TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice report. That’s cool that they’re alerting guests of changing elevations. If only there were some kind of ride that could magically take guests up or down that steep hill near Lickskillet on

I didn't see the photo or video or whatever of what you are all talking about, but standard operating procedure on Manta at SWO is after the trains go into flying position, all ops on platform are sup

Look dude, you're being an ass. I don’t care how you feel about masks, and I don't care what you do at a Six Flags park. I do care that you have been actively encouraging people on Six Flags threads t

Posted Images

Certainly. I believe that Intamin sold...two of them in the United States, one here and the other at Six Flags over Texas. Opryland had a similar ride, but I'm not sure if Intamin made that one. The Barnstormers were big rides but had incredible capacity, 60 passengers per cycle.

I am just now catching up on this. This makes me sad! Wheelie is one of my all-time favorites. It was always my mother's favorite ride, and I remember when she finally got me on it I was scared to death! But I've loved it ever since. So sad to see it go, and for a ride I probably will never have the nerve to get on. Why is Ninja still hanging around but Wheelie has to go?

I figured this would be the place to mention some outstanding service I got at the park this past Sunday (9/23). We flew down to Atlanta to see Pearl Jam on 9/22, and in order to have some time in Atlanta I booked the return flight for Sunday evening. I passed on the opportunity to rent a car because I just didn't want to deal with that. We ended up taking a taxi from Midtown (our hotel was on the other side of I-75 from Bobby Dodd Stadium (Georgia Tech). Cab was $30 to get out there, and our intention was to go straight to the airport afterwards, so we had all of our stuff with us. In order to keep that as easy and hassle-free as possible, I resigned myself to dropping another $30-$40 on a cab.

At the gate, obviously we had to have our backpacks checked, and the lady doing so struck up a conversation about why we were walking around with backpacks filled to the brim with everything you could imagine. We told her about why we were in Georgia and that we're flying back later, we took a cab there and didn't have anywhere to leave our stuff- without even asking she tells us about how we could take MARTA on the way back instead of a cab, and goes over all the details. She tells us that she'll write everything out for us and leave it at Lost & Found for us to pick up. Sure enough, a little later in the day- there it was, just as she told us it would be. I wish I had thought to get her name, but all I remember is that she was working near the gate checking bags at around noon-1 pm. She absolutely didn't have to take the time to do it, and I imagine most people wouldn't, but she did, and we were both very appreciative of it.

I took a few pictures here and there, maybe I'll write out a little about how the day went- as there were a few things worth mentioning.

???? - Future Attraction Survey - (9/28/12) Over the past few weeks, Six Flags over Georgia has been conducting some online guest surveys regarding future park attractions. Many of the questions being asked seem related to the concept of building an official waterpark area on SFOG property that would be included for free with regular park admission.

The park did quiz some guests in select surveys to find out if there was any interest in other attraction concepts. New attractions mentioned include: a Batman simulator ride, new Bumper Cars, 400 ft drop tower ride, Hypercoaster, Extra Large Fun House, New Dolphin Show, New Flipping/Spinning Coaster, New kiddie area with 4-5 kiddie rides, indoor interactive shooting dark ride, or a new Cirque style show.

However, they asked guests to pick their preference between the park adding every one of these new possible attraction concepts vs the new water park area.

400ft. drop tower? We're forgetting a height restriction, right and Acrophobia?

Today, I visited my old stomping grounds to ride Wheelie a few times. I'll miss this ride, and I hope that SFOG gets more flats in the future.

A quick side note: I finally got to ride Georgia Cyclone with its new topper track. It feels amazing! The ride was butter smooth the whole way before going back to its old track, and I also noticed several construction markings along the rest of the layout. Now that could be anything, but I'm hoping it's a sign that more topper track is on the way. Georgia Cyclone really needs this. I saw a few spots where the track showed a lot of wear and tear. It would be great if it got a fresh coat of paint as well!

Anyways, here are some pictures I took of Wheelie. Feel free to use these images as wallpaper it you'd like.

P1010549.thumb.JPG.87159393bc9b230cb46ea36954421a9e.JPG

P1010547.thumb.JPG.06d781ee083d181e550668bf3010545b.JPG

P1010550.thumb.JPG.f0de8e79b42a70f8dd648de4c3c451a8.JPG

P1010551.thumb.JPG.a5115fe7fe9cbfa95e856a11c775d47d.JPG

P1010552.thumb.jpg.4f0cd52deae124526929041a7c9bbb80.jpg

P1010554.thumb.JPG.b8455929f4da241e7091e4e7faf7ff16.JPG

P1010553.thumb.JPG.ef72a2972e937303e4cee064f08ebf9d.JPG

So long, old friend. Thanks for all the fun-filled spins.

