TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

You're cool, Kim. You didn't start anything. That dude has been going around various Six Flags threads lying and pretending the parks have lifted all mask rules. It's a dumb thing to say, but I guess he's bored or something.

Maybe a bit off topic for this thread, but on topic for your son: Missouri legislature just passed a bill that says businesses aren't liable if people get Covid unless they actively try to give people Covid. With that law in place, it makes sense that the St. Louis park wouldn't bother with anyone proving anything. I have much more to say about Moleg's "Sucks to be you" attitude, but I suppose I ought to just leave it there. 😄

I guess they are trying to prevent lawsuits, but cannot imagine it would hold up in court anyway if you willingly went to a public place. Other than that I am opting out of this obviously unwinnable discussion 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crash1984 said:

That is my home park and I do agree it needs a lot of love. He did not miss anything with the wild mouse being closed. It is insanely rough to the point it can be painful. The $30 for about half the rides may sound absurd but not surprising for them. It always seems like this park has something silly going on. There was the time where you would get a sticker on entry and you had to wear it if you lost yours during the day nothing happened. Then there was the time you could not get in if you were under 21 unless you were with someone at least 21 or you were with a group. I think someone in the military was even denied entrance. They used to also have a special entrance for groups (which is fine) but even though the park opened at 10, they would not open the group entrance until 11.

Weird. First impressions were not helped by the number of houses with Confederate flags flying that you had to pass on the way to the park, but I can hardly blame the park for what people do on their own property. 

On 5/21/2021 at 3:21 PM, bert425 said:

I agree it's gonna be packed.

but at least at SFOG, there are a number of things that a 5 year old would love to do, and don't often pull really big lines (such as the Carousel, the antique cars on carousel hill) in addition to the stuff that is going to end up having huge lines -   heck, I'd consider Flash Pass so you can skip the line with him for Monster Mansion.  

Yeah Bert - luckily there is a lot that he can do and enjoy.  I've spent more time on the Antique Cars in the last year and a half than I spent on them in the last 30 years!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

So....still no word on Mindbender?

Woah. Slow down there. Clearly they need to start taking down the water ride that has been SBNO for years before opening Mindebender. 

This park is awful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the park today and got there a little after 12:00. Lots of people for an overcast day. Probably the shortest wait to get into the park I've ever had, much better than opening day! We only Todd a couple of rides before leaving due to our hunger and not wanting to wait an hour and a half for overpriced food. Ride operations were on point and the only slowdowns experienced were due to guests and not the ops. There was visible work happening on Mind Bender but no sign of new trains or testing going on. It looks sooooo good now that it's all painted. I hope they get it open before the end of the summer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Riddler Mindbender started testing yesterday.  I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to the Instagram user that caught it, but it's an encouraging sign.

The only thing I didn't realize with this update is that the trains were shortened from 7 cars to 5 cars, assuming they're currently testing the final trains.  I wasn't expecting this update to reduce the capacity like that.

Thinking about making my initial visit to this park ever in November the weekend before Thanksgiving.  What rides are typically closed for Holiday in the Park?  I guess as long as Twisted Cyclone, Goliath, Mindbender, and Dare Devil are open I am more than happy to visit. 

1 hour ago, Canobie Coaster said:

Riddler Mindbender started testing yesterday.  I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to the Instagram user that caught it, but it's an encouraging sign.

The only thing I didn't realize with this update is that the trains were shortened from 7 cars to 5 cars, assuming they're currently testing the final trains.  I wasn't expecting this update to reduce the capacity like that.

That's great to hear!! On the note of the shorter trains, I'm pretty sure there's going to be 3 of them again instead of 2. Will they use all 3? Probably not.

16 hours ago, CoasterAuditor said:

Thinking about making my initial visit to this park ever in November the weekend before Thanksgiving.  What rides are typically closed for Holiday in the Park?  I guess as long as Twisted Cyclone, Goliath, Mindbender, and Dare Devil are open I am more than happy to visit. 

I was there the week after Thanksgiving last year and every coaster was open except for Great American Scream Machine.

Thanks all who responded!  Definitely looks like Dollywood during their Christmas event and SFOG during their Christmas event are solid ways to hit those parks when my home parks are closed or with most of their coasters closed.  

