TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Was at the park on Saturday for the day before spending the rest of the weekend with my sister who lives in Athens (currently posting from Chicken and Beer at the ATL airport).

Was there from a little before noon until a little after 9pm and had a great day. Great weather and super light crowds until 6pm/FF but even then the coaster lines were totally manageable. I rode Cyclone and Goliath at least a dozen times each through the day, both were running impeccably (save for Cyclones trains making weird noises earlier in the day and both trains having rows roped off). I basically spent 7-9pm reriding Cyclone as many times as possible, as the wait was mostly halfway down the station stairs or I was just jumping in empty seats on the same train. Haven’t ridden an RMC besides Jersey Devil since I visited Cedar Point in 2019 and forgot how absurd the airtime can be. Shit!

Had a great lunch and drinks at JBs and also managed rides on Mindbender (the new trains are a little tight for me but the ride is still great), Pandemonium, Dar Devil Dive, Blue Hawk and that was basically it. 

a TL;DR: Had an awesome day Saturday. Got drunk and rode Goliath and Cyclone a million times. 

F05B136C-5491-444E-8ADE-29B319E1FF19.jpeg

16BCA96F-5908-4317-A9E8-1EA7C7385BDC.jpeg

929D7989-0F63-48CA-BC23-1B842AA04637.jpeg

B805DE66-154D-4785-B5DD-4E9CDA233EA1.jpeg

231EF4FF-7955-405C-9919-363314E4C9C3.jpeg

60634061-7F3B-4E38-8AF4-90DC733978C1.jpeg

7BE8C5A2-1350-4ABC-9333-4D81203F29E0.jpeg

B2FF0598-EA9F-4988-8D86-BC08207E25FC.jpeg

6AF3DE88-DEBD-41A4-A3B1-3FAC4649D3B2.jpeg

3307A518-3139-4E8D-B8FD-73D25FFAA662.jpeg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't see much discussion. But looks like the passes are back to more reasonable prices right now.  At SFoG, Gold good now through Sep 4 2023, $65.  Platinum Good til Jan 2024 and White Water for $90 (in August it was all parks).  Takes the $250 Diamond to get all parks though.

Still not liking the short season for Gold pass.

Meal passes too. $110 for 1 meal, $150 for 2 meals. Not great, but given inflation the last 2 years not horrible.

Looks like similar at other parks.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know when Six Flags over Georgia posts the new schedule? Or Six Flags in general? I’m trying to plan a road trip stop on the way down to Busch Gardens Tampa and Sea World plus Fun Spot Atlanta in mid April.  I’m driving from Minneapolis and stopping at Over Georgia first it’s on the way. Trying to make plans for stopping on the weekend of the April 8th. Is Over Georgia normally open weekends in April? Is that the best time slower crowds? Thanks 

HAHAHA. . RMC's response!

image.png.9d26e1c96c9ed0e436c7543ca15d2a4a.png

gotta wonder if something is going into the eyesore that is Tidal Wave's Splashwater Falls' spot?        a single rail would fit in there wonderfully!

• Like 1

wasn't there rumor that SF had purchased TWO single rail from Skyline?

could this be the 2nd one?   I mean, the spacing (going where Splashwater Falls was) fits, with the Older Kids range of Skyline's single rails.
It's right behind the older Kids section (Justice League themed) and right next door to Joker's Funhouse coaster.

tho why would RMC comment tho?

then again, Great American Scream Machine has been running awful for years now.

wouldn't it be cool to have that RMCd as well?     

I wouldn't mind being so off base, that GASM is getting redone.

They've been retracting GASM for awhile now. The old cyclone trains have been doing a number on the track though. Wish the 3 bench ptcs would come back. Now if rmc was doing a wooden retrack... I would be very interested to see how that turns out. OG was one of the first parks to introduce topper track, would be cool to become a test bed for rmc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bert425 said:

then again, Great American Scream Machine has been running awful for years now.

wouldn't it be cool to have that RMCd as well?     

It has been getting retracked in stages for the last few years.

I doubt they'd do any major modification after all the money spent on that.

On 1/14/2023 at 10:39 AM, bert425 said:

tho why would RMC comment tho?

But. . . why wouldn't but more importantly, why shouldn't they reply and interact with each other?  Behind these park and coaster accounts are people who have created bonds and friendships within the industry.  Why do we feel that because  X and Y communicated in a public forum that something is brewing or why is X commenting on Y's seemingly teasing something when it's not them supplying.  This is why I giggle every time someone takes something the park or designer literal and get all excited for nothing lol lol.

• Like 1

they SHOULD.

tho they tend not to..  hence it's curious when two business-related entities communicate via business accounts.

I mean, I don't blink an eye when Jeffrey Siebert tweets from his private account (which he does all the time) in a Kings Island post.

but you bet it would pique my curiosity if the Six Flags Fiesta Texas account did that.

in this case, I find it super interesting that RMC commented when the announcement was Skyline's single rail.    But that's about it.. "super interesting" 

:)