I was able to give the Topper-Track Cyclone a spin recently as well. I've been pretty dismissive of a lot of the whining about Cyclone, but after my ride I was shocked at the state of the ride that hasn't been worked on yet. The topper track is butter-smooth. Afterwards, the jarring is something to behold. Any trim that you encountered over the course of the layout hit excessively hard as well, which meant that your ass stayed in the seat the entire time so that every bump was felt. GaCy was probably among my favorites, and definitely the best of the Cy-Clones (Coney Cyclone included) based on my last rides prior to this visit (the year that this big park decided to defy logic and build a Eurofighter). Really looking forward to seeing this work completed.

???? - Future Attraction Survey - (9/28/12) Over the past few weeks, Six Flags over Georgia has been conducting some online guest surveys regarding future park attractions. Many of the questions being asked seem related to the concept of building an official waterpark area on SFOG property that would be included for free with regular park admission.

The park did quiz some guests in select surveys to find out if there was any interest in other attraction concepts. New attractions mentioned include: a Batman simulator ride, new Bumper Cars, 400 ft drop tower ride, Hypercoaster, Extra Large Fun House, New Dolphin Show, New Flipping/Spinning Coaster, New kiddie area with 4-5 kiddie rides, indoor interactive shooting dark ride, or a new Cirque style show.

However, they asked guests to pick their preference between the park adding every one of these new possible attraction concepts vs the new water park area.

Um.. Some of this wont work (hyper umm Goliath & 400ft drop tower already explained) however, I very interested in the 4d coaster (will it be a S&S or a Intamin?) and to see how the dark ride and Simulator turn out (SF hasn't done simulators since the Time Warner era) Also if they do an included water park, I can see White Water closing in a couple years.

I was able to give the Topper-Track Cyclone a spin recently as well. I've been pretty dismissive of a lot of the whining about Cyclone, but after my ride I was shocked at the state of the ride that hasn't been worked on yet. The topper track is butter-smooth. Afterwards, the jarring is something to behold. Any trim that you encountered over the course of the layout hit excessively hard as well, which meant that your A$$ stayed in the seat the entire time so that every bump was felt. GaCy was probably among my favorites, and definitely the best of the Cy-Clones (Coney Cyclone included) based on my last rides prior to this visit (the year that this big park decided to defy logic and build a Eurofighter). Really looking forward to seeing this work completed.

I totally agree with you. I was at the park yesterday and today - Sunday. I think one of the trains is worse than the other, but still brutal either way. I'll only ride in the first train (front row if the line isn't too long). I can't imagine what it's like further back. I hope Melinda gets her funding for topper track in 2013.

I prefer the Scream Machine so much more... I guess I'm more of an out and back guy over a twister.

Screamscape wrote:???? - Future Attraction Survey - (9/28/12) Over the past few weeks, Six Flags over Georgia has been conducting some online guest surveys regarding future park attractions. Many of the questions being asked seem related to the concept of building an official waterpark area on SFOG property that would be included for free with regular park admission.

Another hypercoaster sounds something like Skyrush to me. For the Dolphin show idea isn't there an old aqua show area near Canyon Blaster (I can't remember) that has been closed for some time they could use. I would really like to see a simulator ride/shooting dark ride for a D.C. character (like Spiderman or the new D.C. invasion). An expansion for skull island would be pretty cool to see (White water is still one of the top water parks in the U.S. and a few new slides wouldn't close it down) like a slide or two over GASM (like Canadian MineBuster at Canada's Wonderland).

400ft. drop tower? We're forgetting a height restriction, right and Acrophobia?

240ft above ground 160ft below ground (kidding but you never know)

The other ideas sound really cool too but I would really like to see Georgia Cyclone have it's re tracking finished for 2013.

Sometimes I wonder if these future attraction surveys aren't necessarily market research for just the park they conduct them at, but if it's really research for future attractions in Six Flags parks in general. I also think that some of the potential rides they mention are not things they are actually considering in the future, but are just thrown in there to see what their guest demographic feels is "missing" or would be a draw for them. For instance, I really don't think that SFOG is actually considering adding a 400 ft drop tower, hypercoaster, or dolphin show, but they are using vague examples to see if people are more interested in shows/family attractions vs. big thrill rides.

Of course, enthusiasts always tend to take these surveys much more literally than they're intended to be.

I am really hoping the park plans to relocate Wheelie, since its spot it the highly likely location of Sky Screamer. However, aren't they supposed to be bringing back Shake, Rattle, and Roll sometime as part of the park's five year plan? Perhaps Wheelie will return with this plan as well? This may just however be wishful thinking.

I am really hoping the park plans to relocate Wheelie, since its spot it the highly likely location of Sky Screamer. However, aren't they supposed to be bringing back Shake, Rattle, and Roll sometime as part of the park's five year plan? Perhaps Wheelie will return with this plan as well? This may just however be wishful thinking.

Greatest username (and first post) there has ever been.

The return of Wheelie would be magnificent. It was one of the best rides in the park when I visited in 2011... I haven't been on an Enterprise since .