TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Robb-I went on it this year, as well as Raging Bull, and both in the first/second rows. Apollo had the air, and RBhad NONE (this was surprising). AC really whipps you over the hills, especially on the double dip.I actually found that RB was pretty tame-the only air was on the drop, and AC had more even there. I may just be that you haven't been on AC or RB in a while (correct me if I'm wrong), and AC aged better than RB, which is my 2nd to least favorite hyper (magnum is my last-I blame the restraints)

They trim RB to much and even on the upward side of an airtime hill. All the times I have rode RB I have found it boring. I beieve that Nitro is a more powerful experience than RB. It has better floater air and the layout is more exciting.

This all makes sense though because RB was built before Nitro, so Nitro should be better. The two years of research and devlopment that seperate the rides was beneficial to Nitro.

This new Goliath should be good. I hope it isn't to tame like the B&M's of late. Silver Bullet and Hydra are quite tame compared to the early B&M's like Batman The Ride, Montu and Kumba. I hope B&M doesn't continue to almost over engineer there rides and continue to take the "snappy" elements of the past out of them.

i diggin' those silver painted track ties. Lookin good.

Is anyone else a little worried about goin over a road and an area outside the park where people can walk? i heard stories of kids throwing rocks at Scorcher as it passes by. Ever wonder if soemone will try somethin really dumb?

Oh yeah, i gotta agree with Robb on Apollos Chariot. My least favorite hyper as well. They only good part on the ride is the low speedy turn after the curving 3rd drop - thats some good ridin' right there. But overall it lacks a punch and a solid ending.

Goliath @ 6fMM and Titan are Hyper Twisters. Goliath at 6foG is just strictly a Hyper.

It does have that nice downward helix with no trims or MCBRs at the turnaround. You should get some pretty intense Gs during that. but for the most part it is a standard out & back.

Guy "Wow, that almost sounded like I knew something about coasters." Koepp

Robb-I went on it this year, as well as Raging Bull, and both in the first/second rows. Apollo had the air, and RBhad NONE (this was surprising). AC really whipps you over the hills, especially on the double dip.I actually found that RB was pretty tame-the only air was on the drop, and AC had more even there. I may just be that you haven't been on AC or RB in a while (correct me if I'm wrong), and AC aged better than RB, which is my 2nd to least favorite hyper (magnum is my last-I blame the restraints)

Weird, we rode Raging Bull this year too and in the back row there was ejector air on the first drop, a couple of decent pops on some others, and at least one 'floater' spot somewhere on the ride.

I will say that this year it seemed to be trimmed a lot more than our visit in 2001 or 2003.

Every time I've been on AC, which I rode on multiple visits in '99, 00, 01, and '02 when I lived 3 hours from the park (and we had to ride it over and over once for Discovery Channel) I dunno, it just seemed really boring.

To each his own, really. And I mean, I'm not even sure of ANY of the B&M hypers would fall into my top ten and possibly even top 20 steel with so many good Intamin's out there!

--Robb "I prefer a good B&M Invert like Nemesis or Dragons over any of the hypers!" Alvey

i know this is kinda sad but this is going to be my first B&M hyper, my parents can never workout a trip to virginia or new jersey or illinois, this coaster is said to be the shortest of all the B&M hypers, so i guess you could say this can be a B&M hyper in training, which is a good place to start

This will be no B&M hyper-in-training.

That downward helix will be the most intense element of any of the B&M hypers. Don't let the length of the track fool you into thinking this doesn't have a chance to be the best of the bunch.

I *highly* doubt the downward helix on Goliath will be more intense than the helix on Nitro...granted Nitro's goes up and Goliath's goes down, Nitro's is suuuuper tight and it seems as though the further down Goliath's goes, the larger the radius, therefore minimalizing the G's.

Just a hunch though from looking at the animations and such. Of course we won't know until (or a lil before) April 1, 2006!

That downward helix will be the most intense element of any of the B&M hypers. Don't let the length of the track fool you into thinking this doesn't have a chance to be the best of the bunch.
I *highly* doubt the downward helix on Goliath will be more intense than the helix on Nitro...granted Nitro's goes up and Goliath's goes down, Nitro's is suuuuper tight and it seems as though the further down Goliath's goes, the larger the radius, therefore minimalizing the G's.
^Yes, it does increas ein radius quite a bit. It needs to increase, either way, but I doubt it needed to do so to such an extent.

Guys, you'd all better get a physics lesson first!

As the occuring forces are related linear to radius but quadratic to speed, we might well expect that this Goliath's downward helix has the most forcefull spot on it's exit, right at the bottom.

Look: Accelleration = Speed^2 / Radius

Thus: Even if the radius at bottom/exit of said helix were *4* times the radius on top, *only double the speed* would be required to have the very same ammount of forces! Since the height difference between entrance and exit *could* easily supply speed doubling and the radii don't look like increasing by a factor of four, we *might* excpect the most forcefull part at the exit.

But: we haven't got any valid data about speeds & radii available. So IMO it's completely futile to speculate on ride behaviour for that (or any other) element.

I do know that i cannot tell, but hereby want to humbly remind you that you can't either.

redunzelizer