TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Planning to hit a bunch of parks next year and to make it to them all I will need to do some before the summer. Looking at SFOG past schedules, they open for about a 10 day stretch in April with full hours--1030am-8pm. That's not summer hours, but pretty good. During that April window how are the crowds on the weekdays? is it light like early June weekday crowds at most other SF's I've been to or is crowded b/c all the kids go during their school break? Insight would be appreciated.

My plan potentially is to do SFOT in March maybe, SFOG in April possibly, SFMM 1st week of June and Knots Berry, Cedar Point in June when they go to full hours, Kings Island and Canada's Wonderland in July and August. Other secondary targets will be SFGadav(hit in 2016 but in the area often, Dorney Park b/c not far from Gadv and I never have been. SFAm and KD if I have time b/c I will be in DC/ area.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice report. That’s cool that they’re alerting guests of changing elevations. If only there were some kind of ride that could magically take guests up or down that steep hill near Lickskillet on

Look dude, you're being an ass. I don’t care how you feel about masks, and I don't care what you do at a Six Flags park. I do care that you have been actively encouraging people on Six Flags threads t

I didn't see the photo or video or whatever of what you are all talking about, but standard operating procedure on Manta at SWO is after the trains go into flying position, all ops on platform are sup

Posted Images

The only week that SFOG is open before summer is Spring Break for most schools in the Atlanta metro. From my experience, it has always been painfully crowded. They usually run special promotions for Spring Break and the crowds are just ridiculous anyways. I haven't tried the last few years but when I went on a Tuesday during Spring Break a few years back it was crowded. I would say you would have better luck going on a Sunday that isn't during Spring Break.

Keep in mind, this year the park was doing one train ops on almost every coaster in March, so going after Spring Break might be better. Historically March was AMAZING at the park, with empty seats on most coasters. I recall marathoning Goliath without getting up. That doesn't seem to happen anymore though.

It is also worth considering building SFOG into a trip with other parks (Alabama Adventure, Lake Winnie, Dollywood, Carowinds, Wild Adventures ...whichever would be on your route). That obviously depends on what you want and what your time is like, but if I wasn't living in this region and had the time I would want to knock it all out at once if possible. That would only be possible in the summer though.

Yup sounds like the Spring Break week to me as well. I'd say very busy, I made the mistake of going once during spring break

I like the above suggestion as well.. Dollywood is open weekly at that time so visit Dolly during the week and hit up six flags on Sat

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I mean if that is the only week you will be in town, you will still have a great time especially if you buy a flashpass, but expect summer crowds lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you have a season pass refill bottle can you just walk into a hydration station and fill it? I ask because I noticed people with coke wristbands on. What are those for?

I'm pretty sure those are for the folks who just bought the daily refill bottle. You can buy a different colored bottle and get free refills the day of purchase, then be able to refill it gor $.99 each fill or buy a writband For refills for the day for subsequent visits throughout the season. Yes, with the season pass bottle You can just walk up and fill it anywhere.

My prediction is that it will be open the week of April 1st thru the 9th. That's when my daughter's spring break is and is has fallen in line with it every year. Be sure to anticipate buying a FlashPass...that week is worse than any summer Saturday I've seen.

^ Thanks! Yeah I did a beautiful April Saturday earlier this year and it was very busy but with a platinum pass I did whatever the hell I wanted, and would absolutely do that again if needed. I wasn't planning on going back until next winter for HITP but it seems I'll have to be in Atlanta/Athens sooner than I thought. It'll be later in the month so I guess I'll have to hit it up on a Saturday/Sunday but I don't mind as long as platinum FP is an option.

Do we have any idea what week the park will be open for spring break 2017? I just found out I'll be back in Georgia in April.

Dekalb, Cobb, and Fulton county schools are out April 3 - 7th, as well as Atlanta City Schools. Those districts cover the area right around the park.

If you have a season pass refill bottle can you just walk into a hydration station and fill it? I ask because I noticed people with coke wristbands on. What are those for?

Yes, you can just bypass the line/cashier and do your own refill at all three Coke Freestyle locations. Just be courteous to the crowd. On busy days, the free refill at those locations can save you when it takes over 30 minutes often to get through the line at any food location. Last season I ended up waiting 70 minutes to order a meal. If I was just trying to get a refill I would've lost my mind.

Do we have any idea what week the park will be open for spring break 2017? I just found out I'll be back in Georgia in April.

The dates people have mentioned above (first week of April) should be correct. Two or three years ago, the main two counties that visit SFOG had their Spring Breaks on different weeks so the park was open both weeks and that was better, but it has since gone back to one week and is mobbed. It will be painfully busy so I would say just get there before opening if possible for easy entry and Flash Pass retrieval, get Platinum Flash Pass like you mentioned, and still be ready to wait a long time for food.

Refill your SF free refill cup at the three Coke Freestyle locations to avoid waiting for drink refills.

With Flash Pass, you will be assigned the back two rows on Batman and the middle of the train on GASM, so if you want to ride those in preferred seats you would have to hit them early (assuming the process doesn't change). If you get the double ride wristband, be prepared for people in line to scream at you and possibly assault you (both have happened to me LOL).

