TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

If they go with a Free Fly I will be massively let down, but I'll still have a few other coasters at the park worth riding and it's still my current home park. Still sucks to see so many Six Flags parks getting RMCs the last few years only to get skipped yet again especially since we haven't gotten a major coaster at SFOG in years since DDD.

Have you rode a Free Fly? The one in San Antonio was awesome! I'd love a Free Fly.

If they go with a Free Fly I will be massively let down, but I'll still have a few other coasters at the park worth riding and it's still my current home park. Still sucks to see so many Six Flags parks getting RMCs the last few years only to get skipped yet again especially since we haven't gotten a major coaster at SFOG in years since DDD.

Would you feel let down if you got the first RMC TREX Coaster? There's not a whole lot of current information about the footpaths of these to know if it would fit in the space outlined above. I heard the footpaths were smaller, but I guess we'll see.

Have you rode a Free Fly? The one in San Antonio was awesome! I'd love a Free Fly.

Yes, and I will again in a few weeks with Joker, but I'm not a fan. Ride it for the credit and move on, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure a Free Fly would be a crowd pleaser, I'd just love to see something else.

Would you feel let down if you got the first RMC TREX Coaster? There's not a whole lot of current information about the footpaths of these to know if it would fit in the space outlined above. I heard the footpaths were smaller, but I guess we'll see.

I would feel ecstatic to get an RMC 40 minutes from my house, especially when the nearest 2 are 4 1/2 and 6+ hours away with Lightning Rod, and Storm Chaser, and BOTH I was supposed to be riding this spring and neither worked out, with LR being delayed and my trip to KK getting canceled. I will of course reschedule and make it there as soon as I can, but I would love to be able to get off of work, go to the park, grab a bite, and ride an RMC. That sounds like heaven.

I like the look of the T-Rex design, but SFOG doesn't need another low capacity ride. We just got DDD in 2011. While the T-Rex design looks awesome, I don't think it is designed for a higher capacity park. I realize we got 4 B&M's but still, I'm hoping for a coaster that can move people through quickly.

And maybe, just maybe...We get a new RMC like SFGAm did built from scratch. I'd be okay with that too. Or Premier? Six Flags built two of those in California recently. Sky Rocket II or LSM catapult coaster maybe?

Edited by The Geek Mojo

Yeah, and they only said they're going to tell us what is history, NOT what is new. You'll have to wait until Sept. 1st to hear that. And Six Flags doesn't do unique. They do clones.

Idk they've done more one of a kind RMCs in the last 5 years than anyone.

67865336.jpg

I don't think that's what this is, but Six Flags has proven to be unique and cutting edge in at least that one area!

Yeah, and they only said they're going to tell us what is history, NOT what is new. You'll have to wait until Sept. 1st to hear that. And Six Flags doesn't do unique. They do clones.

67865336.jpg

I don't think that's what this is, but Six Flags has proven to be unique and cutting edge in at least that one area!

Batman *drops mic*

67865336.jpg

Thursday is just the announcement to what is closing, not to what is to come. I thought the Tweet was pretty clear about this.

67865336.jpg

Thursday is just the announcement to what is closing, not to what is to come. I thought the Tweet was pretty clear about this.

It was. But enthusiasts....

There's a lot of "what enthusiasts want" going on in this thread, very little consideration for what the park thinks might work best for them and stay within whatever budget they are working with. The GP eat up the free spins, in their eyes they are unique. I think, that just like the Larson loopers, we'll see the free spins slowly spread out throughout the chain.

I like the look of the T-Rex design, but SFOG doesn't need another low capacity ride. We just got DDD in 2011. While the T-Rex design looks awesome, I don't think it is designed for a higher capacity park. I realize we got 4 B&M's but still, I'm hoping for a coaster that can move people through quickly.

So a Free Fly would be pretty bad for that. I thought the T Rex design was the 2 across hyper coaster style track, and the Raptor was the single seat, clone only, smaller version for small parks. Unless they just dropped the 2 across mono track design all together. Anyway, whatever it ends up being, I'd prefer it be something with a unique layout, but that's just my preference/opinion. Guess we'll have to wait a few months to find out. Once we know for sure what's getting torn down, and have a better idea of how much room will become available, it make make some options more clear. Time will tell I guess.

