TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the park yesterday with friends, and the "temporary" fence in the parking lot by Batman is still up. Shake, Rattle & Roll has been removed, as the building it was in is empty now. Also, there's a teaser poster in the USA section for Dare Devil Dive, which confirms no OTSRs. On another note, I think I saw Tyler (CTU Agent) and his brother walking around the park.

^^ Heh, talk about inaccuracy of concept art.

Normal Eurofighter trains.

BUT...only two people per row.

WITH...no shoulder restraints.

I'm confused.

At some point over the past week, the park has started to demolish the Drive-In Theater area where the coaster allegedly will be placed. The area surrounding the Shake, Rattle and Roll ride and the Arcade have been blocked off with metal barricades...the same as the area in the parking lot near Batman that is blocked off.

The photo attached was taken yesterday, 10/10 from the Mind Bender queue.

Please excuse the poor light quality as the sun was setting right behind the Theater facade. The entire stair-step concrete sitting area of the ampitheater has been demolished and large chunks of concrete lie in a pile near the construction equipment. Under the Mind Bender first drop, there are pallets of what appear to be stone building materials...perhaps for a retaining wall or new pathway.

IMG_20101010_183119.jpg.c85b3b95c63b6517394ed1919b6c3f09.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I visited Six Flags Over Georgia Friday and Saturday. The shake rattle and roll building is like 80% gone. No supports, track, or footers are on site yet, but I did notice several spray paint markings on the pathway next to the site. Sorry I don't have pictures.

In other news, Georgia Cyclone's trims were totally OFF this weekend. The train was FLYING through the course and delivered some of the craziest airtime I've ever experienced on a wooden coaster! Of course, the ride also just about beat me senseless, but it was worth it.

Screamscape posted some photos showing theming and the lap bar car design.

We’ve been sent a picture of a new piece of artwork showing off Dare Devil Dive’s layout mixed in with themed scenery pieces. Looks like they’re adding some head chopper items to the bottom of the first drop, an air traffic control tower, giant pylons to navigate through and a tunnel near the end. One of the set of pylons in the background almost looks like it has flames coming out of the top too, so could a fireball effect be in the works as well?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_over_georgia.htm

I visited Six Flags Over Georgia Friday and Saturday. The shake rattle and roll building is like 80% gone. No supports, track, or footers are on site yet, but I did notice several spray paint markings on the pathway next to the site. Sorry I don't have pictures.

In other news, Georgia Cyclone's trims were totally OFF this weekend. The train was FLYING through the course and delivered some of the craziest airtime I've ever experienced on a wooden coaster! Of course, the ride also just about beat me senseless, but it was worth it.

Heck yea dude, I just came back from Fright Fest earlier, and those wooden coasters (GC and GASM) are WILD w/o trims....they are fast as hell, thrilling, and very intense, and IMO that's how a wooden coaster should be, not a tame ride full of trims . I literally enjoyed the wooden coasters yesterday more than I ever did in my LIFE.

Wow! If it turns anything out like the model it should be very cool. Reminds me of "Evil Knevil." Is the rendering showing two cars for a train accurate? If so, that'll really help with capacity.

I believe those pictures were just to show what the lap-bars would look like based on other Gerstlauer coasters, so imagine those lap-bars on a eurofighter car.