TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

While I can't forecast the future, I can tell you that I was there last year for opening day and all of the coasters were open.

I jumped the gun and bought a Gold Flash Pass and there ended up being absolutely no lines all day. I think the longest line that I had was maybe like 15 minutes, and that was due to some mechanical stuff on Superman.

Good luck! I hope everything works out for you. I really like SFOG & Goliath is one of my favorite steel coasters. Mindbender is is super good as well!

I've been to SFOG on opening day before and it was a really great day to get everything in the park done. The only coaster that was down when I went was Deja Vu.... and lets be honest, that was sort of to be expected on the first day of operation. Also, the only thing that had a line was Superman, everything else was either a walk on or a 1-2 train wait.

While we are talking about SFOG me and my friend are taking a trip down south to

SFOG-March 28

Carowinds - March 29

Dollywood - March 30 (My Birthday)

And I was wondering if any of the rides are unfriendly to bigger people? I am not as big as I used to be but I have some fat left and I am just wondering if any of the restraints may pose a problem thank you.

Oh yeah... I forgot to comment on the hotel thing.

BE CAREFUL! I stayed at a hotel that was right across the street and it was the filthiest place I have ever seen. Besides being filthy and way outdated, there was blood on the walls. Enough said.

Unfortunately I can not remember the name of the place. I tried to look on Expedia where I booked the room, but it didn't do any good.

I realllllly can't imagine it would be crowded seeing as how it's opening weekend and the weather is supposed to be less than stellar. Unless they have something special going on with a corporate client, I'd bet dollars to donuts it'll be dead.

All the cool kids are going on Sunday! I anticipate a good time even if we do end up having to wait for Mindbender or Goliath. Can't wait.

Peace up, A-town downnnnnn

While we are talking about SFOG me and my friend are taking a trip down south to

SFOG-March 28

Carowinds - March 29

Dollywood - March 30 (My Birthday)

And I was wondering if any of the rides are unfriendly to bigger people? I am not as big as I used to be but I have some fat left and I am just wondering if any of the restraints may pose a problem thank you.

After working rides at Carowinds for years i can get a good idea what rides people may have problems on.

Afterburn has wider seats in rows 2-6 so if you don't think you can get into a regular B&M invert seat try those and you should be ok. Every other ride at Carowinds would be ok as well but i'm just guessing cause i can't see you.

I also have no idea how the new Vekoma seats are on Cobra but they look very spacious.

I can't remember an opening day that wasn't pretty dead. Those who said that there are minimal lines and friendly staff are right. Probably the best day of the year to visit.

Its one of the few days of the year I'd recommend against a q-bot.

Rain on Saturday? Its not just gonna rain outside!

Thanks a lot for the information guys. Right now it is still undecided if I can go it is all depending on the weather, if my grandfather makes the trip, & if my parents let me. I have one more question, I got a season pass for GADV on Christmas can I use it at SFOG if I go this weekend even though I haven't been to GADV yet? Thanks again you all have been great help.

Tyler will you be there Saturday?

I have one more question, I got a season pass for GADV on Christmas can I use it at SFOG if I go this weekend even though I haven't been to GADV yet? Thanks again you all have been great help.

Tyler will you be there Saturday?

Hey. If you email Six Flags they will be able to answer that question for you, but I am sure you will be fine. I had a season pass for SFKK, but I am going opening day. I just emailed them and they switched it for me. I know you probably don't want to make SFOG your home SF park, but I am sure they can figure something out.

^ and ^^ have great advice on contacting SFOG about it. A few years back I had the same issue and what ended up working out best was for them to just place a comp ticket at Guest Services for me at SFOG. I could then hold on to my certificate and get it processed at the park I purchased from.

Some parks these days are hesitant to process a season pass purchased at another one of their locations. I'm not sure if it's this way for them, but sometimes if you process your pass at a place different than your homepark the fear is that if you lose it you would have to go back to wherever you processed to get the replacement. Also, it's tricky on a financial end for allotting the revenue from the purchase. In the end, customer service wins out and they will do what it takes to make it work; it's just requires more paperwork on their end. Let us know how it goes!

I'm planning on being there Sunday, March 8th. I'm hoping/expecting that it won't be busy--but I still anticipate major frustration regarding Mindbender, since that's always been my experience in the past.

/Hoping I'm wrong.

//First visit in over 5 years.

///Excited and worried.