TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

When I went Labor day weekend, I didn't wait more than five minutes on Saturday and no more than twenty on Sunday. I got 14 laps that weekend. That brings my grand total up to a whoping 18 laps.

One thing is for sure though, I would much rather wait that five minutes than an hour like I did on April 1st. It was worth the hour to be in front on the 3rd public train. w00t for bragging rights.

• 10 months later...

Since there aren't enough new Six Flags threads...

SIX FLAGS OVER GEORGIA ANNOUNCES NEW CAPITAL FOR 2008 SEASON - ALL ABOARD!

Six Flags Over Georgia announced today its new capital plans for 2008. And the big news is that Thomas the Tank Engine, that cheeky, fussy, true blue engine who proudly wears the "#1" on his side as he makes tracks to great destinations on the Island of Sodor, will be rolling into the Southeast's largest theme park for the start of the '08 season.

This exciting play area, which will be replacing Deja Vu in the Lickskillet section of the park, is designed to entertain children of all ages, offering kids a train ride on a Thomas the Tank Engine replica that brings guests on a journey through Thomas' mythical home on the Island of Sodor. Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway, will also be on hand to pose for photos and greet visitors. A Thomas & Friends store located within the play area will feature an assortment of merchandise, including the popular Thomas & Friends die cast trains; adult and children's apparel; storybooks; and other specialty items.

http://www.sixflags.com/overGeorgia/food/ThomasTown.aspx

I suspect that SFMM's Deja Vu's days are numbered as well. With its buddy Psyclone gone, losing Deja Vu opens a lot of room to expand, and I'm guessing that the rumored Thomas the Tank Engine or Wiggles area will show up there.

Six Flags has become to be known for their thrills, but I'm glad to see that someone is steering them back to their real mission: a good, family theme park.

Eric

I suspect that SFMM's Deja Vu's days are numbered as well. With its buddy Psyclone gone, losing Deja Vu opens a lot of room to expand, and I'm guessing that the rumored Thomas the Tank Engine or Wiggles area will show up there.

Six Flags has become to be known for their thrills, but I'm glad to see that someone is steering them back to their real mission: a good, family theme park.

Eric

My thoughts excatly. I really have an apprecaition for Deja Vu. But its good to see that Six Flags is really attempting to become more family orriented. Hey, maybe theyll put in a kiddie credit to replace our lovely Deja Vu!

-Ryan

Im kinda so-so on these Thomas Town areas. Do little kids nowadays know who Thomas actually is?

Its not necessarily Thomas the Tank Engine, its more about the "Train Scene" for kids. Kids seem to have a growing affection for trains, planes and other things like that. When I was a kid, I liked Trains and Planes, other kids like Dinosaurs. Its just one of those things I guess?

-Ryan

Im kinda so-so on these Thomas Town areas. Do little kids nowadays know who Thomas actually is?

OMG, yes. Have you walked through the toy dept of your local Target, been to a Toys R Us lately, or seen any of those "specialty stores" in the mall? Thomas is EVERYWHERE.

And probably the most important thing is that it's regocnized internationally. Not that I think Six Flags parks gets a lot of international visitors, but it DOES help.

I mean, even at Fuji-Q in Japan the Thomas area is HUGE and always filled with kids.

--Robb "I'm sure these areas will go over VERY well." Alvey

Isn't it bizarre that they didn't confirm anything about SFMM? The rumored Granny Gran Prix location left untouched. Warner Brother Studios is here, but no movie-tie in. Tony Hawk started in so cal, but no skating tie-in. Tatsu opend in 2006, are they really not going to have a new attraction to promote - of any kind- until 2009?

OMG, yes. Have you walked through the toy dept of your local Target, been to a Toys R Us lately, or seen any of those "specialty stores" in the mall? Thomas is EVERYWHERE.

And probably the most important thing is that it's regocnized internationally. Not that I think Six Flags parks gets a lot of international visitors, but it DOES help.

I mean, even at Fuji-Q in Japan the Thomas area is HUGE and always filled with kids.

--Robb "I'm sure these areas will go over VERY well." Alvey

Is there even a TV show like there used to be? Or is there just merchandise now? I remember watching Thomas when I was in preschool on a show that took place in a train station. It was called "Thomas and Friends".

Well thanks goodness I got my one DejaVu credit already. I'm impressed with the direction SFOG is going with the new kiddie area. Losing DejaVu is seriously not gonna hurt their coaster count at all....I'm really beginning to see Six Flags in different light, now..its like Cedar Fair is beginning to become the new 'six flags'.....

Good riddance for SFOG's Deja Vu, that thing was a lawn ornament 90% of the time. Glad the park is getting a new kids area, especially since that Looney Toons area looked like it wasn't much for a kids area (unless you count the 'tipping Longhorn Foghorn' statue).

Thomas Town was a much needed addition.

I really felt that way when I heard SFGam was getting the Wiggles World. I thought most little ones were not into the Wiggles, mostly because mine were not into them. I was wrong. And now my 4 year old daughter loves the Wiggles, all because of of SFGam.