TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Well... I was expecting a Tony Hawk so this is a pleasant surprise.

That's about as excited as I can get though. What's up with the way they are marketing this ride? No POV, no layout, a pretty minimal page set up on their website... and they're saying it's the first beyond vertical drop in the country.... Did they do any research? It just seems like the marketing department threw some half-ass thing together last minute.

^^^Seriously? Did you expect a Six Flags to do something that was a prototype for the US? Come on. At least be excited that we are getting something new and it isn't a cookie cutter coaster like the THBS that was rumored. It is only the 3rd Eurofighter in the US! For one, I am super excited about this and glad that we are finally getting something new.

Is it wrong to wish it was the other eurofighter model instead? (I'll stand corrected if the artwork proves to be deceiving)

If you're talking about Huracan style with the six seater trains and everything, there's still a chance. Being a huge nerd with only like a 42.537% chance of getting laid, I can tell you that the artwork was made in No Limits. The thing is, NL hasn't been updated in a couple years, so it doesn't have the Huracan trains, just the standard old Eurofighter ones. Although for capacity reasons, wouldn't it be better to have the old style?

Looks great, can't wait to ride it.

Is this basically the same type of ride as mystery mine(minus the scenery of course)? If so, this is a very unique ride for a six flags park, or this country. I believe that mystery mine is the only eurofighter in the states.

If you're talking about Huracan style with the six seater trains and everything, there's still a chance. Being a huge nerd with only like a 42.537% chance of getting laid, I can tell you that the artwork was made in No Limits. The thing is, NL hasn't been updated in a couple years, so it doesn't have the Huracan trains, just the standard old Eurofighter ones. Although for capacity reasons, wouldn't it be better to have the old style?

Aw, come on now. With information like that at your disposal, you shouldn't be selling yourself short with your calculations. 42.53% seems rather low.

But yeah, I was basically thinking the launched 6-seater model would be a nicer fit for this park. SF didn't call me for my opinion though.

^^I noticed that as well. My guess is it will not OPEN with Flashpass, but flashpass will be added either later in the season or 2nd season for sure.

Just a way for them to make sure they have the capacity they need to give it Flashpass.

Looks like they slightly changed the name of the skycoaster too - instead of "Fearless Freeps Dare Devil Dive" its now listed as "Fearless Freeps Dare Devil Skycoaster" on the website. I'm sure it will be fun enough, and like Tyler said, possibly one of the best rides in the park

I think the whole claim that they have the first beyond vertical drop is meant to be read as the first beyond vertical drop on a coaster with three inversions in the US. I think the other Eurofighters and Macerick both have 2 inversions and Fahrenheit has something like 6. Horray for marketing getting creative.

^Nope, it definitely looks like they mean the first beyond vertical dive in the country period. Just like with trying to sell Texas Giant as a wooden coaster after the rehab, Six Flags is failing miserably at knowing what the hell they're talking about. At this point they're just flat out lying.

EDIT: This came from SFOG's facebook page regarding the gaffe.

Sorry about that. It’s the country’s first beyond vertical coaster with a PAUSE element. We’re updating our materials to avoid any further confusion. Thanks.

Can I get a yawn with a side of ?

Country's first beyond vertical drop huh?

Yes, clearly they didn't do their research before posting. SFOG never heard of Mystery Mine or Sponge Bob I guess. LOL

Or Maverick, Fahrenheit and Steel Hog.

Right, Steel Hawg (not Hog) was the first thing that came to mind. It would be one thing if there was maybe one other, but five other ones! Not to mention, isn't Steel Hawg tied with its clone as being the steepest drop?

I think they should of gotten rid of mindbender. its old and green....nah im kidding. Love me some bender, but the park saying that dare devil is the first beyond vertical drop isn't a suprise, i mean according to them Mindbender has 3 vertical loops

I wonder how long it was before they got inundated with calls saying there were other beyond vertical drops. Kudos to them for editing their release

Edited by rider-x

^Nope, it definitely looks like they mean the first beyond vertical dive in the country period. Just like with trying to sell Texas Giant as a wooden coaster after the rehab, Six Flags is failing miserably at knowing what the hell they're talking about. At this point they're just flat out lying.

EDIT: This came from SFOG's facebook page regarding the gaffe.

Sorry about that. It’s the country’s first beyond vertical coaster with a PAUSE element. We’re updating our materials to avoid any further confusion. Thanks.

Can I get a yawn with a side of ?

They must not know that Mystery Mine has a pause element on its beyond vertical dive. They might want to update their materials again after this update lol.