^ Yeah I did a platinum pass during my visit in April and I had a fantastic day. I did doublerides constantly (sorry I paid $110 for this wristband yall!) and got some dirty looks but nothing more. It wasnt mobbed but it was comfortably busy and I didnt wait for a thing (except the clusterf*ck at Dare Devil Dive). I wont be in town til the 22nd weekend, so it might have to be on a Saturday or Sunday. I'll be there for a wedding so still trying to figure out if a visit is even doable. Would love to visit SFOG again (was planning HITP 2017) even if for a half day for Mindbender, Goliath, Acro, GASM, and Superman rides. And to check out Blue Hawk and get the kiddie Joker coaster and Scorcher creds.

The dates people have mentioned above (first week of April) should be correct. Two or three years ago, the main two counties that visit SFOG had their Spring Breaks on different weeks so the park was open both weeks and that was better, but it has since gone back to one week and is mobbed. It will be painfully busy so I would say just get there before opening if possible for easy entry and Flash Pass retrieval, get Platinum Flash Pass like you mentioned, and still be ready to wait a long time for food.

Refill your SF free refill cup at the three Coke Freestyle locations to avoid waiting for drink refills.

With Flash Pass, you will be assigned the back two rows on Batman and the middle of the train on GASM, so if you want to ride those in preferred seats you would have to hit them early (assuming the process doesn't change). If you get the double ride wristband, be prepared for people in line to scream at you and possibly assault you (both have happened to me LOL).

We had a Platnium Flash Pass on the 10th and they let us choose which row we wanted on Batman, I'm not sure if it's a new thing because that was the first time I've seen them not assign the back rows.

We had a Platnium Flash Pass on the 10th and they let us choose which row we wanted on Batman, I'm not sure if it's a new thing because that was the first time I've seen them not assign the back rows.

^ Yeah I did a platinum pass during my visit in April and I had a fantastic day. I did doublerides constantly (sorry I paid $110 for this wristband yall!) and got some dirty looks but nothing more. It wasnt mobbed but it was comfortably busy and I didnt wait for a thing (except the clusterf*ck at Dare Devil Dive). I wont be in town til the 22nd weekend, so it might have to be on a Saturday or Sunday. I'll be there for a wedding so still trying to figure out if a visit is even doable. Would love to visit SFOG again (was planning HITP 2017) even if for a half day for Mindbender, Goliath, Acro, GASM, and Superman rides. And to check out Blue Hawk and get the kiddie Joker coaster and Scorcher creds.

Well I hope you get the chance to go! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Scorcher! I don't want to overhype it but I absolutely HATED Green Lantern at SFGAdv (which is funny because I didn't mind it as Chang at SFKK back in the day, but I was young) but I LOVE Scorcher. I hope it never gets the floorless convert because I've been on most stand ups and that's the only one I genuinely like, and I actually love it. Great layout, pacing, and solid airtime in a few spots especially riding in the back row left side.

^Interesting! I'm glad to hear that. If they could do the same for GASM that would be great!

I know!! Of the two rows they have roped off for GASM the first one is a lot smoother than the second one.

Very true! Never ride in the third row of any car on GASM. It ruins the ride. It actually really bums me out that 1/3rd of riders come off the ride with a painful and negative experience when it's in fact a great coaster in the other 2/3rds of the train.

This Saturday I'm visiting for the first time and trying to get as many (hopefully all) the credits I can. Any recommendations for how to plan my day? I know DDD and Goliath will probably have the longest lines (especially with VR for DDD) but beyond that, any recommendations?

Also, since it's the second weekend of Fright Fest, are crowds usually higher than usual? I'm on the fence about getting a Flash Pass since I'm not sure when I'll realistically be able to get back to SFOG but if crowds are going to be light or average, I might not waste my money if one isn't needed.

This Saturday I'm visiting for the first time and trying to get as many (hopefully all) the credits I can. Any recommendations for how to plan my day? I know DDD and Goliath will probably have the longest lines (especially with VR for DDD) but beyond that, any recommendations?

Also, since it's the second weekend of Fright Fest, are crowds usually higher than usual? I'm on the fence about getting a Flash Pass since I'm not sure when I'll realistically be able to get back to SFOG but if crowds are going to be light or average, I might not waste my money if one isn't needed.

You will probably need a flash pass. Even if the lines aren't that bad, if this is your one visit in the foreseeable future, it is worth it. Especially considering how bad ops have been at SFOG this season.

I've outlined the perfect way to get through the park without Flash Pass in this thread before a few times. If you want to search for it, it will help. I will tell you normally the gates open 30 minutes early and usually both Cyclone and Scorcher are open at that time. Once the rope drops by Scorcher at opening, go straight to Dare Devil Dive if it is running. If you don't do this the line will be at least two hours but likely more. I've seen it go over 5 hours at which point they ditched the VR. Apparently the ops have improved but it is still a painfully slow line that will eat away at your day.

If Superman is one train you want to hit that early too.

Don't miss out on Acrophobia or Monster Mansion. Both very unique. There are 3 Coke Freestyle locations for easy drink filling if you have/get the souvenir cup. Thunder River is great but closed since they use it for a haunt. Sit in the first or second row of any of the cars on Great American Scream Machine. Cyclone is awesome in the front of the last car if you can handle a bit of a rough ride. The ejector airtime back there is insane.

Goliath doesn't usually have too bad of a line but still hit it early and again later. You will probably want to ride more than once. Back row is my fave but trying front and back is what I would suggest. It's my favorite B&M hyper and I've been on all of them in the U.S. so hopefully you like it too! Solid airtime. Mind Bender is also one to try both front and back. Great coaster!!!