On 7/12/2021 at 8:30 AM, The username said:

Saw the video of Mindbender testing. I was worried about pacing due to shorter trains, but it looks like it's moving pretty well.

The way it jetted through the second loop, yeah the Gs will still be there lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know some people were discussing the "Mystery Project" for next year, is that in reference to the old Shoot-the-Chute plot? I'm wondering what people are thinking is coming. I've heard RMC Raptor and Maxx Force-type S&S Air Launch as primary rumors across Reddit & other forums. At this point, they still don't have MindBender open, so they might just delay that again

46 minutes ago, IronWolfman said:

I know some people were discussing the "Mystery Project" for next year, is that in reference to the old Shoot-the-Chute plot? I'm wondering what people are thinking is coming. I've heard RMC Raptor and Maxx Force-type S&S Air Launch as primary rumors across Reddit & other forums. At this point, they still don't have MindBender open, so they might just delay that again

I would kill for an S&S Air Launch style coaster, but I feel like well end up getting a 4D Freespin since were overdue for one anyway.🙈 

Fingers crossed though.

• Like 1

Forgot about the freespin option, I'm still surprised OG hasn't gotten one yet! It'd fit into the lineup as a unique spinning-type coaster, but then again, the Air Launch would also fill the missing launch-type. Either way, wouldn't shock me if S&S is on the bill for the next ground-up ride

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I actually made it out to White Water on Sunday 8/15. I haven't been in about 10 years so it felt great to be back in the park. The app was correct with ride closures. The area where bermuda triangle / gulf screamer and black river falls was all closed off, as well as the lazy river and dive bomber. It appears that the new 2022 slide will be going between dragon tail falls and take over the old Rapids area. Even though I've read horror stories about the summer reviews with slide closures and crowds, we had a great time! The place was fairly empty in the afternoon and we rode everything within an hour, with the longest wait to be around 10 minutes or so for run away river. Most rides were nearly walk on with under 5 minute waits!

Then on Monday 8/16 we ventured out to SFoG. Got a few rides in before the tropical storm approached. Crowds were also non existent with no waits. Most of the big coasters were open with one train ops, as well as Pandemonium and Justice League. I highly recommend the weekdays when they are open in August from 5:00pm to 10:00 pm for minimal crowds. Even got to see some 2 train testing on Mindbender. Looks like they were working on some programming in the station. New trains look really nice. The trains still haul through the loops. One train had weights while the other was empty. Based on where the trains were stopping at the end of the ride, I could easily see them running up to 3 trains now that they are shorter than before, breaking up that long brake run into more block sections.

IMG_7729.jpg

IMG_7732.jpg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, MonorailORANGE said:

I was out at the park tonight and a little birdie told me they're are looking to open Mindbender sometime next week.  

I was shocked at how quiet the park was tonight, it's a great time to visit for sure.

13 hours ago, MonorailORANGE said:

So I actually made it out to White Water on Sunday 8/15. I haven't been in about 10 years so it felt great to be back in the park. The app was correct with ride closures. The area where bermuda triangle / gulf screamer and black river falls was all closed off, as well as the lazy river and dive bomber. It appears that the new 2022 slide will be going between dragon tail falls and take over the old Rapids area. Even though I've read horror stories about the summer reviews with slide closures and crowds, we had a great time! The place was fairly empty in the afternoon and we rode everything within an hour, with the longest wait to be around 10 minutes or so for run away river. Most rides were nearly walk on with under 5 minute waits!

Then on Monday 8/16 we ventured out to SFoG. Got a few rides in before the tropical storm approached. Crowds were also non existent with no waits. Most of the big coasters were open with one train ops, as well as Pandemonium and Justice League. I highly recommend the weekdays when they are open in August from 5:00pm to 10:00 pm for minimal crowds. Even got to see some 2 train testing on Mindbender. Looks like they were working on some programming in the station. New trains look really nice. The trains still haul through the loops. One train had weights while the other was empty. Based on where the trains were stopping at the end of the ride, I could easily see them running up to 3 trains now that they are shorter than before, breaking up that long brake run into more block sections.

IMG_7729.jpg

IMG_7732.jpg

• Like 1

Apologies if this has been asked recently, but is the Gotham City section of the park otherwise open, barring Mindbender of course?  Thinking of planning a trip for Labor Day Weekend.