TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Isn't it bizarre that they didn't confirm anything about SFMM? The rumored Granny Gran Prix location left untouched. Warner Brother Studios is here, but no movie-tie in. Tony Hawk started in so cal, but no skating tie-in. Tatsu opend in 2006, are they really not going to have a new attraction to promote - of any kind- until 2009?

It's not like Magic Mountain hasn't gone two years without any kind of attraction before in the recent past.

2004 and 2005 were "quiet" years for the park. And I'm not counting additions to Hurricane Harbor.

Plus, the kind of buzz and momentum Tatsu has created in the L.A. market still has enough draw power to hold the park over for another season.

I am honestly glad that Magic Mountain isn't building a new coaster this year.

2004 Hurricane Harbor added Toronado.

2005 Batman Begins stunt show.

2006 Tatsu.

2007 - nothing, removal of Psyclone.

2008 - nothing?

I wasn't expecting a coaster for 2008, but going for 2 years without a single new attraction (show, flat, coaster, kid's rides, or something for HH), hasn't been done before.

Wikipedia has a great timeline on SFMM, and they been pretty consistent for over a decade about adding something new every year. This is the first time they will go two years in a row without something new to promote the park. That's kind of risk in what will be a competitive year here in so cal.

Good addition. The Thomas Town at SFDK is done very well and at SFoG, it will attract all the kiddies. My little cousin's favorite thing is Thomas, so yes, it is popular still. I'm not sure what to think about getting rid of Deja Vu. I've ridden the other two and loved them both, but I know that all 3 have been plagued beyond belief with problem after problem and so it might be a good financial decision to remove it.

Is the park running out of room? I know they got ride of Deja Vu because of obvious reasons, but what if that hadn't been a problem... do they have any room to expand?

haha no they have tons of room!

Derek, I figure if they need more room they can just expand into the parking lot as needed. True Six Flags style!

Ok heres a stupid thought! SFOG is taking out the VU but not the crappy ass Ninja? For some stupid kiddie section, imo A kiddie section come on. Who goes to a Sixflags for the kiddie section? If you want family theme parks go to Disney or Seaworld or USO some where touristy for families that offer fun for little kids. SixFlags I thought was more know for thrills not diaper spills! Hello Mcfly is there anyone home, heeeeeeeeellllllllllloooooooo! I hope that they keep the VU and move it else where in the park and replace the crappy ass Ninja! It would be a stupid move on SFOG if they got rid of it! Save the VU!!! I know it's not up and running all the time but more people ride it then they do the Ninja! The only reason I would go to SFOG is for the Minbender,The VU,Goliath, thats it, you take one of them out and which is next to go? Mindbender, maybe so they can put more crap in the park for families instead for the thrill seekers! I know I won't be buying a season if they keep doing crap like this.Love stupid people!!!!!!!!

I suspect that SFMM's Deja Vu's days are numbered as well. With its buddy Psyclone gone, losing Deja Vu opens a lot of room to expand, and I'm guessing that the rumored Thomas the Tank Engine or Wiggles area will show up there.

Six Flags has become to be known for their thrills, but I'm glad to see that someone is steering them back to their real mission: a good, family theme park.

Eric

I really hope not. With Knotts and Disney so close i think it would probably be a better idea for SFMM to just focus on the thrills. No matter how hard they try they're never going to win over the the families. What parents would take their kids to "Thomas Town" in a corner of six flags over the Happiest PLace on Earth?

Is the park running out of room? I know they got ride of Deja Vu because of obvious reasons, but what if that hadn't been a problem... do they have any room to expand?

haha no they have tons of room!

Derek, I figure if they need more room they can just expand into the parking lot as needed. True Six Flags style!

I just think this is just Six Flags' excuse to remove the problematic Deja. I mean if they have land....they could've built this kiddie area there.

^Blazen

You have a really good point there.

noyzz - Deja Vu has a 54" height requirement, Ninja has a 48". I'd say judging by the number of people who just watch Deja Vu go up the lift and then say "no way in hell!" that Deja Vu is far more intimidating. Ninja is much more reliable and isn't worth much on the market, while Deja Vu cost the park a boatload of money to run and fix, and someone may still pay decent money for a fairly new thrill machine.

Those are just a couple quick reasons I'm sure were on the minds of the execs. Though I'd personally get rid of both

What parents would take their kids to "Thomas Town" in a corner of six flags over the Happiest PLace on Earth?

The ones who realize that for the price of one day at Disney, they can take their kids to Six Flags all year..

Thanx Joe! I do agree with what you say! The VU is scary as hell but fun ,so I know what you mean, I've seen people watch it and not get on. It just sux cause it's a really great ride and would hate to see them scrap it or sell it for a kiddie land. I don't think another kiddie land will bring in more business for our park though? The kiddie land we have now is always dead......

While I also will hate seeing Deja Vu go (over dozen visits to the park in it's lifetime and only one ride on it!), what I want to know is why in the heck is Thomas being placed in the Southern USA (Lickskillet) section of the park instead of Britain? Hello! I know theming has never been a priority at SF, but couldn't we have put a little more thought into the location?

Yeah, but if you read the first post in this thread you'll see that it was mentioned in the original press release.

I'm just pointing out that they changed it.

Yes, yes, we are all aware you were just pointing something out....

Perhaps they are just trying to avoid some bad press? Just look at this thread as an example. No one has really talked about the positive addition, Thomas Land, only about the negative, the removal of Deja Vu.

I've known about Deja Vu going for quite some time and I highly doubt they have suddenly changed their plans which have been in the works for months in the past 24 hours.

--Robb