TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

19 hours ago, CaptainUnknown said:

^RMC manufactured the track for the Skywarp at SFDK. It wouldn't surprise me if Skyline continued to outsource the manufacturing of the track to RMC.

Skyline does their own track now - it's weld-free, like Great Coaster's Titan Track (which Skyline designed and engineered). The kiddie coaster track will be the same as the track used on the art museum coaster, Brava!

I'm not going to lie.  When my husband told me our park was getting a single rail coaster I was so very excited!  Thought it would be a Raptor.  Needless to say, I was less than pleased when I found out it was a kiddie coaster.  I'm sure it will be great for kids and mine will like it, but I was kind of hoping for something more substantial in that spot.  Hopefully they get out of their recent aversion to seating and shade in the kids rides area.  That part of the park is BRUTAL in the summer.  Never noticed before, but now that I have a kid and go....it's unpleasant. 

On 1/14/2023 at 12:06 PM, TEDodd said:

It has been getting retracked in stages for the last few years.

I doubt they'd do any major modification after all the money spent on that.

Replying to myself since I don't see this posted yet.

PTC has refreshed the GASM trains and sending back to SFoG.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CnxczlIpY8g/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.facebook.com/philadelphiatoboggancoastersinc/posts/pfbid02XjwfSCaCzt2zR9uz7XHMZoHammJAqevEZxTEjMiXfT85dx23FZ5Gx7QbwHXLTkpTl

326957446_733477668056391_30308857178900

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TEDodd said:

This is almost a bigger better announcement than the new family coaster!  The return of the buzzzzzz bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

On 1/24/2023 at 12:19 PM, southpuddle said:

^ I don’t hold out hope for this being good even for kids… Skyline has yet to make anything that isn’t a shaky, loud, hot mess. So good luck to the parks getting them. I hope they prove us wrong 🙃

I don't think roller skaters are all that smooth, either.

On 1/24/2023 at 11:54 AM, jynx242 said:

Needless to say, I was less than pleased when I found out it was a kiddie coaster.

I would have pissed myself with joy in Saint Louis. Especially having a kid. We get nothing, and like it.

• 4 weeks later...

The larson loop is being moved or removed for the kid flash. Does any park in the six flags chain besides the 2 parks that removed them (SFNE and SFGAD) not have one? I can not picture it being relocated to Magic Mountain. 

• Like 1

the only thing memorable about the one at SFOG was the giant Joker face in the center was kind of cool.

and that queue - out in the sun - with NO coverings.   Oh, they had the poles there to put the canvas coverings up to cover the queue.. they just never did.   so. damn. hot. in that queue.

• Haha 1

park opened for the season yesterday, and the new maps show location of the Kid Flash Coaster - confirming it is replacing Joker Larson Loop - which has already been removed.

FqbXZEvWAAcwzl4.thumb.jpg.abf283cff51ece4d694dcd7d21233307.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The username said:

Ah yes, my favorite Gotham City hero, "Kid Flash."

Looks like the beginning of a DC universe retheme.

I too did find it a bit odd they are introducing a non-Batman character themed ride to Gotham, but by the same token, The Flash would not fit into Metropolis either.  And there is next to zero chance Gotham City will become DC Universe anytime soon as the park just reimagined the Gotham area with a major renovation a few years ago, becoming (in my opinion) the best looking Gotham City anywhere in the chain.

On 3/5/2023 at 11:11 PM, Lotologist492 said:

You are not missing much, my friend.  The ride was OK, but any ride that calls itself a "coaster" when it is not needs to just go away.

Grow up. It identified as a coaster, so it was my 200th.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jarmor said:

Looks at name of the swing. . .

yeah. . ."Gotham City Crime Wave" was a much better name.

they changed it a few years ago to match the same name (and signage) that SFFT has on theirs.

that said, the area that SFOG considers DCU does have the Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Joker ride.

tho the Superman B&M FLyer sits in an area they just call "Metropolis". . LOL. . so the park has the rides too spread out to combine into one section.

5 hours ago, jarmor said:

Looks at name of the swing. . .

The DC Super Villain swing in SFFT has villains from across the DCU.  The version here in GA is identical in style, but all the villains pictured are from the Gotham universe.  My point was the park is not going to create a fresh new Gotham City and then change to a DC Universe shortly thereafter.