TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice report. That’s cool that they’re alerting guests of changing elevations. If only there were some kind of ride that could magically take guests up or down that steep hill near Lickskillet on

Look dude, you're being an ass. I don’t care how you feel about masks, and I don't care what you do at a Six Flags park. I do care that you have been actively encouraging people on Six Flags threads t

I didn't see the photo or video or whatever of what you are all talking about, but standard operating procedure on Manta at SWO is after the trains go into flying position, all ops on platform are sup

Posted Images

I am impressed to see that DDD is loading 2 cars at a time, this is a recent change. That should speed things up just a hair, as they always loaded one car at a time before.

To the poster above - Sorry Mindbender wasn't your thing... To each his own indeed.

BTW - has anybody seen the most recent member review (posted on 9/14/15) on the Six Flags Over GA TPR page. Very tasteless, and a bit insulting! People are certainly able to express opinions, but I think that should be done with a little class. Can that not be removed?

I am impressed to see that DDD is loading 2 cars at a time, this is a recent change. That should speed things up just a hair, as they always loaded one car at a time before.

To the poster above - Sorry Mindbender wasn't your thing... To each his own indeed.

BTW - has anybody seen the most recent member review (posted on 9/14/15) on the Six Flags Over GA TPR page. Very tasteless, and a bit insulting! People are certainly able to express opinions, but I think that should be done with a little class. Can that not be removed?

That seems like something you would find on trip advisor... not TPR

Visited the park yesterday and had a great time. It's probably my favorite Six Flags park now!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the park so much overall (It remains my favorite park in the chain as well and I'm happy it's my home park). It sounds like between how much you enjoyed the park, how surprisingly empty it was, and how cheap your flight was, it was a perfect trip! I'm jealous!

When did you book the flight and where do you look for those kinds of deals? I've been trying to do the same thing and would love some advice.

As for DDD, if the line is to the bottom of the ramp it is two hours usually from my experience. When the entire queue fills it must be literally 6 hours. I can't even imagine. The capacity has been cut to about 60 people per hour. It's awful.

I'm glad you loved Ninja and Cyclone! I adore them both as well!

Mind Bender is one of my favorite coasters in the world and I adore it, but to each his own.

Sorry about your experience on Great American Scream Machine. I ride it all the time and never find it very rough except in the wheel seats. I actually rank it really high because it is fairly smooth and produces some killer airtime. Hopefully the do some work on it soon because it really is a stand out classic.

I've also never really had an issue with Acrophobia but I know many guys do. For me it just doesn't hurt or really invade that particular part of my body that much.

Did you by chance try Thunder River and Monster Mansion?

Did you by chance try Thunder River and Monster Mansion?

I didn't do Thunder River. I'm not a fan of water rides. I did do Monster Mansion and it was... Cute. Haha.

Also, by chance did you check out the bumper car area?

There's some walls up around it and I think it said something like "GO BIG." I don't remember exactly what it said, but it was pretty generic and didn't give hints as to what it could be.

I actually hadn't seen it. But I'm a bit disappointed that the new ride isn't a coaster.

You are dissapointed. You want every addition to be a coaster? How old are you?

This shouldn't surprise anyone that we're getting Justice League, but I do say that I appreciate Six Flags adding to and updating all the themed sections of the park and not really taking out any huge rides. Sure, it sucked seeing Wheelie, Shake, Rattle, and Roll, and the Bumper Cars go, but at least money is being invested into this park, and there are quality rides that went into their places instead of just empty plots everywhere.

I am actually excited about justice league. I enjoy rides like that.. yeah I feel it isn't an anniversary style ride for the park but I'm sure it will be a big hit for the park

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I actually hadn't seen it. But I'm a bit disappointed that the new ride isn't a coaster.

JL Rides are REALLY good. I didn't think I would like them at all, but they are REALLY well themed and fun. Close to/on par with Disney.

Being the anniversary I wonder if they have any additions planned for Hurricane Harbor this winter as well? they could surprise us with something!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So there we go. JLs to SFOG and SFGAdv this year.

I like this news. It's good to see more interest in dark rides in parks outside of Disney and Universal.

With the family additions they got this year and the Justice League they're really rounding out the park well. I know everyone wants an Iron Horse Cycloe or GASM but I think they're both incredible coasters the way they are, if we are to get a Rocky Mountain addition in the coming years I would like a custom built one from the ground up.

I hope there's a hurricane harbor additon along with justice league. It's needed

I doubt it. Justice League is a pretty serious investment on its own. If you haven't been on it before, it's a seriously great ride. Best dark ride I've ever been on, bar none. Though I should stipulate that I haven't been to Universal or Disney (hoping to remedy that possibly this fall!).

So there we go. JLs to SFOG and SFGAdv this year.

I like this news. It's good to see more interest in dark rides in parks outside of Disney and Universal.

Me too. I'm glad to see the company take several steps to really round out the offerings at each of their parks.

It'll be nice to have another high quality dark ride to pair with Monster Mansion to help spread out guests trying to cool down in the Georgia summer heat.

To go along with that, it's awesome that Monster Mansion is NOT going away for this addition!