There's a lot of "what enthusiasts want" going on in this thread, very little consideration for what the park thinks might work best for them and stay within whatever budget they are working with. The GP eat up the free spins, in their eyes they are unique. I think, that just like the Larson loopers, we'll see the free spins slowly spread out throughout the chain.

You know that's a really great point. Funny enough I actually love both El Diablo and Jokers Chaos Coaster, so clearly not all clones are bunko. I think it's just so early and so up in the air that it's hard not to throw in what we as enthusiasts would love to see. I guess if we all got it our way there would be nothing but Giga coasters and dippin dots haha.

So a Free Fly would be pretty bad for that. I thought the T Rex design was the 2 across hyper coaster style track, and the Raptor was the single seat, clone only, smaller version for small parks. Unless they just dropped the 2 across mono track design all together. Anyway, whatever it ends up being, I'd prefer it be something with a unique layout, but that's just my preference/opinion. Guess we'll have to wait a few months to find out. Once we know for sure what's getting torn down, and have a better idea of how much room will become available, it make make some options more clear. Time will tell I guess.

You know that's a really great point. Funny enough I actually love both El Diablo and Jokers Chaos Coaster, so clearly not all clones are bunko.

The raptor is the smaller version, but like I said earlier I don't know how large of a footprint the T-REX has either. It looks smaller, but still packs a punch.

So a Free Fly would be pretty bad for that.

bart-simpson-generator.jpg.2e9b73188473f8c4a85cfaf49e41702a.jpg

Exhibit A:

So a Free Fly would be pretty bad for that.

[attachment=0]bart-simpson-generator.jpg[/attachment]

Exhibit A:

To achieve higher capacity you need the help of the Justice League Team!

I'm still trying to figure out how three people quoted my last post in a response, and yet none of the responses made any sense in relation to my post...

However...

Exhibit A:

So much this! I couldn't believe they put VR on that ride, of all their options!

I'm still trying to figure out how three people quoted my last post in a response, and yet none of the responses made any sense in relation to my post...

However...

Exhibit A:

So much this! I couldn't believe they put VR on that ride, of all their options!

To be fair, there have been worse choices to VR (COUGH COUGH SUPERMAN THE RIDE COUGH COUGH NUMBER 1/2 HYPER COASTER IN THE WORLD DOESN'T NEED A VR GIMMICK COUGH COUGH)

Great American Scream Machine wouldn't be a great RMC. They go for twister layouts, not out-and backs.

Does anyone agree with me that Georgia Cyclone is way rougher? Sadly, it hasn't been open for 30+ years so that's probably not an option

WAIT! They said 30+ years. Key(sorta)word: PLUS And Splashwater Falls has only been 30 years exactly, so I don't think that's going either, but I wouldn't care.

Honestly, I would most like Dahlonega Mine Train removed, because of the roller coasters operating for 30+ years, that is the roughest. Plus it takes up a lot of space

EDIT:

Splashwater Falls and Dahlonega Mine Train are right next to each other! They never said anything that it wouldn't be two attractions, so I have a feeling that these two will bite the dust for a big new expansion

As for what it would be, I would say that with such a big area, an S&S Free Spin is too large. And since Georgia Cyclone won't be closing, then my choice would be a Premier Launched Coaster. Like Full Throttle, not the SkyRocket II models

Yeah even though the "clue" they gave technically doesn't disqualify Scream Machine I don't see that being the ride. When SF has closed wood coasters (for conversions or demolition) they've given at least some sort of notice or acknowledgment, if not a celebration (Rolling Thunder being the least amount of time but they did announce its closure beforehand).

Six Flags makes some weird decisions sometimes but they aren't going to hurt randomly close a major coaster like this permanently without letting people know beforehand. And RMC's have always closed in July or August after NTaG.

Just my $.02

I don't think they'll touch Scream Machine. It's 43 years old this year, and it's a true classic. One of the best coasters to come out of the Renaissance era and my personal favorite John Allen coaster. It's a special ride for the park.