TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

The butterfly element looks like it pull a lot of laterals. Does it?

It does not pull very high laterals from my experience, but it is very disorienting in a good way! You basically change direction four times. If you have been on Tennessee Tornado, its very similar to that vertical loop in my opinion, just with two loops instead of one.

My personal opinion of Ninja is that it is a great, unique and intense multi-looper that will hopefully live on for a long time. The refurbished Arrow trains have made the ride considerably smoother and they look great. It has a few kinks in the track, and it may provide headbanging to shorter guests, but I never have a problem with it and it's smoother than almost any Arrow or Vekoma looper I've ever been on.

The butterfly element looks like it pull a lot of laterals. Does it?

It's actually more vertical gs than lateral. I haven't been on the butterfly on ninja, but I've been on the one on Tennessee tornado at Dollywood and the secion between the two inversions of the butterfly was one of the most forceful spots on a coaster I've ever been on.

I'm coming to visit SFOG from my home park of SFSTL. I was wondering if the park has "preferred parking" which is a parking lot closer to the entrance gate for a small additional fee.

Thanks in advance!!!

I'm coming to visit SFOG from my home park of SFSTL. I was wondering if the park has "preferred parking" which is a parking lot closer to the entrance gate for a small additional fee.

Thanks in advance!!!

Yes It Does. I believe all Six Flags do.

Regular: $20

Preferred: $25

I pre-purchased one of the free refill sports bottles. In the past, I have always been able to leave this on the unload platform. In planning this current trip (and of course, after I purchased the non-refundable bottle), I have read that this is specifically prohibited on Goliath, Georgia Scorcher, Georgia Cyclone, and Superman. So, I would need to use one of the ride lockers to hold my bottle during the ride, I think. It's been a few years since I was there, so I am new to these ride lockers. We won't have "non-riders". I tried to email SFOG's customer service to check on this, but all they kept telling me was about $13 and up all day lockers.

Other than the 4 rides listed above, do any other rides prohibit sports bottles in line and left on the unload platform? If so, which ones? For rides where the locker is required, how do the lockers work? Is it $1 per ride? Is there any type of "all-day" ride locker payment (not the big $13 and up lockers)? Do the lockers take credit card?

Thanks.

(also, I now know why I couldn't find any information about this before, because I wasn't searching for "fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo" )

Trying to plan a trip for later this year. Is this calender correct? Does this park really stop daily operation in the beginning of August? :/

https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/plan-your-visit/park-operating-schedule

School down there starts back up mid-August, not early September like it does by us.

Were all of the coasters open for Holiday in the Park last year? Wondering if I should just push it back and go then. Then again airfare for mid-August is not too bad right now.

I pre-purchased one of the free refill sports bottles. In the past, I have always been able to leave this on the unload platform. In planning this current trip (and of course, after I purchased the non-refundable bottle), I have read that this is specifically prohibited on Goliath, Georgia Scorcher, Georgia Cyclone, and Superman. So, I would need to use one of the ride fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo to hold my bottle during the ride, I think. It's been a few years since I was there, so I am new to these ride fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. We won't have "non-riders". I tried to email SFOG's customer service to check on this, but all they kept telling me was about $13 and up all day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.

Other than the 4 rides listed above, do any other rides prohibit sports bottles in line and left on the unload platform? If so, which ones? For rides where the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo is required, how do the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo work? Is it $1 per ride? Is there any type of "all-day" ride fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo payment (not the big $13 and up fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo)? Do the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo take credit card?

Thanks.

(also, I now know why I couldn't find any information about this before, because I wasn't searching for "fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo" )

SFOG prohibits loose articles on the 4 rides you listed but not sport bottles. There are containers on the exit platform that you can put your bottle in for ALL rides.

Were all of the coasters open for Holiday in the Park last year? Wondering if I should just push it back and go then. Then again airfare for mid-August is not too bad right now.

All coasters were open for Holiday in the Park except the Gotham City Coasters and Ninja and Great American Scream Machine. This years HITP is supposed to be bigger then last years so i would expect more coasters to be open.

I pre-purchased one of the free refill sports bottles. In the past, I have always been able to leave this on the unload platform. In planning this current trip (and of course, after I purchased the non-refundable bottle), I have read that this is specifically prohibited on Goliath, Georgia Scorcher, Georgia Cyclone, and Superman. So, I would need to use one of the ride fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo to hold my bottle during the ride, I think. It's been a few years since I was there, so I am new to these ride fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. We won't have "non-riders". I tried to email SFOG's customer service to check on this, but all they kept telling me was about $13 and up all day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.

Other than the 4 rides listed above, do any other rides prohibit sports bottles in line and left on the unload platform? If so, which ones? For rides where the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo is required, how do the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo work? Is it $1 per ride? Is there any type of "all-day" ride fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo payment (not the big $13 and up fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo)? Do the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo take credit card?

Thanks.

SFOG prohibits loose articles on the 4 rides you listed but not sport bottles. There are containers on the exit platform that you can put your bottle in for ALL rides.

Yup this answer is correct.. I always get the bottles.. Now they have a new one that offers free refills all summer long!!

But again, all rides have a place for them without purchasing a locker.. The rides mentioned only have the loose article policy for bags, cameras, and other like items but not bottles

Trying to plan a trip for later this year. Is this calender correct? Does this park really stop daily operation in the beginning of August? :/

https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/plan-your-visit/park-operating-schedule

Unlike a lot of parks, six flags depends on high school students to operate.. I'm sure they would love to be open during the week but as soon as school starts they just can't be.. That's why they stop operations during the week in August and are only open on weekends

Thanks.

Yup this answer is correct.. I always get the bottles.. Now they have a new one that offers free refills all summer long!!

But again, all rides have a place for them without purchasing a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.. The rides mentioned only have the loose article policy for bags, cameras, and other like items but not bottles

Yeah, that's the bottle I got. It is sounding like the good deal I thought it was now that I won't need to use any "bunnies". We won't have other loose articles (just cargo shorts and the sports bottle).

Thanks coastert and dstephe9.

Seems like Screamscape is thinking we could be in line for another dark ride next year. Any thoughts on that? I was hoping we could have gotten RMC Cyclone or another coaster in general to compete with Fury 325 and Dollywood's RMC.