TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Shame it didnt touch down on Georgia Cyclone and rip that turd to shreds.

Georgia Cyclone isn't that bad. Aside from it feeling like it has square wheels during all the turns, the straight parts were pretty good!! . . . Hmmm, straight parts. . .

All Dinn wooden coasters have square wheels: Mean Streak, Hercules, Psyclone, Texas Giant, Etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice report. That’s cool that they’re alerting guests of changing elevations. If only there were some kind of ride that could magically take guests up or down that steep hill near Lickskillet on

Look dude, you're being an ass. I don’t care how you feel about masks, and I don't care what you do at a Six Flags park. I do care that you have been actively encouraging people on Six Flags threads t

I didn't see the photo or video or whatever of what you are all talking about, but standard operating procedure on Manta at SWO is after the trains go into flying position, all ops on platform are sup

Posted Images

Made my first trek if the season to HITP last night. It was chilly, around 40. Park was not crowded, and looked beautiful as always. Good news, all coasters except cyclone was running 2 trains. Mind bender was also running trimless last night, and that final drop hill and loop was just insane!!! It was excellent!

The park hosted a construction tour today. According to this video lots of changes are coming this season:

-Cotton States is becoming Metropolis. Some of the games are being removed while the rest will be updated to this theme.

-GASM and Blue Hawk will be a part of Lickskillet.

The best news:

-Superman: Ultimate Flight will be repainted and will finally have all three trains available for use!

Good news! I know I saw them stripping the third train and someone else saw it back together so that's why! I wonder how long they will keep it at three trains though?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The best news:

-Superman: Ultimate Flight will be repainted and will finally have all three trains available for use!

I'm sure I'm not alone in being surprised by this! I never expected them to run three trains on Superman again! I assume this means that they will return to the duel station operations? Or is the plan to run three trains with the single station operation?

Superman stacks as is meaning if they run all three trains but keep single station operations, it really wouldn't accomplish anything other than people being uncomfortable on the brake run so I'd bet dual station operations

SFOG suffers from some very slow loading coasters and Superman has always been one of the biggest problems. The line moves super slow and there is hardly any shade over there so in the summer time it can be a brutal wait. Getting this coaster up to its optimal use would be wonderful! I wouldn't be surprised if they added a swinging pendulum ride over in the new Metropolis area in the future themed to Wonder Woman. It would be an awesome fit in that area. As for the Lickskillet area, GASM and Blue Hawk doesn't fit that area's theming at all...But it's Six Flags so that's typical, right? Hopefully that area can be the next to get rethemed and hopefully add something in Deja Vu's old spot in the future.

My one concern is that they didn't say they would use all three trains, they just said all three trains will be available.. hopefully they don't keep a third as a backup only.. I know several times this season, one train or half a train has been down so having and extra backup would really help BUT I hope they actually use all three!

The park hosted a construction tour today. According to this video lots of changes are coming this season:

-Cotton States is becoming Metropolis. Some of the games are being removed while the rest will be updated to this theme.

-GASM and Blue Hawk will be a part of Lickskillet.

The best news:

This is truly exciting! I love all the little things SFOG has done over the past year to become a better park.

Thinking way in the future but with HITP next year I wonder if they'll open the back area for operations. Would be a great winter ride with it being indoors and I'm sure they'll want to show off their new toy as much as possible.

Thinking of heading to the park tonight but wont be able to leave until 7 so will be at the park around 8. If anyone is heading to the park tonight could you please give a very quick crowd update please. I'll keep my eye out too on coasterqueue.

Was anyone at the park yesterday, would probably be a decent indicator on how crowded it may be tonight.

Thanks so much for your help!

H

Superman stacks as is meaning if they run all three trains but keep single station operations, it really wouldn't accomplish anything other than people being uncomfortable on the brake run so I'd bet dual station operations

It depends on the crew. I've been a few times since the ride opened where the crews were only stacking 10-15 seconds, if they were stacking at all.

