TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

From my understanding Goliath was down for 'maintenance' !

Hopefully I'll catch it on my next trip!

Alright I will look into going in September, I don't mind the heat, I am from the caribbean and I currently live in Orl very bipolar weather lol but again I will take your advice, my worry is more of the attendance and not being able to enjoy it as much, and well the weather, but not much I can do..

If I weren't so deathly afraid of swinging around 200+ feet in the air I'd totally sign up for the media event. I wish there were some more low-to-the-ground thrill rides at the park. Hopefully we'll get some soon.

Lol I highly doubt any of that! Although it would be nice. But we all know for some odd reason six flags won't remove ninja no matter how many bad reports and complaints are made!

With the chain issue that Ninja has now, they wouldn't be fixing it if they were just going to replace now. I think the repair work by itself shows it isn't going anywhere for a few years.. not that I ever believed it would.

Has anyone else heard any rumors about Acrophobia closing at the end of the season,?? Also has anyone heard any rumors or speculations as far as the 2014 season coming up?

Nope, but I did just get a new attraction survey from them. Not sure I can comment on the questions they were asking, but in my comments I suggested they add an RMC coaster. With the amazing work it looks like RMC is doing, would love to see something from them at SFoG.

Has anyone else heard any rumors about Acrophobia closing at the end of the season,?? Also has anyone heard any rumors or speculations as far as the 2014 season coming up?

Nope, but I did just get a new attraction survey from them. Not sure I can comment on the questions they were asking, but in my comments I suggested they add an RMC coaster. With the amazing work it looks like RMC is doing, would love to see something from them at SFoG.

I took the survey too. I wonder how they got my email as I've only been to one Six Flags park (Magic Mountain) and I've never owned a pass.

Went to the media day today through macc and had a great time. Skyscremer loks intimidating but is really a great ride and not near as bad as it looks. This is going to be a great addition to the park. They did a thing at media day about pigs flying and even had a bunch of people ride dressed as pigs which was kinda cute.

All in all it was a good time and an awesome new ride.

Went to the media day today through macc and had a great time. Skyscremer loks intimidating but is really a great ride and not near as bad as it looks. This is going to be a great addition to the park. They did a thing at media day about pigs flying and even had a bunch of people ride dressed as pigs which was kinda cute.

What could you see from the top of the ride? Practically everything at the park?

What could you see from the top of the ride? Practically everything at the park?

Easily everything in the park as well as the atlanta skyline. Was hard to make out a lot of the distant stuf because of how quickly the ride was spinning. The close stuff like the park looked great though. Really great views.

Wish I could have done this today as well. I am working on getting the nerve up to ride this. I am still shocked I got on Windseeker at Carowinds last month-although I got a last minute reprieve from conquering this irrational fear I have of mega-tall swing rides as it broke down before the ride started.

Hi all. Just wanted to update an answer to a question I asked during spring break about early entry into SFOG with the new Gold Season Pass. They let us in 30 minutes early although, like in previous years, you aren't allows past the train bridges just past the Georgia Scorcher and the Georgia Cyclone and the only ride open during that time is the Cyclone. We got to ride the Cyclone several times with one time being just me and my 2 daughters which created a "I'm super-rich and rented the whole park for myself" type moment. LOL! While I do wish they'd open up more of the park during the 30 minute early entry, I'll take it. As everyone knows, riding the Cyclone first thing can be risky as even with the track repairs (which are great BTW), a wrong landing on the back rest going down one of those later hills can create some serious back pain for the rest of your visit. Glad that didn't happen this time and it was a wonderful 1st visit of many to the park this year.

I found this cool video on the Skyscreamer media day.

Also I got a survey the other day and it asked about what type of characters you like to see the most and what type of themed family ride you would like to see from choices were scooby do, looney tunes, hot wheels, even zombies.

Went to sixflags today and noticed that batman was very smooth and it was extremely quiet! It sounded just like dragon challenge at IOA. Skyscreamer s line was about a 3 hour wait. Smh and the park was extremely crowded. I must say though the new paint in Gotham city is really nice. But all the ride operators were EXTREMELY SLOW! Sixflags really needs to work on that.

^This was posted three posts back:

Hi all. Just wanted to update an answer to a question I asked during spring break about early entry into SFOG with the new Gold Season Pass. They let us in 30 minutes early although, like in previous years, you aren't allows past the train bridges just past the Georgia Scorcher and the Georgia Cyclone and the only ride open during that time is the Cyclone. We got to ride the Cyclone several times with one time being just me and my 2 daughters which created a "I'm super-rich and rented the whole park for myself" type moment.
Edited by ernierocker

Hi all. Just wanted to update an answer to a question I asked during spring break about early entry into SFOG with the new Gold Season Pass. They let us in 30 minutes early although, like in previous years, you aren't allows past the train bridges just past the Georgia Scorcher and the Georgia Cyclone and the only ride open during that time is the Cyclone. We got to ride the Cyclone several times with one time being just me and my 2 daughters which created a "I'm super-rich and rented the whole park for myself" type moment. LOL! While I do wish they'd open up more of the park during the 30 minute early entry, I'll take it. As everyone knows, riding the Cyclone first thing can be risky as even with the track repairs (which are great BTW), a wrong landing on the back rest going down one of those later hills can create some serious back pain for the rest of your visit. Glad that didn't happen this time and it was a wonderful 1st visit of many to the park this year.

That's good to hear. I like it when I'm the only one on a ride.

Went to sixflags today and noticed that batman was very smooth and it was extremely quiet! It sounded just like dragon challenge at IOA. Skyscreamer s line was about a 3 hour wait. Smh and the park was extremely crowded. I must say though the new paint in Gotham city is really nice. But all the ride operators were EXTREMELY SLOW! Sixflags really needs to work on that.

When I visited earlier in the season Batman was smooth, but VERY loud. Louder than I remember from previous seasons.

• 4 weeks later...