of events all previous Six Flags RMC's have: markings on the supports/around the coaster, at some point in July Six Flags announces its closing forever, with no hint at what is replacing it. It's pretty much a given. Not to mention this particular project has been rumored for years.

edit: Bill beat me to it.

Here's the full Good Day Atlanta story.

It's also been posted on the parks website.

Yay! The Southeast will finally have a working RMC!

^^Haha, you're totally right, Bill! Except don't forget that they closed Rolling Thunder for no huge reason

So if GA Cyclone is getting RMC'd, it should be closing soon, yeah? All 5 of these parks announced the closure about a month before closing.

Cyclone at SFNE: Closed on July 20.

Colossus: Closed on August 16.

Roar at SFDK: Closed on August 16.

Medusa: Closed on August 18.

Rattler: Closed on August 5.

My prediction: We will be seeing "Say goodbye to Georgia Cyclone. It will storm out on Aug __" by the end of this month.

Well, alright then, last week's prediction turned out true. Seems like any enthusiast will have an amazing three day weekend next year between SFOG, Carowinds, and Dollywood!

Also I wanna send a huge shoutout to every single douchebag that posted some variation of that "Well Six Flags isn't working with RMC anymore" horsesh*t once work on Hurler & MS started.

Here to remind people of the news package that just came out the other day in which Fred revealed that every new RMC opening in the US for 2018 will have a brand new train design for them. Will be cool to see what they look like!

I will genuinely miss this one. Georgia Cyclone was one of my childhood favorites growing up around Atlanta, and I still like the ride to a degree, but yeah it feels like its about time for it to go. When you look at the current state of the ride, you would swear Six Flags just doesn't want to keep it up anymore. Peeling paint and splintered wood everywhere you look, rides really rough etc. I'm excited to see what RMC does with this.

While I love Georgia Cyclone, I'm really glad RMC is coming back to the Deep South to bring another amazing coaster back and making it better! Also really excited to have an RMC 20 minutes from me!

RMC Cylcone, Goliath, and Mind Bender, what one hell of a triplet.

But after GC closes in several weeks, there will only be 3 left: the original at Coney Island, Viper at SFGAm, and Bandit at Movie Park Germany

And Bandit could close as well and I wouldn't feel a bit sad!

Here to remind people of the news package that just came out the other day in which Fred revealed that every new RMC opening in the US for 2018 will have a brand new train design for them. Will be cool to see what they look like!

This is just adding to the amazing-ness. A new train design would, *I hope*, somehow leave room for Six Flags' seat belts for quicker dispatches.

While I love Georgia Cyclone, I'm really glad RMC is coming back to the Deep South to bring another amazing coaster back and making it better! Also really excited to have an RMC 20 minutes from me!

RMC Cylcone, Goliath, and Mind Bender, what one hell of a triplet.

There's no question I would plan a visit to SFOG next summer if it does turn out to be an RMC makeover. I've only once the park once but it was a very good visit.

This is great news! I'm glad I got to ride it for my first and last time recently, but it will not be missed at all whenever I visit the park again (probably next year!)

2018 is really shaping up to be a stellar year for coasters, esp. in the Cedar Fair chain. With GA Cyclone, Six Flags will add their contribution to the mix.

It's funny how obvious a few key upper management people made this when I got the chance to talk to them about it a few months ago. I just wasn't sure if it would happen for 2018!

I have to say I am REALLY sad to see Georgia Cyclone go. I wish it had the full course topper tracked. It is a great intense coaster that just was rough due to neglect.

RMC Georgia Cyclone will most likely be amazing though so at least a great coaster will be replaced by another great coaster.

I had to clean up this thread today, too. Ugh!

People of TPR, I implore you: Please be respectful of each other.

I now return you to the SFOG Discussion Thread, which is already in progress.

Farewell, Georgia Cyclone!