Thinking way in the future but with HITP next year I wonder if they'll open the back area for operations. Would be a great winter ride with it being indoors and I'm sure they'll want to show off their new toy as much as possible.

S:UF was a part of HITP in 2014, and as of now they plan on it and JL:BFM to be running next year for HITP.

I have to admit that Cotton States going away kind of makes me sad. I'm sure everything will be great, but I always loved that section of the park.

It will be interesting to see how they fit Blue Hawk Ninja Kung Fu coaster and the Great American Scream Machine into the Lickskillet section (which is Wild West themed for those of you unfamiliar with the park.)

Honestly I was never a huge fan of what Cotton States became ever since Superman opened. It started to look kinda ugly after a while, so I'm looking forward to the changes. I'm just happy Superman is finally being repainted. It was looking pretty faded, and I REALLY hope they start using both sides of the station should they attempt 3-train operation.

I'm thrilled that we finally have confirmation of Superman having three train operation next year, even though that was pretty much confirmed when I visited a few months ago and saw the new train being put together. The confirmation that the ride will get painted is great as well. It wasn't a cracking mess like Scorcher but it was severely faded.

They REALLY need to paint Scorcher this off season though. It's ridiculously ugly and is the first thing you see while entering the park. Some landscaping under it wouldn't be so bad either.

I'm really sad to see The Cotton States Exposition go but after converting part of it for Hurricane Harbor and then not putting the entrance sign to the area back up over by Sky Screamer, I'm not surprised. I just hate the blurred lines between themes and that area always was well done in my opinion.

Great to hear the food court will expand. They already need it and will certainly need it next year.

Mixed feelings but I'm happy to see some experience and service quality improvement.

But hopefully the food court will be staffed properly or being expanded really doesn't help..

I'll probably plan on getting a meal plan next year again so more food options are great!

With that being said, I received a survey about a very nice new homemade bakery.. Wonder if that will be built in the expanded food court? That would be sweet! If it's anything like the survey it'll be awesome! It also mentioned a chicken place and more pizza but the majority of the survey was for the bakery

^I agree, it is useless if they don't properly staff it and if they don't have efficient processes.

The park REALLY struggled in the service department this past year so they desperately need to improve there. Things like the bakery you mentioned would be great. Really just adding and expanding food locations and staffing them fully would do wonders. There shouldn't be a line 40 people deep for food and if there is it still shouldn't take over an hour.

Yeah, honestly, if their food locations were all open and running at full capacity, it wouldn't need much of an expansion aside from more seating areas. My last visit, half of the locations had been closed and never opened. Eitherway, this will be a great improvement if done correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if they'd ever do this, cuz it's probably been this way since day-1...

I'd love to see GASM's lines (entrance and exit paths) moved to where it makes sense with its being a part of Lickskillet now.

Off-topic, sorta... but the last couple years, I've really enjoyed being able to see GASM from "new angles" in the waterpark. That area feels fresh and happy now.

Attendance data, in relation to past years, would be interesting to know. It seems to me that attendance is way up this year, which adds to the long-food-lines problem. That's on top of the inefficiency problem and the meal-plans which seem to be getting traction.

I see good things ahead for our park. I love it.

Going forward, I'd love to see Splashwater Falls removed and a serious water thrill-ride go in its place. Maybe the same thing, higher PPH, and a steep drop with an actual splash Like the old days. Ha! Not being negative, just dreaming.

After looking at aerial views of the park, I really hope the next major addition will be the first expansion for the water park. I didn't realize it was so tiny.

They really need a lazy river.. a large one like Dollywood Splash County which takes about 15 - 20 minutes to get around!

They are great at "eating people" and allowing anyone to cool off without a wait. (Assuming it's long enough)

^I completely agree with both of you. Hurricane Harbor is nice but very small and it really needs to be expanded. A lazy river is so ideal since the capacity in the water park is so terrible. A family raft ride would also balance out the current offerings very well.

I wouldn't be against seeing a water coaster or maybe a large body slide complex either.