TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

The people on this site baffle me. Everyone bitches and complains about Carowinds getting a record breaking coaster but then turn around and say that it is great that SFOG is getting 2 normal, run of the mill rides you can ride at any carnival? WTH?

Parks like MM, GAm and SFFT are getting major coasters within 2 years of each other and parks like SFOG are haven't had anything since 11 and even that wasn't major. I am not a "we should get a new coaster every year" person, but come on if you are going to give us a flat, at least make it worth our time (giant frisbee or screamin' swing.) I, for one, will not be buying a SF season pass next year. All my money is going to Dollywood and Cedar Fair since they are the one's building good rides!!!

I searched the threads to see if anyone caught it, but I guess the major coasters overshadowed it. Anyways, I'm not sure if anyone caught that Six Flags White Water is to also receive Dive Bomber drop capsule speed slide.

Edit: I totally breezed through the paragraphs and didn't see it... Yes, it'll replace Cliffhanger.

-----

Ten Story Super-Thrilling Water Slide to Make a Giant Splash at Six Flags White Water in 2015

Tallest Slide at the Park Featuring Nearly 90 Degree Drop

MARIETTA, Ga. — August 28, 2014 — Six Flags White Water will make an enormous splash in 2015 with the addition of Dive Bomber, an electrifying capsule water slide towering 10 stories tall. Dive Bomber will take the existing Cliffhanger attraction to new heights and become the tallest water slide ever built at the South’s Most Thrilling Water Park.

“We are excited to introduce Dive Bomber at White Water as one of the most intense water slides in the south,” said Six Flags Atlanta Properties park president Dale Kaetzel. “It will test the courage of all thrill-seekers and our guests with an adrenaline rush never experienced before at the park, when it is least expected.”

The daringly tall water slide, Dive Bomber, will feature:

An enclosed, clear capsule with a trap door that releases riders for a zero-gravity experience

A tower more than 100 feet above the lush tree line of the park

A nearly 90 degree drop

Speeds of more than 40 miles per hour

Park enthusiasts can follow the construction of Dive Bomber on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/sixflagswhitewater and on Twitter at

(link is external). In addition, guests can follow the construction of the two new attractions at White Water’s sister park, Six Flags Over Georgia, at http://www.facebook.com/sixflagsovergeorgia.

For more information about additional upcoming 2015 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a highlight video, visit http://www.sixflags.com/2015news.

dive_bomber_sfww_key_art.thumb.jpg.d0c7718b403926dfbec371f4fbe385e6.jpg

Edited by Midgetman82

I searched the threads to see if anyone caught it, but I guess the major coasters overshadowed it. Anyways, I'm not sure if anyone caught that Six Flags White Water is to also receive Dive Bomber drop capsule speed slide.

Edit: I totally breezed through the paragraphs and didn't see it... Yes, it'll replace Cliffhanger.

-----

Ten Story Super-Thrilling Water Slide to Make a Giant Splash at Six Flags White Water in 2015

MARIETTA, Ga. — August 28, 2014 — Six Flags White Water will make an enormous splash in 2015 with the addition of Dive Bomber, an electrifying capsule water slide towering 10 stories tall. Dive Bomber will take the existing Cliffhanger attraction to new heights and become the tallest water slide ever built at the South’s Most Thrilling Water Park.

NO! That's so annoying! I've never ridden Cliff Hanger, but it looks awesome seeing that drop once you push yourself forward over the edge. And to think that that awesome name will be turned to Dive Bomber makes me even more infuriated! I totally feel ripped off - kind of what Over Texas's water park did a few years ago, but at least they kept one side of their drop slide without the capsule for the variety...

I can see the name for Georgia Cyclone's RMC. Georgia's Wicked Cyclone. Very easy name to figure out without getting too creative. Total Six Flags style.

To be honest I really think we are next for the RMC treatment. If white water got this new huge attraction, than I would think we would be next for something large. Add leafs I hope!

I just realized that if these rides are actually popular, I could lose my chance for some awesome short lines for Mind Bender and Batman. Also, isn't this the firat ride addition to the area since the creation of the area?

