TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Superman looks great, too bad it isn't running.

My only complaint with Justice League is that random patch of concrete out front surrounded by freshly laid asphalt. Aside from that it looks great.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice report. That’s cool that they’re alerting guests of changing elevations. If only there were some kind of ride that could magically take guests up or down that steep hill near Lickskillet on

Look dude, you're being an ass. I don’t care how you feel about masks, and I don't care what you do at a Six Flags park. I do care that you have been actively encouraging people on Six Flags threads t

I didn't see the photo or video or whatever of what you are all talking about, but standard operating procedure on Manta at SWO is after the trains go into flying position, all ops on platform are sup

Posted Images

^My first thought when I looked at the picture was "Why the f*ck did Six Flags chose to pave a big patch of concrete around new asphalt??"

Jesus Christ - could you make any less sens, SIx Flags?

We must have been on the same cycle of Acrophobia as you. I really thought the op was messing with us when we got to the top and he said "Acrophobia is experiencing technical difficulties." It's not too comfortable for the male gender to be hanging 161 feet in the air for that long. Joking aside the VR on that ride is pretty neat!!

We must have been on the same cycle of Acrophobia as you. I really thought the op was messing with us when we got to the top and he said "Acrophobia is experiencing technical difficulties." It's not too comfortable for the male gender to be hanging 161 feet in the air for that long. Joking aside the VR on that ride is pretty neat!!

Yea I thought he was joking as well, yes the uncomfortableness was the worst part, I probably have only one active sperm left in my entire body.

How late did you end up staying?? I got me some food and left, the lines were great, but I can't handle cold on coasters like I used to be able to lol.

^^^We are going to do a couple laps on cyclone and head out probably around 615. All the coasters finally opened around 330 (except Blue Hawk and Joker Funhouse Coaster) and COLD temps made for light crowds... All in all it was a great day (besides getting stuck @ the top of Acro, AND on Superman for 20 mins on the only train that went out on it all day)!

^^^We are going to do a couple laps on cyclone and head out probably around 615. All the coasters finally opened around 330 (except Blue Hawk and Joker Funhouse Coaster) and COLD temps made for light crowds... All in all it was a great day (besides getting stuck @ the top of Acro, AND on Superman for 20 mins on the only train that went out on it all day)!

Did they finally get Mindbender up and running?? I know it constantly went down all day yesterday, and this morning they had maintenance on the break run. I got 2 laps on Goliath, 2 on Batman, One on Scorcher and Acrophobia today, so it wasn't all that bad for an hour and half at the park, Plus I got 20 something laps in yesterday, Mind bender and Superman are the only coasters I haven't ridden this season. Come to think of it I think Batman, Scream Machine and Scorcher were the only rides not to go down yesterday, being the first day and all I expect some hiccups but it seemed like once something went back up, another one went back down yesterday, but I do have to commend them for getting everything running for the most part.

Did they finally get Mindbender up and running?? I know it constantly went down all day yesterday, and this morning they had maintenance on the break run. I got 2 laps on Goliath, 2 on Batman, One on Scorcher and Acrophobia today, so it wasn't all that bad for an hour and half at the park, Plus I got 20 something laps in yesterday, Mind bender and Superman are the only coasters I haven't ridden this season. Come to think of it I think Batman, Scream Machine and Scorcher were the only rides not to go down yesterday, being the first day and all I expect some hiccups but it seemed like once something went back up, another one went back down yesterday, but I do have to commend them for getting everything running for the most part.

They need to get the kinks out now, prior to spring break and then the summer season

They need to get the kinks out now, prior to spring break and then the summer season

I think some the kinks were definitely related to the cold, while it wasn't freezing yesterday it definitely wasn't as warm as opening weekend past.. The weather down south has been bipolar I live just outside of Nashville and we went from tornado warnings Thursday night to snow Saturday morning.

Yes... Mindbender did get up and running today around 3-330 and she was running beautifully as always. I did notice that Mindbender kept stalling before it went into the station this morning. They would get it out of that position and then it would stall again with the back few cars outside of the station. Maintence was quite busy getting it going this morning, and finally they did.

IMG_20170312_105358655.thumb.jpg.9baddb0a8b3f1e481547a1b62baf1082.jpg

IMG_20170312_114132882.thumb.jpg.09c35ea4a895c6a90e59cc347c3670ae.jpg

Where Mindbender kept stalling

IMG_20170312_102650982.thumb.jpg.582983c2c7508c50609ca330c3b9ae7c.jpg

Happy 50th SFOG

^I cannot tell from the pictures, but did they remove the games that used to be in front of Superman?

No they didn't that was the only attractions on that end of the park that were open most of the day.

^I cannot tell from the pictures, but did they remove the games that used to be in front of Superman?

They removed two game stalls on the end to open the area up in front of JLBFM. Kinda hard to tell by the pictures but if you look close you can tell where they took them out.

20170128_140724.thumb.jpg.b0e7fbaca11f55c48afc3b4b1ffbec7e.jpg

20170128_145534.thumb.jpg.948a47bfa347c050b7e310a1ce9e825d.jpg

We're there any two train ops? Also, I was trying to figure out if I should go at the beginning or end of april (with a flash pass) depending on the operations. Also, is superman finally running three trains? JLBFM looks really nice and definitely revitalized the area.

^ We was told at Winter Warm Up that SFOG started construction a lot earlier than other parks on purpose. The reason being is that it would give The Sally Corp. time to do all the rides and not be stretched so thin trying to so many at one time. So it looks like the others are way behind but really they are on schedule.

Lord knows, the JLBFM's at SFOT and SFSTL have constant maintenance issues requiring Sally Corp's attention. I can't help but wonder how they're going to keep an eye on all these rides with so many of them springing up!

We're there any two train ops? Also, I was trying to figure out if I should go at the beginning or end of april (with a flash pass) depending on the operations. Also, is superman finally running three trains? JLBFM looks really nice and definitely revitalized the area.

On Saturday everything started out with two trains, but I know Cyclone, Mind bender and Goliath all went down to one, I know Goliath was because of a breakdown. On Sunday, I was only there for a bit but Batman was the only thing I witnessed running two trains, it was really dead though because of how cold it was.

To anyone who has been there, Can you post a pic of the Dining Pass guide since the site STILL shows the 2016 version?

I don't have the guide, but I was at the park on opening day and from what I could see, it is similar to last year except there are more snack options, including some big ticket items!

For example, bacon cheddar ranch waffle fries and chicken cheddar ranch waffle fries are both now included as a snack item, even though they cost well over $10. That was a really pleasant surprise. There also doesn't seem to be many exclusions from the meals offered, but I didn't look closely throughout the park.

To anyone who has been there, Can you post a pic of the Dining Pass guide since the site STILL shows the 2016 version?

I don't have the guide, but I was at the park on opening day and from what I could see, it is similar to last year except there are more snack options, including some big ticket items!

For example, bacon cheddar ranch waffle fries and chicken cheddar ranch waffle fries are both now included as a snack item, even though they cost well over $10. That was a really pleasant surprise. There also doesn't seem to be many exclusions from the meals offered, but I didn't look closely throughout the park.

Is it true that there's no longer a 11:30-3:30, 4:30-7:30 but a 90 minute between Lunch & Dinner?

Also, Is it possible/legal to have dinner at White Water AND Six Flags Over Georgia in the same day?

Like I said in my post some of the snacks can be entire meals! It's well worth the price especially since I keep getting the $39 offer for one meal and one snack a day

I eat my lunch later such as 2 - 3 and then grab one of their larger snacks around 6:30 and that's all the food I need for the day

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...