TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Great Gasp will prolly be removed and parts sent to SFGAdv or SFOT since they have the remaining ones in the chain, my bets are on SFOT, since we just received the Excalibur Mine Train cars from Frontier City who had them in storage since it's removal from Astroworld .. what to do with 4 mine train trains? Parts of course

I do hope it's saved and not just scraped for parts. I really like those rides!

It was one thing to take out the Intamin Air Race for an Intamin Drop...but taking out another Intamin ride for a B&M Hyper...not happy!

It was one thing to take out the Intamin Air Race for an Intamin Drop...but taking out another Intamin ride for a B&M Hyper...not happy!

At least its being taken out for something!

Kevin"Stupid Knotts "Bujold

A coaster named Starship? I can see the music that will play in the queue line...

"We built this city, built this city, we built this city on rock n roll!"

Why can't it be Superman: The Starship?

A coaster named Starship? I can see the music that will play in the queue line...

"We built this city, built this city, we built this city on rock n roll!"

Why can't it be Superman: The Starship?

LOL on the first part.

Superman: The Starship? First of all, that sounds more lame than just Starship. Second, they already have a Superman at the park. Third it's not in the "Superman" area. If anything it's closer to Gotham, so maybe another Batman themed ride.

• 2 weeks later...

From http://www.screamscape.com:

2006 - Goliath - Under Construction - (8/24/05) A teaser sent out to the local media (thanks to “brkgnews”) seems to have given away the name of the new ride... Goliath. We also received what looks like the possible plans to the new hypercoaster placed over some site images taken from Google Earth. One shows off the likely placement of the layout over a photo of the real site while the other shows a size comparison to the GASM to try and estimate the length of Goliath. The official press conference is scheduled for September 1st.

At least if they are re-using a name, it's for a coaster of the similar genre. Not like the old days when Viper at one park was an Arrow multi-looper and a woodie at another.

--Robb