Yep, nothing had been added to Gotham city since BATMAN: The Ride. The stunt show use to be in the axis arena. I wonder what they will do with that since there adding two new attractions?

-----

NO! That's so annoying! I've never ridden Cliff Hanger, but it looks awesome seeing that drop once you push yourself forward over the edge. And to think that that awesome name will be turned to Dive Bomber makes me even more infuriated! I totally feel ripped off - kind of what Over Texas's water park did a few years ago, but at least they kept one side of their drop slide without the capsule for the variety...

Honestly what they're doing now is awesome. Those floor drop slides are much better and less dull than the "over the edge" ones.

-----

Honestly what they're doing now is awesome. Those floor drop slides are much better and less dull than the "over the edge" ones.

I just feel like it's a total rip off. It's like taking a coaster, turning it backwards and repainting it, and calling it new.

-----

I just feel like it's a total rip off. It's like taking a coaster, turning it backwards and repainting it, and calling it new.

So making a old roller coaster/water slide better is a bad thing?

That's like hating on an RMC remake because they couldn't think of an original name.

-----

.... I feel like I've seen this somewhere before.

I was just on SFOG's Facebook page reading the comments of reactions to their new Sky Loop and Tilt-a-Whirl, and my gosh, there are absolutely no positive reactions. Everyone is just whining and complaining about it. Also, I actually got mad when I saw people complaining that they think SFOG is a neglected park, and I think that shows that some SFOG fans are just really ungrateful. I'd be ecstatic if my local park (Valleyfair) had some of SFOG's coasters. Besides, I don't think the Sky Loop looks that boring. It looks like it could have some good hangtime at the top.

Edited by VF15

SFOG had a similar ride to Joker's Chaos for several years (Looping Starship) that stood over where Goliath's brake run sits now. I have ridden a SuperLoop at a mall carnival before, and they are actually quite fun. The hangtime is quite a cool feeling, so I think it will be a good addition. Plus, it's a new flat ride! Finally!!

The empty black-top lot in front of axis arena that would be the perfect spot for Joker's Chaos (big circle), and the tilt-a-whirl (?) will probably go over where the remote control race cars are (little circle).

344872221_ScreenShot2014-08-29at12_18_24AM.png.5ec586f636fe14ab51cc9105ec381e89.png

I think if Six Flags could pull off a Gotham Carnival style look for these two new rides, then this might actually be the most theming Six Flags has had in any of their parks. You have to admit, the area is already one of the better themed Gotham zones out of all the Six Flags parks.

Rip off or not, I for one am excited to see a drop capsule and maybe some extra height added to Cliffhanger. Also, we clearly needed more flats, so the Tilt-A-Whirl and Super Loop seem like solid additions to our lineup. For 2016, I think it has to be time for RMC to make the trip down south. It will be five years since Dare Devil, RMC is obviously making their way through the chain (I believe I read on the SFStl thread that they have exclusive licensing with Six Flags, which makes sense) and that will set us up nicely to celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2017 much like SFGAm is doing for 2015 with the new hotness of their Goliath still nice and fresh.

Rip off or not, I for one am excited to see a drop capsule and maybe some extra height added to Cliffhanger. Also, we clearly needed more flats, so the Tilt-A-Whirl and Super Loop seem like solid additions to our lineup. For 2016, I think it has to be time for RMC to make the trip down south. It will be five years since Dare Devil, RMC is obviously making their way through the chain (I believe I read on the SFStl thread that they have exclusive licensing with Six Flags, which makes sense) and that will set us up nicely to celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2017 much like SFGAm is doing for 2015 with the new hotness of their Goliath still nice and fresh.

It seems like since New England and magic mountain are getting RMC treatments this year, over Texas and fiesta texas already have them, Great America has a custom one. So I think 2016 it will be over Georgia with the conversion of our cyclone and St. Louis with the conversion of the boss. Oh and forgot to mention that great adventure has el toro.

Glad to see new flats for a Six Flags park, here's hoping the overcrowded waterpark absorbs even more guests and lines in 2016.

At SFOG almost every coaster is a great example of it's genre which has the collection really rounded. I would far rather see them put in a top ten coaster someday than spend good money on a small coaster or gimmick.